Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Tim check out this video from a genesis dude we recently converted to micro coils :)

Look at them clouds bro :)

Micro Coil for the rba on your REO
Micro Coil for the RBA on your REO - Page 75

actually X, i wish i re-shot the vid. TBH i was having a slight issue with the reo. remember when i thought it was the o-ring and thought i felt like before the o-ring the vape wasn't as good, well it wasn't the o ring it was a contact issue with the battery. the first few days were great but then i was kind of losing power and got to its worst as i was doing the video. well after the video i remembered seeing the noalox and decided to use a dab, now it is great, and way more clouds then in the video, seriously no comparison. is this something that needs to be done every few days? or is there a bigger issue and the noalox is just temporarily bridging the gap? actually 2 days after getting the reo i had the same thing happen, i checked out everything and all looked good, its then that i installed the o-ring and added my first dab of noalox. i then thought it was the o-ring that made it work. anyways fast forward to last night and i was getting the power loss again, its then that i realized it was the noalox and not the oring. im either thinking that you need to use the noalox every 3 days or i have a slight switch problem.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Interesting post. I agree many devices produce the same end result. My provari will give the same vapor with a RM2 on top, and I can super charge it. The REO shines in its function in regards to the process. I just ripped off my favorite cotton dual coil and wrapped a coil over silica. I don't worry about the silica, the thinset I use probably gives me a lifetime of wick use with one mix.
We all vape because we know we would have to be absolute idiots to smoke. Take away our reos for 2 days and we would be sucking on a blu from the nearest store saying how great it is, or buying some smokes.
The reality is we do not smoke anymore, but we are all still addicts, and we can justify it all we want.

I love vaping because it delivers me something I literally have no use for, and cannot for some reason get rid of the " need "
We all can pretend that vaping is the answer, but it really is just a band-aid for our real problem.

Though RBA's do help make me not want to light up a smoke, almost all successful smoking to vaping converts have to add a "hobby" aspect to make up for the extra effort required to make that switch.

So, in closing, while I love vaping and I would switch right back to smoking if It magically became safe. I really wish I could just kick the addiction. That I think we could all almost agree on.

hey buddy, i was reading your post and thought you misspelled a word, i said to myself " that word looks like thinset" and being that i am a flooring contractor its then that i realized you must be one too.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Vapdivrr, I am one of the rare few who had never noaloxed my current crop of REOs. The oldest one I currently have is about 4 or 5 months old. I have either been lucky, or I don't know what I'm missing. My REO vape is consistently off the chain. I keep it spotless inside.

Perhaps later, I'll give it a bath, scuff the pin and hit it with a little noalox from my lifetime supply bottle and see if there's any difference.

I think there's little that can fail with the switch, but if your a button masher, that has been known to cause issues by deforming the pin. Very gentle pressure is all I use, just enough to make contact.

Try to scuff the very tip of the pin and hit it with some noalox and see if it helps. You wanna be sparing with it and not get it on anything but the tip of the pin cause it'll trap lint and stuff in it.

Are your AW IMRs new?

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
it is amazing how much we are all different, but that's what makes the world go around. sometimes i think its a conspiracy just to piss me off. i have heard people say that they had tried porous ceramic wicks in a genny and didn't like it compared to ss mesh, WHAT? i absolutely thought they were joking, for it couldn't be. i often thought it was because of the botched up job that they did with the set-up, for it had to be wrong. although this could be the case in many instances for the most part it is because of personal taste, and maybe the particular juice as well. maybe some juices just didn't taste as good in a ceramic set-up compared to mesh. i vape sweet juices myself, dessert types if you will and coffee flavors, these always shined in ceramic genesis set ups compared to mesh, big time, but maybe tobacco juices didn't. all i do know is that i made just about every set-up you could do in a genny, with every wick, and i know they were always set up to perfection, in the end a porous ceramic wick was my favorite at low resistances. i haven't, however made to many dripper set-ups with your typical silica, i basically came from genesis and straight into the reo. this means i cannot compare any standard coil& wick set-ups in drippers compared to the reo set-up that i have now, what i can tell you is that this current set-up i have, 26g@0.6Ω,16g blunt tip has as good of flavor to my ceramic genny but with a harder and faster hit with slightly more vapor production. i did recently try a silica wick in a cheapy dripper and didn't like the flavor at all, also have tried silica in a genny and had the same results. also have tried the xc-116, and like the silica, didn't care for the flavor. one thing i would have to say though about the micro coils imo, is that to me, they did not simulate a sub-1 coil either. initially i had made a 1.6 or 1.8 coil thinking it would produce the intensity of my usual sub-1 coil, well it did not. i basically had to use the same resistances that i did when vaping my genesis devices, although i suppose a .9Ω coil in micro might equal a .7Ω in a genny, for the micro does hit harder for sure.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Vap. My pin needs a frequent scuff (file) and a dab. I don't know if it's cause I'm drawing lots of current @ .5 or if it's the flat-button top batteries; but the way I do it, nets such results. Anymore, about every other night I'll take a few seconds to make a quick swipe with a fine file and apply a tiny dab.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Vapdivrr, I am one of the rare few who had never noaloxed my current crop of REOs. The oldest one I currently have is about 4 or 5 months old. I have either been lucky, or I don't know what I'm missing. My REO vape is consistently off the chain. I keep it spotless inside.

Perhaps later, I'll give it a bath, scuff the pin and hit it with a little noalox from my lifetime supply bottle and see if there's any difference.

I think there's little that can fail with the switch, but if your a button masher, that has been known to cause issues by deforming the pin. Very gentle pressure is all I use, just enough to make contact.

Try to scuff the very tip of the pin and hit it with some noalox and see if it helps. You wanna be sparing with it and not get it on anything but the tip of the pin cause it'll trap lint and stuff in it.

Are your AW IMRs new?

i just bought 2 new aw/imr's and have like 4 older ones as well, i use all in rotation. there then might be an issue with the masher because a few times i had no connection at all, completely dead, then i would spin the battery around and it would be good. the next vape then would be not as powerful but had a connection, then the next hour is fine. 2 hrs after that back to less power and sporadic connection, all this completely goes away with the noalox. with a fresh dab its seems perfect for a couple days, then its back to sketchiness. might have to ask reomaker if this could be something he has heard of

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Vap. My pin needs a frequent scuff (file) and a dab. I don't know if it's cause I'm drawing lots of current @ .5 or if it's the flat-button top batteries; but the way I do it, nets such results. Anymore, about every other night I'll take a few seconds to make a quick swipe with a fine file and apply a tiny dab.

maybe it is because of the hi current we do? i have been using the mnke, but also use the aw/imr's. its not a big deal because it just takes a second like you said to touch it up, but at first i didn't know what was causing it. glad its just not me, thanks

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal

Are your AW IMRs new?

Interesting X. I too have never reapplied noalox on mine, in fact I wiped all of it off when I got them & use a liquid applied from a pen but not very often. I have had no issues yet bit I haven't had mine as long

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
Today I was having some issues with a good vape. My presses would come and go and I felt I had to add a little more pressure on the button. For kicks I shut off the lights in the room, pulled the door off the Grand and pushed the button. I was getting a tiny spark. I ran a file across the tip a few times, applied a touch of Noalox and the problem was solved. I think I file and apply Noalox about every 6 months or so but never as a routine, only when there seems to be problems.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com

You may be on to something p-dibby. I do vape at fairly high resistance, like 2 - 2.3ish. Perhaps that's why I skate by with NO - alox.

I have a suggestion though: get vv grands. They don't need noalox cause they don't have the conventional firing pin, rather a fixed contact plate. The magic happens thru a chipset behind the Delrin :)

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Today I was having some issues with a good vape. My presses would come and go and I felt I had to add a little more pressure on the button. For kicks I shut off the lights in the room, pulled the door off the Grand and pushed the button. I was getting a tiny spark. I ran a file across the tip a few times, applied a touch of Noalox and the problem was solved. I think I file and apply Noalox about every 6 months or so but never as a routine, only when there seems to be problems.

well it definitely sounds like the same issue, that's what mine felt the very first time, as if i had to press a little harder on the button. maybe the masher leaver in my new reo got tarnished or something, and was sitting around a long time before i received it. i suppose if i took it apart and looked at it magnified i might see some kind of build up on it. at least i know the cause and im sure if i just slightly sand it, it will be fine. thanks

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
You may be on to something p-dibby. I do vape at fairly high resistance, like 2 - 2.3ish. Perhaps that's why I skate by with NO - alox.

I have a suggestion though: get vv grands. They don't need noalox cause they don't have the conventional firing pin, rather a fixed contact plate. The magic happens thru a chipset behind the Delrin :)

isn't noalox a stool softener or something?

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
stool softener, hah! I don't know, vap, try it and let us know what you think. :p

All my mods require(d) maintenance, the touch with a file every couple days is no more than what the contacts needed on my telescope and natural (sanded down brass, for me, oxidized quickly). It is, however, so much easier with the REO; vs unscrewing everything to get inside the tubules. I wouldn't sacrifice the joys of mech. vaping over the occasional scuffing.

↑supe

↓vap

I also clean my + battery contacts anymore, metal polish (about once a week) or 1500 grit if I've neglected them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread