My poorvari mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just like to share my cheapest variable voltage mod open for comments and suggestions from expert modders here in ecf.

Schematic

poorvarischem-3.jpg

guide

Note: The lm350T must be heat sinked to work properly.

poordrawing.jpg

front view finish pv

Photo0148.jpg

The pv cost me 500 Philippine peso, equivalent to about 12 dollars. Considering that it is variable, its really a bang for a buck! My target here is to make a pv cheaper or equal to the cost of my atty that's why I did not put digital display or use expensive switch with it.

Attachments

• poorvari schem-3.jpg
    poorvari schem-3.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 395
Last edited:
Thanks dordas23, I'm using it now and giving it some stress test. I'm quite satisfied with its performance so far and considering its cost, I'm very happy to be the first to have it here in my country where most variable pv can only be purchased abroad and too expensive. I set my lowest voltage to be 3.6 and my highest to be 6.4 by using res.1 and 2. Just enough for me to enjoy my lr and regular atty. A fellow vaper also tested this with his hv atty and it also works fine. We can drop down our lowest vaping voltage by lowering the value of your res. 2.

Last edited:
@ dalton

Looking forward for your own version of this sir and its an honor for me to see it posted here.

@ eyebrook
About iambalta's post, you see we have our local ecf in the Philippines which is PVF (Pinoy Vapers Forum ). I also posts my mods there and probably, he have tested my previous mod before.

@ iambalta

Hi bro., may I know who you are in PVF? I focused too much in PVF not considering to post any of my mods here in ecf till now. I also posted this poorvari mod in PVF but up to now, nobody seems to make their own of this that's why I decided to post it here. Maybe somebody here will be interested in doing this. Or at least make comment for its improvement.

My first variable voltage mod is a rendition of evercool, and its a hell of a pv my hats off to bigblue. I like it very much! But ptr is very expensive to have here in the Philippines and its harder to get it here as a sample. So I decided to make my own variable pv, the cheapest way i can.

Last edited:

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
I myself don't know electronics of this scale that well. I'm a computer geek by trade though, and am very good at "reverse-engineering" how things work. I just finished a box mod of this, and it works very nicely.

However I had the misfortune of the "Adj" leg of the regulator snapping off! However I learned something kinda cool tonight. The only other regulator I had is a 7805 5v reg, so I gave it a try, using the ground leg as the "Adj" leg, and IT worked! I don't really count on it working too long, as the 7805 is a bad one to use in the first place, but it should get me by till I can buy another adjustable reg. Nice to be vaping 6v again! 5v was good, but this is much nicer.

Good luck codyh! I believe that this is the cheapest variable pv mod around, and frying a regulator is not much of a hurt in the pocket. I've experience frying ptw regulator before and really felt bad about it. Though this is not comparable to the performance of ptw, its worth modding for beginner. This is the cheapest way to go in doing variable.

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
LOL I am not having much luck with this one. I finally got the proper regulator and resistors, wired it up, and the knob popped off the POT. I'll get a replacement for it soon. For now I have it wired straight according to your diagram, and it's putting out a nicely regulated 3.5v, which is making my bridgeless LR atties taste pretty good.

Sorry about that Dalton! But if you can make it function at 3.5, it is a good to go for lr atty. Actually, I'm using mine now with lr 510 and enjoying it @ 3.6. I just put an add on to it by making a side/button feeder. I don't know if anyone have modded this kind of feeding system before here in ecf. My feeder feeds the juice to the side of the juice catch for me to sip it to my atty through the 4 tiny holes of the connector.

2_155278305l.jpg

2_333231604l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread