My mother in law is wacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxanne

Aug 22, 2010
New Jersey
Two 8th grade girls took amtrak alone and had enough cash on them to buy the tickets and over $140 of e-cig supplies? The journalist doesn't even think to ask where their parents were and if they knew? I think parental supervision is the bigger concern from that story. Kids are going to sneak and try alchohol and cigarettes, regardless of what "laws" are in place. God knows i did. But 12 - 13 yr olds traveling 3 states away in the middle of the day? No school or babysitters? Either that journalist is lying about their age or their parents are being very neglectful.

Last edited:

Godzilla

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2010
Northern California
www.foxyboxmods.com
I was thinking of giving my mother in law the link to this forum, but I guess I cant now because I am talking smack. I still owe it to her for introducing me to vaping (She was never a smoker, just cares about my wife and I) Maybe I need to cut her a break. She's still wacked though.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
I'd suggest giving MIL a little slack.
Sorry, but you said she's never been a smoker. She's probably doesn't have the insight and the knowledge to know SMOKE KILLS, not nicotine, and how we've been so mislead by the "Let Me Help You" nutcases of the world, the ones who write this clap trap and belong to the ALA and ASH and WHO. Now we are gaining a little insight into that very theory.
She is also probably a member of a generation that thought their Government was looking out for their interests and the "good of all" while the FDA cleared the way for Big Pharma and Big Tobacco to wiggle into the Big Brother society's plan to rule the world with BS!! We've been shielded from so much truth for so long how can MIL possibly know about this stuff. Where's your brain!?? How in the world would any one person know which side to believe unless they become educated about all sides??
And she probably hasn't kept up much on current trends, you should be the one informing her from what you're learning, why should she be worrying about you....she maybe has good reason to!! Every generation in the history of the world thought their parents were idiots. Until they became parents of teen agers!
Do some research on technical data. It's all over the place. Then you can start educating MIL with some facts, not just expecting her to know everything about everything and glibbly wise cracking about her ignorance. That's an entirely wrong attitude. That's the impatience and impertinance of youth. Time to grow up and learn that Knowledge is Power, share it forward. Become the teacher. Maybe if MIL had a deeper sense you have a handle on things, she'll be able to relax knowing you're in capable hands ~ Yours!

Last edited:

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Maybe she learned that from her mother. Who was also trying to make do with little to give her kids more advantages!!
That's how that happens. One day you'll be doing to same thing; my daughter paid me a huge compliment a couple years ago, she has teenagers now...she said "I've become You. Thanks for what you tried to do. Makes perfect sense now!"
Like I said, In-Laws are good fodder for jokes, until you become one. Then those things don't seem so funny. Maybe I'm a little too sensitive now that I am one!

jons

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Hot Hot Hot South
I guess I was trying to be a litte funny. I respect her a lot. However, she washes her ziplock bags and re-uses them, over and over and over.

I too was just kidding but dude.... it may look crazy when she washes out ziplock bags..... but what if it was your wife... if it was my wife it would be crazy it would be a smart wife. Saving money isnt something that fools do....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread