My first try of genuine Swedish snus...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimXero

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2009
Seffner, Florida
I work at a Circle K here in Pensacola, and we recently started receiving General swedish snus in White, Wintergreen and Mint white portions. I picked up a can each of Wintergreen and White and I must say, I'm not too thrilled. I'm hoping to curb my dip habit with snus (I use an e-cig as well) but this stuff is overpowering. The wintergreen is waaaaay to strong and the white is just....there. And they both give me an acidic taste after 10-15 minutes and start to turn my stomach.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this one of those things you put in, take out, put back in, ad nauseum? or is this just not the right snus for me? I hate to throw away $15 >.<

Skrymr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2009
Are you putting it on top towards the side? The further forward you put it the less saliva is generated. The flavor does take some getting used to, mostly because if the salt content. You can use it any way that works for you. Take it out, put it back as you see fit. I've never tried wintergreen, but also never heard too many positive reviews of it. White is a good flavor to me, but what I like you may not. Mint is a very popular snus, but just not my cup of tea.

I would suggest give it a try for a few days, it may grow on you. Snus may just not be for you, but at least you gave it a shot.

jeenam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
nyc
I bought a can of snus over the weekend as my smokers cough was preventing me from being able to vape. As skyrmr mentioned, placement is important. Apparently I missed the part about placing the snus along the upper gum and the first piece I tried gave me a mega buzz. Had to take it out after about 30 seconds due to too much saliva being generated from having it on the lower gum. Once I figured out it the upper gum is where it's supposed to be placed all was well. The stuff is strong but it held me over for a few days until my smokers cough subsided to the point where I could continue vaping.

Bought General White portion btw. Tastes pretty good.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good advice so far. You might want to try the mint. I could never stomach the wintergreen. I tried it several times and it ended up being one of the very few that I've ever thrown away. The white is ok but not a favorite of mine. Was it really $15 for two cans? The general sold here is $3.99 a can.

GregH

ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2009
    Georgia USA
    I agree with hittman; try the mint. I couldn't stomach the wintergreen either (and I love wintergreen mints). I'm not too crazy about the white either. The mint is pretty much all I use.

I recently got some of the new General Nordic Mint flavor. Discounting the fact that it comes with only 15 portions per can, the flavor is pretty good, I think. It's more of a spearmint flavor than the regular General Mint.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread