My RTS shopping cart for first time DIY setup. Suggestions or comments appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Thank you for your kind compliment sir. I am no noob to chemistry. I just want to make sure the pre synthesized flavorings i am using are good. Also looking for chems i was previously unaware of!

AP and EM are on the list so are hangsen flavors!

Might I also suggest reading my blogs and hoosiers blogs which will give you some more insight into vaping do's and don'ts in the even you run into flavoring problems.

My blogs

E-Cigarette Forum - dannyv45 - Blogs

Hoosier's Blogs

E-Cigarette Forum - Hoosier - Blogs

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
TOTALLY concur.
Anyone reading this thread because of the title, new or thinking about DIY: The EJuiceMeUp calculator is REALLY well designed.
In addition to making it easy to make something simple, and getting the "math" of a recipe right, it can also handle fairly tricky stuff for you, where it's easy to make a mistake.
I'm talking about "fiddling" with the numbers - what happens to my nic level if I add 0.5% of another flavor? How can I increase the VG level of my juice for more vapor without diluting the flavor? What do I do if I have some 100 mg PG nic and some 48 mg VG nic and I want to make 12 mg juice? LOL - it's a great little calculator.

TIP: It works just LIKE IT SHOULD - when you have a recipe you like, you can SAVE - add notes, give it a name - put it in a folder. You can have a folder for Tobacco Recipes, and one for Fruit Recipes, and one for "Fails". To go back, you just use "file...open..." and navigate the folders to the recipe you want.

Just pointing this out, as twice I've seen people who used the calculator but didn't realize they could save their work that way!

I also wanted to share this.
eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator
They have a great juice calc on here that actually gets installed on your PC. It allows you to keep notes/records on your recipes as you go! The calc seems to be very accurate too allowing for even the slightest tweaks!

electrogeek13

Verified Member
Sep 27, 2013
Pennsylvania USA
Might I also suggest reading my blogs and hoosiers blogs which will give you some more insight into vaping do's and don'ts in the even you run into flavoring problems.

My blogs

E-Cigarette Forum - dannyv45 - Blogs

Hoosier's Blogs

E-Cigarette Forum - Hoosier - Blogs

Thanks again you're than man danny!

I am willing to bet that i will run into many flavoring problems before this journey is over. Thankfully unlike other things we are not doing reactions and actually synthesizing things, therefore the juice may taste bad but the ol'trailer don't explode! hehe :2cool:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Thanks again you're than man danny!

I am willing to bet that i will run into many flavoring problems before this journey is over. Thankfully unlike other things we are not doing reactions and actually synthesizing things, therefore the juice may taste bad but the ol'trailer don't explode! hehe :2cool:

As everyone that's ever read this forum has run into flavor problems including myself. It's a strong bet that you will as well. The blogs will help you through this.

Moogle

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Portland, OR
Bottles:

Amazon.com: Cobalt Blue Dropper Bottles 1/2 Oz - 12 Per Package: Beauty

wholesalevials.com

You can never have too many bottles. I have been DIY'ing for about 6 months and recently tried some TFA pomegranate and menthol that had been sitting for over 2 months and was blown away by how good it was. It seems that TFA might need some extensive steeping (especially tobacco) so having a small army of bottles is a must. Just ordered some Hangsen's pre-mixed to see what everyone's raving about but based on interest I would consider some Hangsen's since you look like your dropping quite a bit of coin.

electrogeek13

Verified Member
Sep 27, 2013
Pennsylvania USA
I would reconsider buying all those TFA flavors from them... those are kinda pricey! I would go to Wizardlabs for all TFA samplers only 1.50 for 8 ml. Also no syringes or empty bottles.

Thanks for the tip i will most def be checking that out. I was going rts cuz i still have the advantage of the 20 percent firstorder coupon. but since that only applies to nic/pg/vg you are probably most correct.

electrogeek13

Verified Member
Sep 27, 2013
Pennsylvania USA
Thanks i thought i previously said this, but this thread is full of miss able tidbits. I have previously gathered all the lab equipment i will need incl bottles, hotplates, magnetic spinners ect. I will be heat steeping the juice as i mix it with this equipment. Hopefully i will have vapeable juice very quickly this way. maybe not though so i still have a "steeping station" at the ready!

I will be mixing the juice in contaminant free Erlenmeyer flasks and transferring to bottles for storage. I have on hand 1ml syringes,3ml syringes,10ml syringes. I currently have 50 10ml dropper bottles and some 5's and 30's in the mail. also a mini fridge to store base liquids in.

hummm. i re-read this post and it sounded a bit rude to me. These were not my intentions please forgive if anyone took offense

Last edited:

electrogeek13

Verified Member
Sep 27, 2013
Pennsylvania USA
Well i have officially started the ordering process. I sent my friend to the bank to transfer some of my funds and when everything clears i will order all my chems!

I started small today with a few dollars left in my paypal and ordered a stir bar. I have been currently using my prototype homemade bar for testing. If i have time i will take a vid of my stirrer after i put the final touches on it.

PTFE Magnetic Stir Bar with Pivot Ring 10mm x 4mm 3 8" x 1 4" Mixer Stirrer | eBay

Nice tiny bar for small batches. I ordered a fan controller and modded it onto the stir box but i made a mistake when ordering and the controller only goes from 5v to 12v not zero to 12 OOPS! I will just wire it into the controller in my pc that controls my case/CPU fans for now which goes to 0v.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
..........So here is my list let me know what you think. .....

Your lists look very good to me, but I do have a couple of suggestions. First, take a look at essentialdepot for the pg and vg, keeping in mind that 1 quart = 946 ml. I'll add that I've used both the pg and vg from rts and they are excellent.

Second, I'd split the tobacco flavors up a little more. By all means keep the tfa dry4, but sub a couple of the hangsen flavors in there for some of the others. Just use your 'best guess' to figure out which one's lol. But it's worth doing because you'll get a feel for the different product lines.

Speaking of which, I just recently tried some of the super concentrated (alcohol based) from vaping zone. If your wallet can stand it, I'd highly recommend trying a couple of their tobacco flavors.

The only other thing I noticed was the Chocolate Hazelnut. I'd split that to chocolate and hazelnut in case you wanted one without the other. The tfa roasted almond and walnut are excellent nut flavors to add to tobaccos as well.

Hope this helps a little but again, your lists look very good to me as is. :vapor:

Edit: Oops. Looks like I'm a little late to the party. I didn't see post 34. Anyways, best of luck to you and happy vaping. Be sure and post us some of your reviews, I'm looking forward to it. :vapor:

Last edited:

electrogeek13

Verified Member
Sep 27, 2013
Pennsylvania USA
Your lists look very good to me, but I do have a couple of suggestions. First, take a look at essentialdepot for the pg and vg, keeping in mind that 1 quart = 946 ml. I'll add that I've used both the pg and vg from rts and they are excellent.

Second, I'd split the tobacco flavors up a little more. By all means keep the tfa dry4, but sub a couple of the hangsen flavors in there for some of the others. Just use your 'best guess' to figure out which one's lol. But it's worth doing because you'll get a feel for the different product lines.

Speaking of which, I just recently tried some of the super concentrated (alcohol based) from vaping zone. If your wallet can stand it, I'd highly recommend trying a couple of their tobacco flavors.

The only other thing I noticed was the Chocolate Hazelnut. I'd split that to chocolate and hazelnut in case you wanted one without the other. The tfa roasted almond and walnut are excellent nut flavors to add to tobaccos as well.

Hope this helps a little but again, your lists look very good to me as is. :vapor:

Edit: Oops. Looks like I'm a little late to the party. I didn't see post 34. Anyways, best of luck to you and happy vaping. Be sure and post us some of your reviews, I'm looking forward to it. :vapor:

Yes i am aware that a quart is roughly a liter, but i was still able to take advantage of RTS first order 20% off and free shipping. I wanted to start with base liquids that i knew were of the proper quality to give me a base line for judging anything i may out source somewhere else. Do you think this is good logic or do you think as long as everything claims USP it will be good?

Yeah i am actually doing the whole chocolate hazelnut separation thing, wizard was out of a lot of things when i configured the order so i kinda configured it to what was available to me at the time. My funds have cleared and i will see what's available for purchase today! :D

electrogeek13

Verified Member
Sep 27, 2013
Pennsylvania USA
This is the order i placed with wizard labs today!
Acetyl Pyrazine 5% PG Flavor Concentrate (TFA)
Ethyl Maltol 10% PG Solution (TFA)
Caramel Original TFA Flavor
French Vanilla Flavor Concentrate
Green Apple Flavor (TFA)
Hazelnut Flavor Concentrate (TFA)
Koolada 10% PG Flavor (TFA)
Maple Flavor Concentrate (TFA)
Milk Chocolate Flavor (TFA)
Molasses Flavor (TFA)
Peanut Butter Flavor Concentrate (LA)
Strawberry Flavor Concentrate (TFA)
Watermelon Flavor Concentrate (TFA)
Sub-Total: $19.37

They however did not have menthol crystals or sweetener. Maybe someone here on the forum would be so kind as to sell me some menthol crystals? I will have to go check the classifieds, i don't want to have to pay a bunch of shipping charges for an order of a single batch of crystals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread