My starting expenditures vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

newq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Eldersburg Maryland USA
My wife and I went binge spending for the weekend and when it was over I had a choice, buy smokes for the week or try yet another worthless Ecig product that never failed to disappoint me in the past. I pondered the idea for many hours. I knew we could not afford both so I had to make a clear choice.

I researched the ecigs that I had previously purchased in the mall and found that they were in fact the cheap piece of crap that ripped most of us off. I came across volcano Ecigs and grabbed up a lava tube and tanktube and sprung for the ECig, found madvapes and ordered a smoktech and some cartos and thought I would never reflect poorly on this decision ( I had some ejuice left over from the POS I bought at the mall) I got my kit in and after the first day realized that this one battery would not be enough to get me through a day of vaping. I ordered 2 more batts and continued. Day 3 hit and my batttery would no longer hold a charge. Checking the status of my batteries they were set to arrive that day and then BOOM. My order misdirrected AWAY from my home out toward the eastern shore.

I was flipping out knowing how bad the craving were trying to charge in between vapes while my batteries were in transit. Day 4 still no batts. They are not moving on USPS tracking. I am going crazy all day trying to suck vape from a lifeless unit who keeps flashing its low volt indicator at me. After several unfulfilling calls to the USPS I started rumaging locally for a supplier. Nada. Nothing. I called an ecig shop that i had been buying my juice from and they had just started carrying the Lavatube themselves. They had no batteries only complete kits. I begged with the owner explaining my situation and he agreed to let me purchase an inferno that he had purchased as a demo unit for 50% off volcanos retail. He noted that I could use my accessories on it such as my tankcartos and I had been using on my lavatube. That is just awesome. I dindt purchase the unit from him he could have told me to pound sand but he didnt.

Got my extra batts 2 days later and when I placed them in the trustfire tr001 .... blinking lights. No charge. MOTHER****** :mad: You have got to be kidding me. Atleast I have the inferno until my pila comes in.

Njoy smokes (the first attempt) $100
Elipse Ovale and some eliquids $130.00
Lavatube and tube tanks $130
Extra batteries $26
Inferno kit $50
Eliquids $160 (granted i have a ton left and 120ml in the mail on the way)
an additional smoktech $20
Pila battery charger $60

Total expenses so far: $676

All in one months time. I am only over a week in and I can't help but feel like Damn. I hope these upgrades last me. I cant afford to keep doing this. However i am proud to say never once did I cave since purcchasing the lavatube. I have not had an analog in over a week. This is practically a miracle for me, smoked for 19 years, marlboro reds.

Bad part is, I didn't mind spending the money for new toys, I pound my fist when the wife comes around and shake my head but the reality is it is a valid excuse to buy new toys. Dont know how i am gonna explain the next mod I want to get. :vapor:

Last edited:

werkkrew

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2012
Philadelphia
www.werkkrew.com
I justify it a few ways, and I feel really good about it personally.

First of all, you aren't smoking, which is a HUGE win.

Personally, I look at it more as a hobby than as a habit. I love tinkering around with all the different parts and trying out all sorts of flavors. When I go to the ice cream shop I never get the same flavor twice and vaping is the same way for me.

You definitely dumped a load of cash, but if you look at it more as a hobby and an investment in your health - and not just comparing it 1:1 to the cost of cigarettes, you should feel pretty ok about it. I know I do.

newq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Eldersburg Maryland USA
Totally knit. I am the same way. I saw a pv a week ago that looked like a machined lightsaber handle. It had a tank up near where the mouth piece would be and windows cut in the metal to show liquid levels. I wish i could find the post again as it was pretty cool looking. If you guys know what I am talking about please chime ...

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
I've spent a bit less than you so far. About $300.00, counting the disposables I started with. On the other hand I am returning roughly 100 dollars worth of stuff. I have, so far, avoided buying about 24 dollars worth of cigarettes, so I am very much in the red here. But.. once you stabilize it will be a lot cheaper than buying cigarettes. Unless you get in
sane about trying various liquids, etc....

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
It gets better, I've been vaping over 18 months. Bought some stock up items, juice & cartos
during the Christmas holiday sales. Haven't needed to even break into them yet, and haven't
place an order for as much as a drip tip since....:)

Find your sweet spot of what works for you and try not to buy the latest new gizmo the first
week it's available. Wait for reviews, stay calm, no nic fits you're vaping now!! :lol:

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
I have been luckier than you, but still spent more than I saved in my counter. I have found my go to juice and am looking at cartomizers for my go to batts and I think I am going to be good as far as expenses from now on. I originally purchased the V4L titan starter with extra batteries and slim charger for back ups. I am happy with them. My biggest expense has been a crap load of juices trying to find some that I can tolerate. Plus, I bought in different nic strenghths so I can see what I need. The most important thing is to be satisfied enough to stay off of analogs. It'll even out eventually. :vapor:

Huuwap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
Idaho
www.huuwap.me
Surprisingly for the wife and I we've spent less on PV stuff this first month than we did on smokes. I calculated it all yesterday, and we come in at $325 where we were spending around $326.50/mo for smokes. We have enough juice to last a few weeks and I just ordered more, our batteries should last a little bit, now we're just at the maintenance costs and I'm stoked about that. We're looking at maybe $80/mo from here-on out.

Keep with it man. Even if I would have sunk $xxx more into it, I'd still be pushing to do it. I like it better than smoking and I feel a lot better to boot. There will be a point where it does drop off, if you can keep from getting that cool mod you want multiple times, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread