• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

My HiLiq PG and 24mg nic VG review

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
First off, the customer service is among the best I've experienced. Ryan, from HiLiq customer service answers anytime you contact him (through skype) and I received my nic filled VG without a hitch. Along with PG/VG I also ordered 2 flavors: blueberry and kiwi. Haven't tried kiwi yet but blueberry is REALLY good! I know DIY requires alot of steeping time but I vaped right after I created my first 50/50 10ml batch. As expected, the flavor wasn't very pronounced right from the start but as I vaped, the flavor got better and better and the after taste is amazing. I'm really excited to try it after 2-3 days of steeping!

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
First off, the customer service is among the best I've experienced. Ryan, from HiLiq customer service answers anytime you contact him (through skype) and I received my nic filled VG without a hitch. Along with PG/VG I also ordered 2 flavors: blueberry and kiwi. Haven't tried kiwi yet but blueberry is REALLY good! I know DIY requires alot of steeping time but I vaped right after I created my first 50/50 10ml batch. As expected, the flavor wasn't very pronounced right from the start but as I vaped, the flavor got better and better and the after taste is amazing. I'm really excited to try it after 2-3 days of steeping!

I completely agree with you about HiLIQ and Ryan. I've ordered from them 5 or 6 times, without any hassles or problems whatsoever with Customs.

And the concentrated flavors are EXCELLENT. My absolute favorite is Kiwi, followed by Coke, and then Pineapple.

Having an awesome order FULL of what you need, delivered to your doorstep with tracking number within 4 days maximum is unbeatable. Period.

As for steeping goes, there's a lot of theories 'vaping around' about what is best. Please read this link. I've learned to follow it and it works perfectly:

http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_...inal_result_of_chemical_analyses_of_steeping/

Cheers my friend...

Last edited:

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
I completely agree with you about HiLIQ and Ryan. I've ordered from them 5 or 6 times, without any hassles or problems whatsoever with Customs.

And the concentrated flavors are EXCELLENT. My absolute favorite is Kiwi, followed by Coke, and then Pineapple.

Having an awesome order FULL of what you need, delivered to your doorstep with tracking number within 4 days maximum is unbeatable. Period.

As for steeping goes, there's a lot of theories 'vaping around' about what is best. Please read this link. I've learned to follow it and it works perfectly:

http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_...inal_result_of_chemical_analyses_of_steeping/

Cheers my friend...

Do you mix the flavors or just use one flavor at a time in your juice?

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Do you mix the flavors or just use one flavor at a time in your juice?

Sometimes I mix the flavours in the tank if I think they will go well together. Such as orange and lemon. Or, pineapple and Kiwi. A few drops of cool Menthol usually tastes nice with many flavours, but not all.

By the way, I ordered a small 10ml bottle of "Cooling Concentate" from HiLIQ. My oh my, that stuff is potent. Just one drop on my finger for a taste, litterly froze my mouth for 1/2 an hour. I recommend just one or two drops max per tank for a really refreshing taste to a fruit flavored E-Liquid per 3-5ml tank. You'll love it!

Though I've never premixed 2 or 4 concentrated flavours beforehand when making the E-Liquid. Haven't had the "courage" yet to take the chance that the whole batch ends up tasting like mung.

Cheers my friend..

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
Ok I might try that.I made a 10ml batch with 12mg nic, 50/50. I kept the percentage of flavor to 10% but I kept tasting VG (I think) more. Then I bumped up to 15% and the flavor and the throat hit was too strong! I've made a new 10ml batch with 60% VG (12mg nic) and a mix of blueberry and kiwi. I have a good feeling about this one. The throat hit SHOULD be satisfactory now with none of the flavors being too strong

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Ok I might try that.I made a 10ml batch with 12mg nic, 50/50. I kept the percentage of flavor to 10% but I kept tasting VG (I think) more. Then I bumped up to 15% and the flavor and the throat hit was too strong! I've made a new 10ml batch with 60% VG (12mg nic) and a mix of blueberry and kiwi. I have a good feeling about this one. The throat hit SHOULD be satisfactory now with none of the flavors being too strong

The method I used, which worked fantastically, was 15 percent Flavor Concentrate, a 50/50 mix of VG & PG, and a nicotine reading of 12mg/ml.

Then I always steeped at least a week, beginning with putting the bottles in a slow cooker set at warm for 8 hours. After that, put them away in a dark place. Shake them occasionally, and try to refrain from vaping it until the ingredients have time enough to thoroughly mix/combine together. The longer the better. Tried some stuff I made 2 months ago, and it was 'out of this world' compared to the same flavour made only 2 weeks ago.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014

On a side note, wait until you try that Blueberry batch you just made in 2 weeks from now. It will taste much much better. No kidding. Although, no sense in waiting if you're OK with how it currently is. Just realized, the flavour enhancement will increase big time over the course of two weeks, or an 8 hour 'slow cooker' hot bath.

Last edited:

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Yeah I'm ordering a coffee cup warmer. Just under 10,000 won

I bought a "slow cooker" about 4 years ago at Costco here in Korea for about 40,000 won. Made in the States. Used it at first for making Texas Chili and soups, but now it's primarily used for E-Liquid "steeping." lol

Can't say my wife is that pleased with that "kind" of cooking, but oh well. Such is life....

Last edited:

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Hahah, you should get your wife into vaping too. I'm trying to get my girlfriend into it but it seems like a lost cause till now :(

Trust me, I've tried to get her into vaping. But being a non-smoking traditional Korean girl, it's not easy. Even bought her a 100,000 e-cigarette set at the local vape shop with rainbow colors.

It's an on and off again process. Recently, there's been a MEGA amount of bad press (propaganda put out by the government/tobacco companies) which are naturally causing her concern. That crap doesn't help the matter!

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014

I'm curious as to what you thought of the Kiwi flavour? Personally, my favorites are the Kiwi and Pineapple now.

At 15% flavour concentrate, 50/50 VG PG mix, and 12mg/ml nicotine. Then steeped for at least 2 weeks.

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
I'm curious as to what you thought of the Kiwi flavour? Personally, my favorites are the Kiwi and Pineapple now.

At 15% flavour concentrate, 50/50 VG PG mix, and 12mg/ml nicotine. Then steeped for at least 2 weeks.

Till now I've been using weak concentrations of flavors. I think i should bump it up though for me, I like blueberry better than kiwi. What percentage of flavoring do you use?

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Man I just dont have the patience for steeping. How much of a difference does it make? One of the links you posted on steeping, there a guy says that 8 hours of heating the mixture is the same as steeping for weeks

Right, 8 hours in a slow-cooker as that guy "scientifically" demonstrated is supposedly the same as a few weeks of having the bottle just sit still.

Curious, what percentage of flavoring did you initially add to your PG/VG mix when mixing the HiLIQ flavours?

alljokingaside

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2015
Busan, Korea
Not accurate in the least, but in addition to "thinning" the solution (allowing better integration), adding heat to any chemical reaction speeds up the process (ie the reaction). The limiting factor would be (I'll assume that it is a relevant factor) oxygen. Also, the temp needed for the chemicals in question to properly "interact" (vs time-"steeping") w/o burning, denaturing, etc. The problem's knowing which chemicals will react (I doubt this'll ever be explored due to limited interest and, well, tedium.).

When I get my nicotine in, I'm planning on adding the nic to the solution after a proper series of heat-baths w/ hot and near-boiling water (no crock pot/no desire for said crock pot) since I remember reading that heat+nicotine isn't a great combination. (although I doubt a heat-bath will do much to the nicotine. But whatever.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread