My first review on the NEW GGTS w/ AVS e-cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rippspeed

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
A, A
I ordered mine thru rob @ vaporkings and started thinking. Man, I spent soo much money on this thing. I mean whats the difference??? I already have the AFS V2 w/ my Prodigy V3. It cant be better than what I have. I must be super lucky because my AFS V2 never leaked and never miss behaved once I mastered her.

I was thinking this because I had alittle buyers remorse ($320 bucks is alot of money to spend on a mod). But, either way was excited to see what my $320 bucks was going to look like...

I've seen videos of the GGTS w/ AVS in IMEO's hands and I thought :censored: me that thing is HUGE!!! But, when baby finally arrived (came in today) I was excited and tore the package apart and started to diassect the new GGTS and the AVS.

I was supprised that this thing was actually just alittle shorter that my prodigy and my afs v2. And it was the just a little thicker than the Prodigy v3 body but it was way lighter...

When I finished playing with the GGTS and AVS(and putting noalox on some of the internal battery threads); I popped my GGTS w/ AVS's cherry and put some VikingVapor Caramel Apple juice in it. And started vaping away. After the 5th hit I noticed how much more vapor, flavor, TH I was getting. (SMACK!!! hand straight to the side of the head) Damm this thing is sooo much better than my prodigy v3 and afs v2.

All my regrets of spending this much money on a freaking greek imported e-cigarette was washed way in clouds of vapour. My comparison is My Prodigy V3 w/ my AFS V2 is like a good Alturo Fuentes cigar. But, my GGTS w/ AVS is like a good cuban w/ a glass of louie the XIIIth cognac. Smoothness my friends, SMOOTHNESS...

Like I said before Imeo ( you greek maker of e-cig art), I'll forever hold your products with high regards... And, You didnt disappoint at all...

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered mine thru rob @ vaporkings and started thinking. Man, I spent soo much money on this thing. I mean whats the difference??? I already have the AFS V2 w/ my Prodigy V3. It cant be better than what I have. I must be super lucky because my AFS V2 never leaked and never miss behaved once I mastered her.

I was thinking this because I had alittle buyers remorse ($320 bucks is alot of money to spend on a mod). But, either way was excited to see what my $320 bucks was going to look like...

I've seen videos of the GGTS w/ AVS in IMEO's hands and I thought :censored: me that thing is HUGE!!! But, when baby finally arrived (came in today) I was excited and tore the package apart and started to diassect the new GGTS and the AVS.

I was supprised that this thing was actually just alittle shorter that my prodigy and my afs v2. And it was the just a little thicker than the Prodigy v3 body but it was way lighter...

When I finished playing with the GGTS and AVS(and putting noalox on some of the internal battery threads); I popped my GGTS w/ AVS's cherry and put some VikingVapor Caramel Apple juice in it. And started vaping away. After the 5th hit I noticed how much more vapor, flavor, TH I was getting. (SMACK!!! hand straight to the side of the head) Damm this thing is sooo much better than my prodigy v3 and afs v2.

All my regrets of spending this much money on a freaking greek imported e-cigarette was washed way in clouds of vapour. My comparison is My Prodigy V3 w/ my AFS V2 is like a good Alturo Fuentes cigar. But, my GGTS w/ AVS is like a good cuban w/ a glass of louie the XIIIth cognac. Smoothness my friends, SMOOTHNESS...

Like I said before Imeo ( you greek maker of e-cig art), I'll forever hold your products with high regards... And, You didnt disappoint at all...

Thanks for your review :)

I received mine today the N°750 ;)

The new innovations are great (collector tank).

Thanks to Imeo for his friendly advises :)

J.

Jumi

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2010
Athens, Greece
... a band aid solution (collector tank). Wouldn't a leak proof system be better? Just sayin...
Well, every water-cooled car in the world has an anti-freeze collector tank where it collects excess fluid and it isn't considered band-aid, it just works better this way...

On the other hand I will respect the opinion of a person that achieved to create a better way for an auto feeding system to work...:)

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
somewhere out there......
Well, every water-cooled car in the world has an anti-freeze collector tank where it collects excess fluid and it isn't considered band-aid, it just works better this way...

On the other hand I will respect the opinion of a person that achieved to create a better way for an auto feeding system to work...:)

actually there is a better solution and its called progress. Right now its only for the 510 attie ( and any 510 attie you have) and its a dripper tank. its pretty cool and I can't wait when it comes out to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ralRheMFFo&feature=player_embedded

it shows it on an ego on this other link down below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYdeW79LcQM

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
When I look at all what folks deem solutions that have progressed on the GG, I can't but help that only the bleeding has been stopped and sometimes stitches are required to close the wound.

How many different parts does the new GGTS with AFS contain now? Is this normal or is there a better method out there? IMHO its just overly complicated for nothing. :?:

Jumi

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2010
Athens, Greece
actually there is a better solution and its called progress. Right now its only for the 510 attie ( and any 510 attie you have) and its a dripper tank. its pretty cool and I can't wait when it comes out to.

YouTube - Preview / teaser of The Precious - U with juice dispenser

it shows it on an ego on this other link down below

YouTube - The Precious Juicer
It looks beautiful and it looks like an AFS! Does it work?

I mean it, don't get me wrong, I want progress for auto feeding systems no matter who creates them.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I think a "time out" needs to be taken wrt the future of the GGTS and AVS/AFS whatever. There are far too many intricate parts to the GGTS. The more parts, the more problems. the more things can go wrong, it is the law of nature.

KISS! It is time to go back to the drawing board and look for sound solutions that make the entire system simpler and dependable.

Being fanboys <---- (sorry no offence intended) of inferior products by design, does not lead towards improvement but rather into complacency IMHO. Negative feedback is what drives improvements, not a pat on the back :)

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
It looks beautiful and it looks like an AFS! Does it work?

I mean it, don't get me wrong, I want progress for auto feeding systems no matter who creates them.

From what I can tell he is the inventor of the precious. He uses a touch a censor in his mods. I have yet to get them but I hear a lot of positive things about this guy. I like this design way more than the AFS.... I think there is a video of him filling it but I'm not sure. Just click on the video twice you should be able to link up to youtube and click on his name to find more videos... just click the name in blue on the bottom left hand side of the video.

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
I think a "time out" needs to be taken wrt the future of the GGTS and AVS/AFS whatever. There are far too many intricate parts to the GGTS. The more parts, the more problems. the more things can go wrong, it is the law of nature.

KISS! It is time to go back to the drawing board and look for sound solutions that make the entire system simpler and dependable.

Being fanboys <---- (sorry no offence intended) of inferior products by design, does not lead towards improvement but rather into complacency IMHO. Negative feedback is what drives improvements, not a pat on the back :)
lol you would be like :censored: this is a ton of parts.... the center post on the attie cap alone has 4 parts. The back caps has three parts. The button has 3 or 4 parts. the body has 5 parts. thats a total of 13 to 15 parts that needs to be clean ever so often. Its crazy and would drive a person crazy if you drop one of the pieces and the user wont be :vapor: if you lose the tiny little pieces.

gb_ibmguy

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
NW NJ
Switched,

I have been wondering the same thing. Other than than the Fanboys, what is the attraction to something that requires this much maintenance and modifications?
It is good to see people working on this, and it will be the wave of the future, once it is perfected. But there has to be an easier way.
For now, a good bottom fed juice box is pretty darn good, simple, cheap and maintenance free. IMHO.

GB

Jumi

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2010
Athens, Greece
Well, offence taken if you are referring to me. We posted a couple of messages each for something I like and you don't. If you have a name for me, I probably have a name for you, but, let's stay polite and say our opinions for the products without naming each other, ok?

Negative feedback is great when someone also proposes a working solution. I find my pc's motherboard complicated and have many ideas for gigabyte to make it simpler, should they listen to me?

Jumi

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2010
Athens, Greece
From what I can tell he is the inventor of the precious. He uses a touch a censor in his mods. I have yet to get them but I hear a lot of positive things about this guy. I like this design way more than the AFS.... I think there is a video of him filling it but I'm not sure. Just click on the video twice you should be able to link up to youtube and click on his name to find more videos... just click the name in blue on the bottom left hand side of the video.
I will check it out, thanks grimmer255 :thumb:

I am a fan of auto-feeding systems and semi-auto-feeding systems (like wetbox). Well, in fact anything that keeps me away from dripping while driving :D

anim8r

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
DC
Well, offence taken if you are referring to me. We posted a couple of messages each for something I like and you don't. If you have a name for me, I probably have a name for you, but, let's stay polite and say our opinions for the products without naming each other, ok?

Negative feedback is great when someone also proposes a working solution. I find my pc's motherboard complicated and have many ideas for gigabyte to make it simpler, should they listen to me?

I wouldn't let it bug you too much. These days if you like something (anything at all) and someone does not, then you're a fanboi.

Whatever that means :smokie:

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Huh, the precious juicer mod looked pretty neat. An earlier poster said that it used a touch sensor (though they couldn't spell it correctly). I'm not going to attack something I haven't used (which would be the hallmark of a fanboy), but I wonder how durable that piece of electronics would be, and if it would be user serviceable or replaceable if it failed.

BTW, nice review.

Jumi

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2010
Athens, Greece
I also like indestructible items. Hell, I have a zippo that my grandfather gave to my father and my father gave to me. It is all mechanical and has more than 40 years of constant use. I also have a zippo that I purchased and used for 20 years... I don't believe they will ever fail... Ever... Same as my GGTS/AFS.

If a GGTS stops working, just clean it! If AFS stops working clean it and check orings. The only instructions you will need for the next 40 years of use :D

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada

Sorry Jumi the comment was a generalized one. You are right, without offering a solution it is not constructive criticism, and very well be perceived as just criticism. I had the GG on my short list and passed for several reasons:

• overpriced at the time $212, (it has since dropped)
  • overly complicated; and
  • IMHO some of the fixes were band aid solutions vice permanent fixes.
I watched all the videos and the rationale behind the fixes. I am not about to buy one because I did not like what I was seeing. I offered Imeo to reverse engineer the unit for him, and see if we couldn't come up with some sound solutions. It was declined, so be it.

The thread with the marred telescopic tube has me concerned. It shouldn't be happening, yet is, and being defended. O no!!! - E-Cigarette Forum<---- That to me is fanboyism. The acceptance of poor quality regardless... and it ain't no Maserrati.

If we are not allowed to voice honest opinions, what is the purpose of this boards. The OP stated his AFS V2 worked flawslessly on the V3 yet he is not impressed with the new version. I stated a band aid solution, which without seing it in person, may very well be. But then again I could be wrong and we will never know, becasue I am simply not prepared to spend the cash to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread