My HV vs normal 510 atty feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

skywalk

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2009
Malaysia
I bought 3 normal 510 attys and vaped it on the stock batt and the xhaler. my first atty died after the 3rd or 4th drag. (DOA) the 2nd....wow. No competition: xhaler at 5v had full flavor, loads more vapor and throat hit. So I ditched the stock batts.

I then got my chuck: The second one died after 32 days of moderately heavy vaping. (about 50-60ml used up) so I am VERY pleased my normal atty lasted me that long, at 6v on the Chuck.

Then my HV attys came in and I compared it to the normal atty. Frankly speaking, there was virtually NO difference in the vape, TH, flavor...nothing. The ONLY noticeable difference was the normal atty got a lot hotter, and I had to put it down to cool for a bit longer between puffs.

FYI I used a digital meter and got these readings:
Chuck: 6.56v
normal atty: 2.8ohms
HV atty: 4.1 ohms

Till I got my HV atty, I was worried that 6v and 2.8 ohms would destroy it....but instead, I had a wonderful vaping experience. So as far as i'm concerned, HV at 4.2ohms, and normal attys give similar performance, excluding the heat production of course.

I devoured all the write-ups about wattage, p=IV, r=V/I, was worried about vaping at what....16watts?? calculating again and again the best combination to hit the sweet spot of between 8-11watts....my advice to you folks is forget it. Just go get a HV batt mod, and get any atty up to 4+ohms, and you're in for a treat. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread