My new Provari - Believe the hype but......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Aces

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Connecticut
i have one gripe with the pro vari, especialy considering the price tag, the circa late 1970's 80's display with the cryptic codes for values.
i have an evic that i don't have to decipher codes to figure out what my coil ohms are, voltage setting etc..... i am sure you get used to it as you use it though.

even with this i am tempted to get one, but not quite yet.

Ill admid, i was slightly apprehensive about the menuing before i got mine, but it's not exactly like the display is in some impossible cipher.

PU - Power Up
PD - Power Down
Po - Power on/off
CB - Check Battery
AO - Atomizer Resistance
Lo - LED on/off

Anyone who uses it for more than 10 minutes usually finds it quite simple and convenient. It's not hieroglyphics. Prettied-up and useless bells and whistles don't equal quality or longevity. Take that to the bank.

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
i have one gripe with the pro vari, especialy considering the price tag, the circa late 1970's 80's display with the cryptic codes for values.
i have an evic that i don't have to decipher codes to figure out what my coil ohms are, voltage setting etc..... i am sure you get used to it as you use it though.

even with this i am tempted to get one, but not quite yet.

My next mod that I will hopefully have next week contains a nivel chip, exact same display as the Provari. Same one botton management too but with actually quite a few more menu options.

Also there isn't anything in the Provari menu that is 'cryptic'. If your ohm rating is at 1.8 it simply says 1.8.

unclestu

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2013
ALLENHURST, NJ, USA
As we live in an instaant gratificaation society I understand the need for instant real time phone support. Even live chat. However their email support does work effectively. I ordered a Zap and a metal drip tip. The ti[pmthey sent did not fit the zap. Cecilia responded and an new tip was sent in the mail the same day I contacted them. Oh the old one ws not required to be returned . As I never had a different dwvicwe other than the Provari I am obviously pleased though I am sure I would be more so if I had started out with a lesser device LOL
Best of luck with your new Provari
Stu

mmikee

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
st louis
I hope they never start shipping in fancy packaging. I do NOT want to pay for a box.
Just send me the devices I paid for, protected from damage and with a warranty. Yep, Provape does that.

I have heard of a few people complaining about HHV for not having nice packaging. For me, the same thing applies. Just send me my favorite NETs for 13 bucks/30ml. No coupons, no contests, no fancy box with sparkles in it. Just the goods.
Of course if fancy packaging is something someone is looking for, there are vendors that cater to that, and that is cool. But I am happy that my favorite vendors do not. Just MHO...........:p

revmax

Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Miami Beach, Florida
Believe the hype, folks.

One solid .... this device is.

And no PWM crap...its a smoother hitting vape, very consistent.

BEST OF ALL: it retains its value...those cheaper Chinese mods/mechs will be worth $10-20 next year, the Provari will hold 90% of its value a long time.

Is that really true? I sold my original provape for $60, that was the going price at the time for used gen 1, thats more like 60%

OTOH the only reason I sold it was because I wanted to get a provari

Tommy Aces

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Connecticut
Is that really true? I sold my original provape for $60, that was the going price at the time for used gen 1, thats more like 60%

OTOH the only reason I sold it was because I wanted to get a provari

I'm not really sure why you are comparing a ProVape 1 mech that you took $60 for with the ProVari....

Go look in the classifieds and see what they're going for. A lot of people are getting darn near full retail, just by throwing in a few IMR batteries.

Red Bird is dead on on this one.

Last edited:

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
Aw, man. I hate peanuts. Maybe I should cancel my order.

JK about the second part, but I really do hate peanuts. I wish they would just use bubble wrap.
I hate peanuts too!
I'm going to bite the bullet (no not a silver bullet) and buy my first provari mini tonight.
In the notes, I'll make sure to request popcorn instead of peanuts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread