my happy went to sad :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

COHgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2012
Kansas
I just opened the box with my new Satin Stainless Steel Provari. It does not work :(

I took it out of the box and put a fresh battery in it. The first thing I did was run it to Cb to check the battery. It showed 4.2 and then showed 4.1 and the screen started flickering a little bit. I took the IBTanked off my other Provari and put it on the new one. The tank I was using was green and I wanted it on the green Provari :) Nothing happened. I tried again, still nothing. I took the battery out and put in the battery from my Blue Provari. Nothing. I took the end cap off of my Blue and tried that on the Green. Nothing.

Nothing is showing on the screen so there is no error message to report. The LED light flashes and that is all that is happening.

I took the battery out and put it in again. I was able to check the battery with the IBTanked on it. But again the screen flickered when I did that. It bounced from 4.1 to 4.2 to 4.1. After the battery check all that happens when I push the button is the LED flashing rapidly at me.

I know it is not the battery or the tank because I can swap from Green to Blue and everything is fine on Ole Blue.

One note, The top of the device is different between the two. Ole Blue, which I bought from a local store, has a smooth top on it. Green has 4 cuts in the top that you can feel running your finger over the top but you can't see from the sides.

My backup is going back :(

COHgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2012
Kansas
agara9et.jpg

Different tops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
I just opened the box with my new Satin Stainless Steel Provari. It does not work :(

I took it out of the box and put a fresh battery in it. The first thing I did was run it to Cb to check the battery. It showed 4.2 and then showed 4.1 and the screen started flickering a little bit. I took the IBTanked off my other Provari and put it on the new one. The tank I was using was green and I wanted it on the green Provari :) Nothing happened. I tried again, still nothing. I took the battery out and put in the battery from my Blue Provari. Nothing. I took the end cap off of my Blue and tried that on the Green. Nothing.

Nothing is showing on the screen so there is no error message to report. The LED light flashes and that is all that is happening.

I took the battery out and put it in again. I was able to check the battery with the IBTanked on it. But again the screen flickered when I did that. It bounced from 4.1 to 4.2 to 4.1. After the battery check all that happens when I push the button is the LED flashing rapidly at me.

I know it is not the battery or the tank because I can swap from Green to Blue and everything is fine on Ole Blue.

One note, The top of the device is different between the two. Ole Blue, which I bought from a local store, has a smooth top on it. Green has 4 cuts in the top that you can feel running your finger over the top but you can't see from the sides.

My backup is going back :(

It must be you. Provaris never break.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
I just looked at my Provari Mini.....no slots on the top. Curious to find out why there are 2 different tops. I'd contact Provape.

Please let us know the outcome of this....Thanks.

I looked at your photo and could see the ProVari label on your mini. This seems to indicate it's printed instead pressed into the metal. This would indicate that your mini is possibly a version 2.

I have three version 2.5 and all of them have no slots on top. (Kind of wish they did. My Protank hates my ProVari. The Pro Ring I got from ProVape helps this.)

Edit: Looked at pbusardo's review on the V2, he doesn't have slots either......

Last edited:

COHgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2012
Kansas
The tall one is my blue. It has the extension cap on it. The short one is the new one, it doesn't have any caps on it at all.
They are both the same size.

I did get this directly from Provape. They replied to my support ticket and did say they have redesigned the caps!

The device only had my IBTanked on it for less than 30 seconds before it went wonky. The juice level did not go down so I'm pretty sure it wasn't from any liquid on the board.

I've already received a reply from ProVape and I've printed out my return forms. Guess I'll get to try again next week :)

keonee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
USA
I looked at your photo and could see the ProVari label on your mini. This seems to indicate it's printed instead pressed into the metal. This would indicate that your mini is possibly a version 2.

I have three version 2.5 and all of them have no slots on top. (Kind of wish they did. My Protank hates my ProVari. The Pro Ring I got from ProVape helps this.)

Thanks for the reply. I went back to look at my order from Provapes on 12/03/2013 and it states - "1 of : ProVari™ Mini V2.5 with Digital Display - Satin Silver New Design - Processing Time 3-5 Business Days"

So now I'm wondering what I was sold.......V2 or V2.5

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
Thanks for the reply. I went back to look at my order from Provapes on 12/03/2013 and it states - "1 of : ProVari™ Mini V2.5 with Digital Display - Satin Silver New Design - Processing Time 3-5 Business Days"
So now I'm wondering what I was sold.......V2 or V2.5

You have a V2.5 if the Provari Logo is engraved on the body tube... They must of redesigned the top cap...

keonee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
USA
You have a V2.5 if the Provari Logo is engraved on the body tube... They must of redesigned the top cap...

Thanks Riverboat. I have a 2nd Provari in the mail now. I'll compare the 2 and see if I get a different cap or the same cap. Glad to know I have the V2.5 version that I ordered....sure do like the Provari.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR

Looks like all the moaning and groaning you were doing for all those months about the ProVari's "defects" is starting to show results. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread