My opinions on e-cigs for the hardcore ex-cigarette smoker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal
I quit analogs with the V2 also. After about a week getting tired of recharging and swapping cartos, I got an ego-c. Believe me, It's just as stealth as a mini-cig. You just have to get used to not holding it like a cigarette. One thing helped me. When I realized that the end of an e-cig isn't burning like an analog, it opened up a variety of ways to hold it. Then the sharpie sized ego became my stealth and the small 650mAh lasts for most of the day. My advice is to buy a couple ego-c twist batteries. Save the V2 for emergencies, nostalgia, or give them to a friend who wants to quit smoking. Good luck on your quest!

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Chris,
I kinda agree with you on the film HPD. I prefer the outlawjosewales, especially for my XBL gamertag, but back in the day it was jose (pronounced joesey) now it would likely be pronounced josé and that doesnt have the same ring. At any rate, Im not much into classic anything. I prefer everything modern and evolving, especially cars computers / tech and metal like as i lay dying, all that remains, A7X...

Thanks for the info too! I know that I will purchase another device, but going to make the decision when I am sure, not like when I bought the inferno & V2.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Xfoo,
The Ego is alot like my Inferno, in that it is round and kinds long right? That would still mean at least 2 devices for me i think because it would be hard to put in my pocket? I am hoping to have one device to carry everywhere and use at home and I just started looking at VMOD and REO mini 18490. I believe that the juice feed system (with it you are just filling a small bottle every day or two not 10 or more cartomizers once a week), battery life and small form factors appeal to me.

I am leaning towards a REO Mini 18490 because I believe that you could run a shorty cartomizer and it would be about the most pocketable of devices? I would still keep a couple of V2 batteries and cartos in the car in case something happened to the other device though. What are your thoughts on the REO and VMOD? Thank you!

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
What about the recipe for the DIY that is the closest to a cigarette you have ever had?
The most stealth thing you can get I think is ha gripper, with the button on top. Takes a bogue XL carto and only the drip tip sticks out of the top. They only cost 20 bucks, but you wouldn't want to vase all day.too short.

PLEASE REFER TO THE DIY FORUM FOR SAFETY PRECAUTIONS AND INFORMATION BEFORE YOU DO THIS THOUGH:

10 ml of 2.4% nicotine in 30% PG / 70% VG (purchased from wizard labs)
0.5ml distilled water (purchased from walmart) so it flows in my cartomizers and tube tank

I mixed it into an empty volcano "tobacco" juice container after i poured the nasty tasting contents out and washed it. Then I got to filling my tube tank and refilling my V2 red cartomizers - wait, more information on that in another thread I will create called MY OPINIONS ON E-CIGS FOR THE HARDCORE EX-CIGARETTE SMOKER.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Pockets! Hmmm...

If stealth and convenience are concerns I guess it depends on where you want to pocket your device. Since you have already had a decent run on fixed voltage devices you may want to move up to something lower priced in the vv stuff. An Ego Twist is a good VV option - but long and skinny and pants pocket suited. If you want to look at a vv box I like the VariCool by SmokTek. That conveniently fits into shirt pockets. The VariCool costs more than the "generic" vv boxes because it uses a high efficiency regulator. As a former 1.5 PAD smoker either of these choices is good. I'm getting about 12 hours per charge to a set of the 14500 batteries used in the VariCool.

With either of these choices it's up to you to decide what to stick on the 510 connector. Both are 510 threading so there aren't a lot of limits there as to what strikes your fancy. It may be time to move into vv devices in order to see how tweaking the voltage effects the flavor of your DIY (and other) liquids. Either of my suggestions will allow you to try it without breaking the bank.

:2c:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Rickajho - Thanks for the suggestions! What are your opinions about the bottom feed systems like the REO mini or VMOD? I see that there is also a REO Grand with VV. It sounds like I have other variables (no pun intended) to think about, like VV rather than just the convenience of the REO or VMOD?

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
That's good- you've narrowed down what you like and what you're looking for. Makes it much easier.

How much are you looking to spend? Obviously as little as possible :laugh: but what is your max?

After I vaped for awhile I knew what I was looking for as well so it was a no-brainer for me. I wanted smallish, no messing with filling and durable because I'm clumsy. For me, that was a bottom feeder. Your requirements are slightly different.

I have a feeling I know what will be recommended so I'll defer to the experts. :laugh:

Caridwen, thanks to your mention of the word "bottom feeder" you got me looking at those options. I realized that you are right and that is definitely what I needed. From the info i got on this site, it was clear there there was really no choice suited for me but the REO. Only real choice was which one to get. I am thrilled with my mini 2.0 and could not personally imagine a more fulfilling vaping experience or a more practice device. Goin on 24 hours with mine and I couldn't be more content. Thanks Caridwen!

Ps. The problem is that I can't stop admiring it. Never really admired anything I had previously...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread