My new PV case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahnzo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Colorado
Curly Maple....I've yet to install the electronics as I'm still in the process of applying the topcoat protectant, but it looks so good right now I had to take a pic. Looks good, but the cellphone pic just doesn't do it justice. Can't wait to get the holes drilled and parts installed after I apply two more coats.

Click for full size pics.....please ignore my bare feet. :)

Lid is a little tight, which is why it looks a bit off. Some light sanding will provide a perfect fit. Man, I hate waiting for finishes to dry.....

Bahnzo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Colorado
What the hell? We can't see the inside? Show us a pic. It looks beautiful. Is it going to be juice fed? You can call it the Maple syrup.

Well...there's nothing inside yet, like I said, I'm waiting for the topcoat(s) to dry before installing the electronics. The inside is finished as well, but it's nothing special and I didn't bother to put the care into buffing and polishing like I did the outside.

I have a local supplier that has various exotic woods...cocobolo, zebrawood, lacewood, etc. He has a slab of some amazing Honduran Rosewood that looks so good..until you see the price tag. So I started with the (relatively) cheap curly maple before I try something else. He also has some incredible burled Walnut that I would have to sell a vital organ to purchase, but man would it make an amazing PV.

Bigham1

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Camden, SC
Well...there's nothing inside yet, like I said, I'm waiting for the topcoat(s) to dry before installing the electronics. The inside is finished as well, but it's nothing special and I didn't bother to put the care into buffing and polishing like I did the outside.

I have a local supplier that has various exotic woods...cocobolo, zebrawood, lacewood, etc. He has a slab of some amazing Honduran Rosewood that looks so good..until you see the price tag. So I started with the (relatively) cheap curly maple before I try something else. He also has some incredible burled Walnut that I would have to sell a vital organ to purchase, but man would it make an amazing PV.

The burled Walnut would make a beautiful mod. Maybe you can get it as a laminate and put it over oak or something strong. That should save you some money.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
I know mistinthewoods does those thin covers...........

Really nice looking, Bahnzo -- though I thought you meant a carrying case for your supplies when I read the title!:laugh:

Edit: So should I be asking when the prototype will be done, when they go into production, and is there a waiting list daily like they do in the modder's forum?!?!?!?! :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Bahnzo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Colorado
I know mistinthewoods does those thin covers...........

Really nice looking, Bahnzo -- though I thought you meant a carrying case for your supplies when I read the title!:laugh:

Edit: So should I be asking when the prototype will be done, when they go into production, and is there a waiting list daily like they do in the modder's forum?!?!?!?! :lol::lol::lol:

I just couldn't use laminate, seems cheap for something so small like a PV.

I get you are joking, but I *might* sell a few here and there...it really depends on what the rules are. I really don't want to be enslaved to making 10 of these every day...making 2 or 3 a week at most would be more like it. Kinda depends on if I have to become a supplier for something so small (and the fee's that come along with it).

Oh....and it's done. I'll post some pics later. Turned out well I think, but being one of a kind means there's a couple things I've had done different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread