My Maple Bacon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilibet

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
Virginia
I have a few Flavour Arts flavors but not the bacon. I do have Perfumer's Apprentice bacon and I love it. I find it to be fairly strong and very true to actual bacon flavor. I mixed it by itself and for me it's an occasional, not an all-day vape but a pleasant and interesting change from my usual sweet choices.

In general, I prefer Perfumer's Apprentice to any of the other flavors I have. Many of the others are too weak and some have off-tastes or reek of chemicals. Linda's seem the closest to what they purport to represent.

Guineahill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
King George Virginia USA
I use a different number of drops depending on the dropper. It took a while, but I finally figured out how all the different ones I use work. Dan's values for the numbers of drops per ml for the different brands of bottles and droppers is very accurate.

The strengths of each brand and flavor within that brand is NOT always the same. Some are very strong and some are weaker. I do find, particularly with the Perfumers Apprentice flavors that they seem stronger after they have been allowed to sit for a while. In other words, when I make a recipe and it seems perfect when fresh... it will often seem too strong after sitting for a few days. These flavors seem to develop more than the other brands and I kind of like it. ;)

I love this recipe but it is definitely not an all day vape for me. I have ordered the bacon from Linda but haven't received it yet. When I do I will compare it with FlavourArt's version.

Guineahill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
King George Virginia USA
Have you tried the PA bacon yet, Guineahill? I ordered some today since the anticipation has been too great to wait for a review. Worse case scenario, I'll have some fat-free flavoring for my morning grits.

LOL - I have the PA Bacon but haven't played with it yet. I promise to try to get to it this weekend.....

(Our internet connection went down over the weekend and when we finally got it up I had to finish the taxes and pay bills... darn work interfering with fun!)

:)

MacDiver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
Morehead City, NC
Perfumer's Apprentice now has Waffle, Maple and Bacon for sale. I just ordered the former two today.

How many drops per ml do you use for PA's stuff vs FA in Dan's calc -assuming you use his? I've been using 40 drops per mil in the calculator. Or maybe the question should be if you were making it using PA how many drops of the ingredients would you try first?

Hell, I'm confusing myself with that! Well, you get the idea and I'm a recipe noob anyway.

Can't wait to try that goodness

:p

Last edited:

Guineahill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
King George Virginia USA
I use 40 for the tiny droppers. The droppers that fit the larger bottles have fewer drops per ml. It is best to measure it yourself for your own droppers.

If you have a 1 ml syringe it is easy. Just plug the end with a toothpick or something similar and count the drops until it shows 1 ml! And you can use the syringe to squirt the flavoring right back into its original bottle. No waste and no mess!

And I STILL haven't made this up using PA flavorings. I have been so busy I keep forgetting! I'll try harder. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread