Easter, mother-in-law, manners, ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzinthewindow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2015
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I came from a family where everybody smoked. Both of my parents, both sisters, both brothers-in -law, all the nieces and nephews, all the aunts and uncles. Everyone smoked in everyone's house. No wonder I started smoking at age 13.

My first wife's family, on the other hand, were 100% non-smokers. I was the only one in the entire extended family who smoked. I must admit, however, that they respected me, and although I never smoked in anyone's home, everyone was always kind, non-judgemental, and gave me a designated outdoor area to use.

My second wife's family is exactly the same. I am the lone smoker in the entire family. In this case, however, they are all thrilled with my recent switch to e-cigarettes, and have been very supportive--just not inside.

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    Well, I don't think I'm really saying anything that hasn't already been said, but here is my take on when permission needs to be asked and when it doesn't.

1- If I'm in someone else's home and they allow smoking in their home, I'm not going to ask permission to vape, I just assume I have it.

2- If I'm in their home and they don't allow smoking in their home, then I feel I need to ask permission the first time. After that, I'm not asking again. If they change their minds I will accept and respect that, but it is up to them to tell me so. I'll ignore anything I hear through the grapevine. Respect goes both ways, and part of respecting me is telling me yourself that you no longer want me vaping in your home.

NOVA jon

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2014
    Northern virginia
    Could have at least held out until the obligatory "why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel" post.

Sheesh! :rules:

Tapatyped

I have zero tolerance for the creation of drama by anyone! It was said mostly in a joking manor.............. mostly............

Completely Average

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 21, 2014
    Suburbs of Dallas
    I'll just say this.

In my house it's my rules. If you have a different opinion you're free to go back to your house to voice it.

In your house I'll follow your rules without question or contradiction. I'll accept nothing less than the same respect in my house.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread