Status
Not open for further replies.

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
Yah, I know it ain't fancy, but it works great and it only cost me a few bucks to make :)

Hi, made this for a lodge brother, by special request. I did not take pictures as I built it, though I thought you may find it interesting ...

It is based on Donptal's "Poorvari" and provides up to 3 amps at a range of about 1.2v to 6v or more. It uses 2-14500 batteries. It will support any 510 atty or carto, tested it with my G3 tank, YUMMY!!It also includes a 3A Goodprophets horn button, LM350T VV regulator, 1K multi-turn trim pot and an LED.

Here it is from the front:

Note the horn button, LED, master switch, and voltage adjustment screw on front.

Inside view .. note that most components potted with hot glue to prevent components from shifting around and shorting or breaking a wire. The VV reg was NOT potted, it needs to dissipate heat.:

Hot!! (notice LED on)

Let's try it out...

Well, there ya go! A compact vaping monster!! I would suggest you stay away from a LR carto with this monster, I burned out a 2.4 ohm carto in testing this mod. It has plenty of vrooooom to push a HV atty or carto (which, I believe, is 3.2 ohms or more).

I will do another as a "hot to" thread when I have the time.

Alan

Shadow102

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
Eastern Panhandle, WV
Best part about The ModFather, he builds everything for "just a couple of bucks." Seriously I imagine the half of the room we can't see from the camera is just racks and racks of electronic bits a pieces, and its not like they're in organized drawers, there's old peanut butter jars and pickle tubs labeled LEDs, Resistors, Caps, Pots.... Whenever there's a commercial break he just wanders over to the "workstation" and whips up a new mod.

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
Best part about The ModFather, he builds everything for "just a couple of bucks." Seriously I imagine the half of the room we can't see from the camera is just racks and racks of electronic bits a pieces, and its not like they're in organized drawers, there's old peanut butter jars and pickle tubs labeled LEDs, Resistors, Caps, Pots.... Whenever there's a commercial break he just wanders over to the "workstation" and whips up a new mod.

I organize everything in parts drawers, but once I get working, my whole workbench gets covered with parts, which never get put away LOL .. I need to clean the shop about once a week or I can't find anything.

It's not commercial breaks .. I have an hour just about every evening, my wife loves to watch Nancy Grace and I can't stand her show!! "Honey, I'm gonna work in my shop for a while." HHAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread