One year anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Today is my one year anniversary! :thumbs: I decided to write a letter to my cigarettes:

Dear Analog,

I am writing to let you know that I don't want to see you anymore. I've found someone new.

I hope you can try to understand things from my point of view, I know that you were there for me when I needed you in the past, but I can't go on with our relationship the way it was. You hurt me! All those times that we were together and all the fun we had was always marred by the knowledge that you were poisoning me. I can't believe I was so stupid. I feel betrayed by you, 25 years later and I finally see the light.

Everyone told me to stay away from you, but I just had to have a taste. They say that a person can get over you if they stay away for a week, but I just don't think it's true because when we were apart for months at a time I couldn't stop thinking about you. The way you made me feel when I was stressed out about something or the way you helped me celebrate when times were good.

I thought we would be together forever! I knew that you were hurting me, but I just loved you so much that I was willing to forget all of that. I knew that you were slowly killing me but I really didn't mind, as long as we were in it together I knew I could handle any of the pain you caused. You were even there for me when I drove to the doctor for my biopsy. I knew that you were probably the reason why I had to have a biopsy in the first place, but it was still a comfort to have you by my side.

But things are different now. I've been with e-cig for a year today, and though there are times when I still think about you and wonder how you are, I know now that I won't ever be with you again the way I was before. We may meet some day and say "hello" but that's as far as it will go. You just don't make me happy like e-cig does.

I never realized that I could have my cake and eat it too. My new friend calms me when I'm stressed and celebrates my victories the way that you used to, but e-cig won't hurt me the way you tried to. In many ways e-cig is even better than you, better tasting, stronger, and more versatile too. E-cig always wants to do what I want to do instead of insisting on having it their own way all the time. E-cig gives me my space too, I can even leave the house without having e-cig with me all the time. I feel more independent now.

I know that you'll be fine. You'll find someone else, lot's of someones. But don't call me anymore because I'm not interested.

With love and regret,

Rosa

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
congrats.jpg

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
Congrats Rosa, one year is impressive. I hope I get there too. Cigarettes were my best friend too and I still sometimes miss them. I especially liked the part where they were with you on the way to the biopsy. Very clever.

Even more impressive is you still take the time after a year to help people on ECF. I have learned so much from you.

:vapor::vapor::vapor:Keep on vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread