My new Ego-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

stl1969

May 24, 2012
St. Louis
I previously posted how much I loved my new Ego-T. Well, now not so much! I was getting a burnt taste from all of my favorite liquids. So I ordered a set of cartomizers for it.

It still didn't seem to pack as much of a punch as my V2. I'm probably in the minority here. After reading the threads everyone seems to be in love with the Ego-T.

I notice that there isn't much talk about V2's on this board. Are there just not alot of users who have them? Is there something wrong with them?

Anyway, I think I'll just stick to the V2 at this point.

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
The eGo-T/C tank systems seems to be hit or miss. I personally did not have a problem while using the 'C' system, but switched to cartos/clearos to keep it going. They end up taking way more to maintain them then it should. Can't really give an opinion on the V2, as I have not tried them. But if they are working for you, that's all you need! But it wouldn't hurt to try something else, you may be surprised at what you are missing.

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
i feel like getting a ego t are there any good or bad points u can tell me?

The system as a whole is a good concept. When they work, they work pretty good..it is primarily the upkeep with the tank system is tedious and sometimes to no avail. A lot of people get leaking or dry hits constantly and end up switching to cartos.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Bought a friend an eGo C starter kit WITHOUT the tank system. Instead it came with clearomizers. After a 5 minute tutorial he was up and vaping. He is 4 weeks analog free without issue using the above kit.

i feel like getting a ego t are there any good or bad points u can tell me?

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
When buying a PV one thing to consider is the mah. 100 mah= 1 hr normal vaping before the batteries need recharge. eGos come in 650 and 1000/ 1100 mah. I bought him the 1100 mah. Here's a link to the kit I bought him:
eGo Vision Stardust & Extreme Vision Custom Kit 1100mAh
Problem is you have to find a supplier that will ship the PV safely into Singapore.
Understand although the eGo is 1100 mah the voltage drops off considerably while being used. Still a good PV but I suggest but the eGo separately without the tanks system and add either cartomizers or cartomizer+tank or clearomizers.

so a ego c is better?

minyddol

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2012
Jason Valentine- Aberystwyth
Hello
I had a few v2's before going over to the ego T's and the quality of them are great but a little expensive as long as you only use the carts with them.
As i moved over to the Transparent Clearomize's with my own juice they soon started to pack up.
so my advice which is very limited would be stick with v2 or a 808d if you only use carts or to persevere with the ego if you do your own juice because there a great unit.

Trollkin

Verified Member
Feb 28, 2012
Coeur d'Alene, ID USA
If your eGo isn't hitting as hard as your V2, even using cartos, I'd guess that you either have dual coil cartos, or have standard-resistance ones. Many (but not all) of the eGo-style batteries are regulated to push a consistent 3.4 volts, so you will get a pretty anemic vape on any carto or atty rated at more than 2 ohms. I would suggest trying Boge 2ohm cartos, or the Smoktech 1.7ohm "resurrector" carto - also, if in doubt, stick to single coil - your eGo will HATE dual coils.

As for your "burnt taste" issue with the tank - this problem is very, very common with tank/atomiser setups- when the atomiser gets dry, for whatever reason, it can make for nasty hits - and it may perform like that for a long time. I always keep some pure PG around for those occasions, and half-drown my atty with it. then I blow out the gunk, take some non-inhaling quick hits to vaporize most of what's left, and drip my "real" e-liquid onto the atty afterward. One more blowout, and it's pretty well flushed, and good to go. Well, it works for me, at least - there are many, many different methods to refurbish a ticked off atty, and just as many conflicting opinions.

Good luck -

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread