The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

My HV vs normal 510 atty feedback

Discussion in 'Atomizer Reviews' started by skywalk, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. skywalk

skywalk Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2009
    Malaysia
    I bought 3 normal 510 attys and vaped it on the stock batt and the xhaler. my first atty died after the 3rd or 4th drag. (DOA) the 2nd....wow. No competition: xhaler at 5v had full flavor, loads more vapor and throat hit. So I ditched the stock batts.

I then got my chuck: The second one died after 32 days of moderately heavy vaping. (about 50-60ml used up) so I am VERY pleased my normal atty lasted me that long, at 6v on the Chuck.

Then my HV attys came in and I compared it to the normal atty. Frankly speaking, there was virtually NO difference in the vape, TH, flavor...nothing. The ONLY noticeable difference was the normal atty got a lot hotter, and I had to put it down to cool for a bit longer between puffs.

FYI I used a digital meter and got these readings:
    Chuck: 6.56v
    normal atty: 2.8ohms
    HV atty: 4.1 ohms

Till I got my HV atty, I was worried that 6v and 2.8 ohms would destroy it....but instead, I had a wonderful vaping experience. So as far as i'm concerned, HV at 4.2ohms, and normal attys give similar performance, excluding the heat production of course.

I devoured all the write-ups about wattage, p=IV, r=V/I, was worried about vaping at what....16watts?? calculating again and again the best combination to hit the sweet spot of between 8-11watts....my advice to you folks is forget it. Just go get a HV batt mod, and get any atty up to 4+ohms, and you're in for a treat. :thumbs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.