My refilling trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

aubergine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
MD
Taryn spin makes it all work. I love Taryn.

But I was just sitting here staying up too late for a work night, and happily spinning away, and the carto flew out of my beloved lanyard and went 'clack' and disappeared under furniture somewhere. Well poop, that never happened before.

I went spelunking on my hands and knees with a flashlight, even, which reminded me of those times when you crawled through 20 hells at midnight looking for a cig .... with maybe three hits left on it that must be behind something somewhere... was that a million years ago or what?

Fortunately, I have so much stocked up that I'll let it be. And if the Great Dark Ban ever falls, I'll know there's one left somewhere...

HappyCamper

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Wyoming
I didn't have anything, looked around the whole house... then, duh... have a few of these from another supplier, FREE.
Has the screw top so nothing can go flying out. Just need to add some string.
Sorry if someone already posted this, lots of pages to read and I may have missed a post or two.:)

oops, edited to add...
these are the free flashlights he gives out.

Attachments

• pics4 108.jpg
    pics4 108.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

GiMante

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
So Cal
www.VaperSociety.com
Hope this question doesn't sound too stupid,
I am extremely new to vaping and after not so great results from prefilled carts, I'm going to start filling my own. So, I've actually gone through the whole thread and was wondering when you go to spin, do you have to put the o'ring and mouthpiece cap back on with the condom, or only the condom?

K24A3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2010
Aus
The battery bags supplied by V4L work great if you cut a hole in the side of it. The carto is a pain to remove from the bag from the original opening.

spinz.jpg

@GiMante, you only need to put the rubber sleeve on the Battery end of the Carto. Use a sleeve that has an indent that protrudes into the small hole if possible so the excess juice doesn't end up in the sleeve. You can leave the other end open since the juice will only be forced towards the battery end. Remember to clean the Battery end with a tissue so the juice doesn't foul up the Battery itself and the threads.

Last edited:

Kurokaze

May 13, 2010
Earth
After reading about the Taryn Spin method of refilling, I started looking around the house for a suitable DIY. I found in a junk drawer a several Dollar Store 2xAA flashlights that died at varies points in time. I decided to take it apart for the battery body but ended up using bulb holder and reflector.

I would post a picture but I don't have the post count yet.

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
I believe at the beginning of the thread 30 drops was mentioned....I don't know about that. The condom and spin technique works well, about 10-11 on the condom and another 4-5 after the spin. However, it's been my experience that your gonna be sucking some juice on your initial draw off the carto. To avoid this I take an additional carto, pop off the cap, place the battery end on top of it and lightly blow the excess into the carto below.

It may have been mentioned, but I am not going to read 453 threads to see, that you should put a cap on the battery end before spinning or you will just spin liquid out the bottom.

Even after lightly blowing the excess out, the atty might still be a little flooded. To fix this I put it on my passthrough and give it a couple of puffs. The extra heat does a good job waking up the atty and it's ready to go mobile on a 3.7 battery without me sucking juice.

Lately I skip the mess of the condom/spin method and just pop the cap. Hold the carto at an angle and drip 6-8 drops while turning the carto, lightly blow on it over an additional carto, then top it off with another 6-8 drops, prime it with the passthough, and it's good to go.

So what about the last carto? What do you blow that into? Well, since your asking I take the juice bottle and squeeze a little air out it, put the tip into the battery hole and let go. This causes a that vacuum sucks the additional juice right back into the bottle.

Last edited:

RollTheBones

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Wisconsin
Whoa, so this is why it's called the Taryn spin. :laugh:

I love it!

Has anyone ever had issues with the juice not going into the cart and just squeezing out the side??

After using this quite a few times with no issues I noticed that no juice was going into the carto, it was just getting wasted on the outside of it and not noticeable until you pull it out of the plug. :blink: I am wondering if the plugs are just worn out and too loose or something...

Oh, and before I forget:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...und-great-way-do-taryn-spin-rubber-glove.html

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
Squeezing out the side? Squeezing the juice through fairly dense metal? How many thousands of tons of force are you putting on that thing? I imagine your filler must be smaller than a pin-head and dense enough to risk opening a quantum singularity at that point!

<--- Wants to play with that accelerator!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread