my rant in regards to boges official statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I haven't used a Boge Carto in some time now or a filler carto at all, and still have a ton of the originals in stock of the 2.8-3ohm. However, I wonder if its not one of two things that has happened, either they got new machinery that is specked out slightly different in how there making them so the final product is slightly different, or if they subbed out the work to another plant who either has different machinery or just isnt doing as good of a job. Something obviously has changed here in the original Boge Carto's.

Razloz

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2012
Virginia Beach
Ever since I first got some boge cartos I've loved them but my last order had the two short caps which I thought was kinda odd. It was around the same time I started making my own juice and noticed that it wasn't wicking properly or absorbing the juice very fast and seemed like it took forever to fill the things up.

At first I thought this was just an issue with my VG/PG ratio since I like high VG in my mixes, but tried it out with some 50/50 mixes and same issue. This leads me to believe they changed the outer polyfill, either the materials used or the tightness of the roll. I also did some tests with my multimeter and all the supposed 2.0 ohms were coming in at around 2.8-3 ohms. Quality control issues?

After some toying around I found out that I have to use my needle top caps to fill (can't use condom method) and gotta get it super super wet. I basically flood the things then do some dry hits, fling em a bit to get all the juice to the bottom, flood again, and repeat until I'm 100% certain they're filled to the capacity. I'm also finding that I have to top them off quite often, which just further leads me to believe it's a problem with the materials used to transfer the juice to the coil.

Actually stumbled onto this thread searching for why I'm getting a "gurgling" sound after about a week's use. It's probably just because I'm flooding it to make sure it's wicking. But I was curious if anyone else had these same issues. I'm still getting about 2-3 weeks use out of each carto (I do rotate them though). Unfortunately I don't have any tank systems to test with but I'm willing to bet it's a problem with how the polyfill is absorbing the liquid and transferring it to the wick.

TrueNorthist

I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cariboo Country, BC
Don't be fooled by Boge (Shenzhen) switching back to the old style condoms. They are still flawed internally. Better than 50% of the SRs I buy now drop in resistance from ~2.8-3Ω to 2Ω or less within minutes, and the rest go flat within a few hours. Such a change in resistance means they are using sub-standard wire and the flat flavour means they even switched the filler, just to save a few fractions of a penny per unit. Shenzhen's excuse of simply changing packaging is not the truth. They are trying to fob us off by putting the old condoms on the crap they are selling now. One can only hope they see the light and go back to the original or lose all their customers. Greedy beggars.

Puffythegun

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2012
Georgia
1298515604451s.jpg
Do you really the commies care?
NOT!

priestizzle

Verified Member
Jun 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY USA
Don't be fooled by Boge (Shenzhen) switching back to the old style condoms. They are still flawed internally. Better than 50% of the SRs I buy now drop in resistance from ~2.8-3Ω to 2Ω or less within minutes, and the rest go flat within a few hours. Such a change in resistance means they are using sub-standard wire and the flat flavour means they even switched the filler, just to save a few fractions of a penny per unit. Shenzhen's excuse of simply changing packaging is not the truth. They are trying to fob us off by putting the old condoms on the crap they are selling now. One can only hope they see the light and go back to the original or lose all their customers. Greedy beggars.

I agree completely that it's substandard wire used to make the coils. I also think the poly fill is being wound too tightly internally because I've noticed the juice soaks in a LOT slower than the old ones. It's a shame too, I had just got into using my j-tank and was getting a week out of each carto and now I'm lucky if the carto i load into my tank is good from the start. Out of two boxes, I had 4 that were any good, and 2 of those only lasted 2-3 days a piece.

I say we should all speak with our wallets. I hate to put stress on the vendors since it's not their fault, but if we stop buying them, and complain to vendors, then the vendors will lose money forcing them to complain directly to boge who will end up losing money with this whole "pulling a fast one. They will either be forced to go back to how they were manufacturing them before or risk a huge profit loss. This can also bring competitors to the market, maybe even a USA based manufacturer who will come to the forefront and create a quality product.

Either way, my vivi nova 2.5 comes in tomorrow and my j-tank will be lonely for a while until this situation is sorted out. I will also be looking into an HH357 as I hear great things (first dripping atty I tried, no clue who makes it, was quite a dissapointment). I just hope my beloved Boba's Bounty wicks as well as some have claimed it does in a vivi nova. By far my favorite juice and I couldn't stand to be without it.

PS - Speaking with our wallets, I really do feel that tank manufacturers like the good folks at Phiniac will be losing sales because of this fiasco. Someone in the USA show those commies how to make a carto! For the tank makers' sake!

Last edited:

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
I believe Boge told P. Busardo that nothing is wrong but they understand users want a short and log condom so we can use the "condom fill" method so that was the only change they planned to make, i.e. going back to short and long.

I wonder if Boge does Q.A. on their INCOMING materials?

Their vendors could have changed THEIR stuff and be lying to Boge.

What really scares me is a post I found a couple of weeks ago from a U.S. vendor saying there used to be this cycle where one brand would be awful, everyone would stop buying it, then a DIFFERENT brand would be awful, and each brand would take turns being awful 3 1/2 months since the last time that same brand was awful. So no one brand "wins" but nobody ever finds out what is wrong.

I just got notice my shipment of 510 Kangers has arrived at the post office, and since I love the 808 Kanger Horizontal Coil I assumed I'd like the 510's. But if the current ones have the same filler vendor as Boge, or the same wire vendor, it looks like I will regret about $50 of merchandise ordered from China.

I'd also be curious as to how many people in P.V. factories vape vs. smoke:blink:

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
I just got notice my shipment of 510 Kangers has arrived at the post office, and since I love the 808 Kanger Horizontal Coil I assumed I'd like the 510's. But if the current ones have the same filler vendor as Boge, or the same wire vendor, it looks like I will regret about $50 of merchandise ordered from China.:

Update: Got the Kangers, my roommate vaped one and I tried it (though I'm not good at judging her flavors)

Tastes GREAT. A couple of minor (to me) issues.

1. I ordered 2.8-3.1 ohms, got 2.6 ohms on the first 2 we measured. If other boxes come out different I'll let people know. Since we really like 2.6 we'll be happy, but I had sort-of wanted to try out the 3-ohm ones at higher voltage. The main goal was to get 510 cartos that taste good.

2. They appear to be a bit loosely-packed in the filler area, so they don't hold much juice, at least at first. However, for punching and putting in tanks, which is our plan, that is just fine.

I got them from Health Cabin, it was $36 for a 7 five-paks, plus about $15 shipping (I think. The shipping was $21 but there was other stuff in the shipment.)

Kanger 510 horizontal coil 2.8 - 3.1 (ha!) ohms.

My previous order had been Kanger 808 horizontal coil in 2.6 ohms and I got EXACTLY what I ordered, and also great
flavor.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I feel the same way Mostapha, I love my vivi's but I just love my glass tanks and cartos. I end up using my carto killer juices in my Vivi novas, those that are real dark and thick and have a strong taste. THey work better and save my cartos.

With my reg less "toxic" tobacco juices I love in my carto tanks. I use single coil 2.0 boge mainly and some smoke tech single coil 1.7 sometimes. The smoke tech are great but being 1.7 run a bit hotter and having them wet at all times is really important or they will pop and burn. The smoke tech are more absorbant and fill faster but if you leave a tank with a smoke tech carto over night I have to remember to do a dry pull to wet the top.

I tried out the Ikenvape 510 platinum with punched holes but these are tightly packed and take forever to fill, nice taste,performance etc. But a strong draw, I only got one, so maybe it was just that one or the juice , I did save it, cleaned it and tried it with another thinner juice, same thing. I did clean and save it just in case.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
If you believe in the market, then this is the PERFECT opportunity for a maker to step into the vaccuum and produce a carto that works.

at the very least, it allows consumers to start looking around for OTHER products that are not boge. :)

I feel this company has let people down, with no offers to make good.

That means: I'm done with them. I only bought 2 boxes, and in first box 2 were bad. I don't care if it's $3 or $10.........I buy a lightbulb in the store and it doesn't turn on, i get my hard earned money back. I buy spoiled food, it goes back for a refund.

I'm not in the business of paying for bad stuff so somebody can get rich while i replace things over and over again.

If you have a entreprenuerial friend, or somebody who wants to manufacture, now is the time. Once you disappoint customers, they move on.

After all a carto isn't a spaceship. It's just a metal tube with some batting and an atty inside with some batt threads on one end. How hard can it be to produce one that works??????????

Last edited:

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
If you believe in the market, then this is the PERFECT opportunity for a maker to step into the vaccuum and produce a carto that works.

at the very least, it allows consumers to start looking around for OTHER products that are not boge. :)

I feel this company has let people down, with no offers to make good.

That means: I'm done with them. I only bought 2 boxes, and in first box 2 were bad. I don't care if it's $3 or $10.........I buy a lightbulb in the store and it doesn't turn on, i get my hard earned money back. I buy spoiled food, it goes back for a refund.

I'm not in the business of paying for bad stuff so somebody can get rich while i replace things over and over again.

If you have a entreprenuerial friend, or somebody who wants to manufacture, now is the time. Once you disappoint customers, they move on.

After all a carto isn't a spaceship. It's just a metal tube with some batting and an atty inside with some batt threads on one end. How hard can it be to produce one that works??????????
I wonder what the patent issues are?

Zaratoughda

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
NE Pennsylvania
Just stumbled on this thread and... really amazing!

I've been using Boge cartos for maybe 18 months now, but I use the Boge 306 cartos (both 2.0 and 2.8 ohm).

And, I have never gotten any that didn't have TWO LONG CONDOS (just measured them and the condos are 0.8 inches long).

So, really interesting to hear about the one short and one long condos, and then the two short condos and the like, as well as the quality of the boges really falling off. Maybe the changes boge made haven't hit their 306 cartos yet, or maybe the stock on them moves slower and the changes haven't hit the buyers yet.

I have however, had some problems with the 306 cartos that I have received over the last 6 months or so.

With one vendor, I ordered some LR (2.0 ohm) and some SR (2.8 ohm) and got them and the boxes were labeled correctly but the SRs all metered in at LR. Talked to them about this and they couldn't figure out what happenned so I waited 3 months and tried again and... SAME THING. Were the last boge cartos I ordered from this vendor but, seeing this thread, maybe it was boge.

Then, the other vendor I ordered these from, I got some that had GREEN COILS. Checked their site closely and they were NOT saying they were selling boges, though the boxes looked the same and they told me in an email that they were boges but, last boges I ordered from this vendor as well.

Ultimately ordered some (the 2.8 ohm 306es) from Kalamazoo Vapor and they came in all fine. Rocky Mountain Vapor also now carries these as well.

In any case, have any of you 510 users tried the BUD (horizontal coil) cartos? They are available from PureSmoker and I would imagine you should be able to get them otherwise and, the reviews I saw said they liked them better than the boges... and this is better than the GOOD boges. I have one sitting here but have not tried it as I have always preferred the 306 size.

Then of course there is Ikenvape. From what I saw on their site they are essentially boges made by Isaac's manufacture. I tried to convince Isaac to do some 306 sized stuff but he wouln't go for it but his stuff has generally been well received. Of course, the only problem there is a new shipment comes in and, it is gone in a couple of days so you gotta move fast.

Anyways, for me I just picked up some Vision clearmizers, the V2s (V3s?) with the replacable atomizers and for me it is like, 'bye bye boges and cartos in general'. But, I still planned to use boges on my Joye 306 but, if the quality of those has or does fall off like it apparently has for their 510s, then that may not be possible.

Guess I will just have to see.

Any comments??

Thanks,

Z

mjt

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Arizona
I just got some more 510 LR Boges. The long and short condoms are back, but they leak like crazy, taste like complete crap, have horrible air flow and produce very little vapor. I'm really getting sick of vaping. These were the one cartomizer I relied on and now my entire vaping experience is in the toilet. As far as I know, there aren't any comparable alternatives and I'm not enjoying my venture into Stardust/ Viva Nova tank land.

Don't buy Boge cartomizers, they have ruined them.

Last edited:

Done Deal DR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
It really sucks for me because I got into vaping when the boge crap hit the fan. I'm getting inconsistent performance from carto to carto with no changes on my end. Some have very muted and burnt taste while others have been really good. As good as before all this crap? Unfortunately I don't know. I wish I had that baseline to know exactly what they should taste and perform like.

Last edited:

SABOTEUR

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Baltimore MD USA
...Unfortunately I don't have any tank systems to test with but I'm willing to bet it's a problem with how the polyfill is absorbing the liquid and transferring it to the wick.

I use a tank (The Liquinator)...today I arrived at the same conclusion...it has something to do with the polyfill. I've experience problems with my recent purchase. I had originally attributed the problem to punching holes improperly since I just started punching my own. But if I punch each carto the same way, I should be getting the same results from each carto, which isn't the case. So when I switched cartos today I paid special attention to what occurred.

As a test I took a couple dry draws on the Boge prior to screwing it onto the pv. The draw was tight. Little air flowed through the carto. Sure enough, when I filled the tank a bit, I had to draw hard to vape. It was akin to vaping a cig style...not standard performance when using a Provari.

Tossed that Boge...inserted a new one which demonstrated a draw I'm familiar with...no air flow restrictions... and no problems. Vapes like a dream.

I should mention that I use no special preparation when using a (self) punched carto. I don't prefill or top it off. I just insert it into the tank, take 2 or 3 dry draws and vape. I've had no problems prior to my latest purchase. I've gotta find another brand 'cause 1 or 2 good Boge cartos out of every 3 used is a horrible ratio.

mjt

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Arizona
I use a tank (The Liquinator)...today I arrived at the same conclusion...it has something to do with the polyfill. I've experience problems with my recent purchase. I had originally attributed the problem to punching holes improperly since I just started punching my own. But if I punch each carto the same way, I should be getting the same results from each carto, which isn't the case. So when I switched cartos today I paid special attention to what occurred.

As a test I took a couple dry draws on the Boge prior to screwing it onto the pv. The draw was tight. Little air flowed through the carto. Sure enough, when I filled the tank a bit, I had to draw hard to vape. It was akin to vaping a cig style...not standard performance when using a Provari.

Tossed that Boge...inserted a new one which demonstrated a draw I'm familiar with...no air flow restrictions... and no problems. Vapes like a dream.

I should mention that I use no special preparation when using a (self) punched carto. I don't prefill or top it off. I just insert it into the tank, take 2 or 3 dry draws and vape. I've had no problems prior to my latest purchase. I've gotta find another brand 'cause 1 or 2 good Boge cartos out of every 3 used is a horrible ratio.

I bought three packages. I dump them all into my carto box, so they are picked randomly. The first 4 or 5 have been bad.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
Just stumbled on this thread and... really amazing!

I've been using Boge cartos for maybe 18 months now, but I use the Boge 306 cartos (both 2.0 and 2.8 ohm).

I have however, had some problems with the 306 cartos that I have received over the last 6 months or so.

With one vendor, I ordered some LR (2.0 ohm) and some SR (2.8 ohm) and got them and the boxes were labeled correctly but the SRs all metered in at LR. Talked to them about this and they couldn't figure out what happenned so I waited 3 months and tried again and... SAME THING. Were the last boge cartos I ordered from this vendor but, seeing this thread, maybe it was boge.

Any comments??

Z

I cannot speak to the 306's but I just got some 510 Horizontal coil Kangers from China. I ordered 3.2-ohms, but what I got was 2.6

Fortunately, I am very fond of 2.6's, but I had ordered the 3.2's because I wanted to try on higher voltage. Other than the mislabeling, the cartos are great. I like the ViVi Nova better, but tank cartos are better for out-of-the house for me, as long as I have the screw-plug type tank from Valley View Vapes, so I can refill without taking anything apart. I've been using the Kanger 808's (correctly labeled a couple of months ago!) quite happily, and the new 510's appear to taste the same so far.

I think we're seeing some serious growing pains in the factories. It's a bummer, but it is also a symptom that our numbers are growing, which will help prevent bans I hope. I just have to hope no other companies share Boge's same filler supplier -- it could be Boge does not KNOW that something changed if their supplier made the change.

Kenho21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
The Mitten
I've been buying boges for a month or so now and have had no problems except for the 3 or 4 bad ones out of probably 50 that I've used which is expected I would guess. Just got some in the other day and they have all been fine as well. Maybe it's just certain suppliers. I've been using vapors-choice and vaporbeast and have had no real problems.

weinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2012
ohio :-(
Bogegate got me I believe. New batch, both condoms are the same size and one out of the three I have tried works well. The other two suck.. Pretty upset. What are some good carts that work with tanks because Im not wasting any more money and juice on these horrible things. I just got turned on to cartos a couple weeks ago when I was on vacation and picked up some at a brick and morter shop for easy use while being out and a bout during vacation and those ones worked flawlessly. These new ones taste burnt and don't produce vapor, well kinda but not what I would expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread