• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

My folding@home quit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pissy

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Somewhere
My folding@home program quit working..all I get now is a windows message "FahCore_a4exe has stopped working" "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I ran 2 different scans on my computer and the only things to come up with were cookies that were deleted, so i un-installed the folding@home program and tried to reinstall..it only gets about 1/3 thru the installation and comes up with an error. "Failed to install files. Most likely some software possibly F@H is currently using one or more files that the installer is trying to upgrade. Please stop all running F@H software and quit any applications that are using files from the F@H installation. Note, complete shut down can take a little while after the application has closed."

I checked task manager and it showed nothing running, I rebooted the computer, I waited 6 hours and tried again only to receive the same message.

Please help me!!! But understand that I'm as ungeek as they come when it involves a computer. :oops:

Judge Dredd

Reviewer / Blogger
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Click the start button, then in the search box, type %appdata%. Once that folder opens up, browse through that folder, particularly in the sub-folder "Roaming," for anything to do with FAH. If you find something, rename it with the suffix "OLD." Then type in %temp% and do the same thing. You should now be able to re-install the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread