My husband is going to kill me (now that cigarettes won't). Haha- help me calculate my argument!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2009
Dallas, TX
Wow that's quite a delay. I'm sorry, that really sucks. :mad:

K (my husband) was stop-lossed last October right before he was supposed to ETS. He's been in 5 yrs, and we're almost done! I think his last day of work is November 15th.

Nothing was worth separating our family ever other year. I hated that life, and I cannot wait to be free.

HighHeeledGoddess

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Sadly, I bought my e-cigs thinking they would be cheaper than cigarettes. The bad news is, they have not been cheaper due to failing parts, etc. The good news is I have not had a regular cigarette in almost a month now! :) I plan to use mine to quit, so I just keep reminding my husband (a never-smoker) that it is an investment in me not smoking. The e-cigs will have totally paid for themselves in a few months after I've quit completely.

boxhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Chico, california
hrrmmm, there isn`t enough juice...kidding, numbers...well i think from how i use, which is at the top of the scale( i`m an addict) 2-3ml a day ok 3-5mls but i am trying to back it down. when i use extra36, super24, i do use less but when i use high18 and reg16 an mid11. i dont put the PV down.

also, there maybe harder times coming ahead with the FDA lawsuit ruling coming out this week or the next. and even with a positive ruling, we may face higher e-liquid cost due to tax and better quality controls that would likely come out of this ruling, imo. also here in calif. we came close to a 'selling the stuff is illegel<sp>' and there may some states getting ready to try to ban sales, So, the numbers...having supplies enough to get to the point of quitting completly is different for everybody, having supplies to last for this is "something i really dont want to stop doing it" is wide. 170mls could be enough for 170 days(1ml/day), or 85 days(2ml/day) or 57 days(3ml/day), or 43 days(4ml/day). how many packs of analogs did you buy a week? i was 8 packs a week, just over 1.2 a day. here in cali. 5.50$ x 8=is 176.$/ month, take out the chargers, battery and cartoes could be an approxamation<damn i can`t spell> of vape only use. and you had to buy lighters, gum, mouthwash, stuff to dust and clean if you smoked inside, airfreshers for the car...( i`m still febrezzing the car, and it`s been from april that i have not smoked in the car, May, that i have smoked a analog.
the bottom line is you should also look at how better you feel, not what your spending, if your spending to much, maybe you should quit :( , or slow down :) .

this was a long incoherent ramble of some #`s and the real bottom line is if you have it you wont need to worry about running out or part failure making you think of thinking of going back to the old analog. sorry if my 2cents came out to $2.48, but hanging out till Sun checks in with judge leon`s ruling, i thought i would "help?"...

Dirtybutts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
West Point, New York
UGH..My hubby has been a lifer! He only has 5 years before retirement! This is our 3rd deployment that he has been in Iraq since we got together. He is a Green Beret though and there deployments are much shorter than everyone elses. Normally 4-6 months but his one is the longest at 8 months. I cant wait for it to be over. Anywho..If you think the Chuck is 2 scary check out the protege or something! Good Luck!

ImArchimedes

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
I have to second other peoples posts by stating you can't put a price tag on health.

Well, I mean you can... and it can be expensive... but it can be fun! Hence why vapping, at least for my wife and I, became less of an alternative/life saving change and more of a sport.

Lets see... I've been vapping for 1 month and a week so not long at all. Got the Mrs into it only a week after I started. Now lets look at what we have purchased so far...

3 Npros (don't ask WHY I have 3, its a long story...)
$194.97 (64.99 x 3)

1 replacement atty for Npro
$9.95

7 different Janty 10ml bottles
$69.93 (9.99 x 7)

4 30ml bottles from Wetyourstick.com
$75.96 (18.99 x 4)

and just arrived today

1 Janty Stick set
$69.99

------------
Grand Total : $420.8 (without shipping)

Assumed Grand Total after my wife tries the Janty Stick and wants one: $490.79

Okay... I'd never actually done that math before. I'm a sad panda.

Sunnycharacter

Sep 20, 2009
I just started vaping last week, and I've spent $416. :shock:

1. Well Jessa, there are many sites that have sort of "calculators" that break down the cost savings (in the longrun and shortrun) from vaping vs analogs. I'd use that to start with, and the savings are undeniable. The initial cost can actually be cheaper than a month's worth of smoking those nasty analogs anyway!

2. Explain that not only others around you, but you will be better for it. You'll sleep better, breathe better, think clearer and smell better. You will live longer! Now who can get mad at that?

3. To further keep your costs down, start creating your own juices (recipes and suggestions abound here.) Also, treat yourself to ordering special juices and ask for them for birthdays, Christmas, Valentines day! Some juices you probably can't replicate easily, so order them, but you can also come up with some awesome ones on your own. I created a pink lemonade that is to die for. And made my own Merlot juice! No, really!

Hope this helps!;)

bladeangel87

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
After purchases of a mod, juices, starter kit, mod pieces foam etc. Just about 150 over what I would have spent feeding my 2-2.5 pack a day habit.

If I don't buy any juice for the next 2 weeks I will be broken even. I got a pile of juices here. But I dont see that happening since I will be ordering more from a couple of places and a DIY kit.

Ninjas67

May 22, 2009
GA
well, unless you picked some really killer juices, after a bit, you're gonna be like hmmm- these three are my favorites- and I despise that one, that one & that one, and IDK, this one's ok, but I don't really love it- and next thing you know what's left won't last but three weeks. Then you will do some mixing of your own- and ruin some juice that way trying to figure out what you like- yeah, you can still vape ones you don't like- but you won't prefer to. So I'd say in a few months, you'll be wanting to try some different juices. You'll also be ready for a HV mod or at least a few more attys and batts. I'd say your not done- but you are set for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread