My One Year Anniversary! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC
I celebrated my one year this month! I still love my E-Cig (I have the Joye Ego) and not smelling like analog smoke anymore is still awesome to me, not to mention no longer ingesting a bunch of unwanted chemicals!

My first month when I started, I immediately loved it and never even craved an analog - it was an easy switch for me (but i wasn't a heavy smoker prior, that might have helped a bit, but i was still hooked on 'em bad in the evenings), but I was very cranky and just felt tired that first few weeks. I only smoked an analog here and there every few days just to try to wean down easier. But after that first month I began to feel better and haven't looked back since!

The only drawback, and i posted about this recently, was when i quit canker sores were occurring very frequently. I kept one at all times for almost the entire year. One would go away, and then another would form somewhere else. I was almost ready to quit the e-cig then I did some research and found SLS in toothpaste (sodium laurel sulfate) really aggravated the canker sore prone mouth so I bought some new toothpaste and the canker sore i had went away in about two days, and haven't had one since! WOO HOO! Its been i think a month now of pain free mouth! I can't believe that it worked this nicely. I thought it would surely help, but I had no idea it would make me canker sore free!

Something additionally to all the other positives I noticed about the E-Cig is that it is not as addictive as analogs. I guess no real surprise there since I am sure they put additives in cigarettes that made you crave them more, but I have noticed that when I am out at night (i am an evening smoker only, don't smoke until about 5pm) and i forget my E-Cig i don't even crave it at all. I kind of just forget about smoking when it isn't around me. I only smoke now as i enjoy it, but i dont feel like i NEED it, and am not a slave to it like analogs!

I can thank this forum for all of this success. I almost bought one of those cheapos i heard about on the radio that didn't even have nicotine in it at all, and low quality (but i am thankful for that ad, as that got me started on my research mission, which led me here) but when i started doing some research i found this site. I posted a thread asking some questions, and I bought my first e-cig with was a Joye 500 (i think that was the name, been so long now i forgot lol) but it had very weak battery life and I got tired of that. So I ended up with the Joye Ego and haven't looked back. It lasts a day or longer in between charges and I use the Joye carts with menthol 18 mgs, and I am a happy camper! :laugh: I can thank the member here - scrowell - for posting about how he filled his carts by dripping right into the top part without using a syringe. I have been happily refilling my carts syringe free for about nine months now! I am just simply a no muss no fuss kind of person and filling with the syringe just didn't work well for me. Hats off to those who do like it, it just wasn't for me.

Well, just wanted to share my success story! :2cool:

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC
Congrats! That's fantastic :) I'm so happy for you!

But please do tell what tooth paste helped you. I know many members who would be interested in the magic stuff!

I have been using Biotene. There are only a couple of brands at my drugstore that are completely SLS free. If you don't use BIotene, just check the ingredients. It has really been a miracle for me, I was ready to stop the E-Cig altogether as I couldn't stand the thought of a canker sore from now on! I even had a problem where I fell and cut the inside of my lip on my tooth, and that cut turned into a HUGE canker sore that lasted several weeks, and i was in so much pain i couldn't eat. I dind't realize it, but folks prone to these sores can have cuts in the mouth turn into them.

I am still not sure if it was the e-cig causing them, or the fact that i was no longer smoking that allowed them to erupt. I have heard the analog cig smoke is not the environment a canker sore will thrive in, so smokers tend to not get them even if prone to them. probalby the ONLY thing good an analog ever did for anybody. LOL But i have a hard time believing that if i never smoked, I would have gotten a canker sore ALL the time like i did when I started vaping. It just didn't sit well with me to think i was doing something that might have been causing them, especially since I put down the analogs for better health, so i am SOOOO glad the toothpaste switch worked. I honestly thought maybe it would help, but was estatic when it ended up getting rid of them. So far its been over a month now, and knock on wood, none yet. First time since vaping I haven't had one or several.

I also stopped using regular mouthwash just to be on the safe side. I bought a product that is mostly hydrogen peroxide with a mint flavor (i don't like straight hydrogen peroxide in water). That could also be contributing to a healthier mouth as canker sores also do not like oxygen and this provides oxygen in the mouth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread