my strange last few weeks-month vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrNsFace

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2017
i have been vaping for about 6 months now (half a pack ex smoker).
in short my story is i got the T18 vape pen and started with 6mg 2.5ml e liquid a day wich wasnt enough for me at first....
since then i cut down as far as 3MG 1-1.25 ML
that was till like 2-3 weeks ago when i felt like cutting down even more and go at first with 1.5 mg 2.5 ML a day which is an equivalent to the previous 3MG - 1.25 ml i was used to....
i thought i was actually going to vape MORE cause the liquid i cut down to contains less nicotine.... but the strange thing that happened is the opposite...
i rarely vape....im hungry (for nicotine) but i dont have the desire to eat (to consume it).
i dont vape the second i wake up anymore but like up to maybe 10 hours later maybe even just late at night.... i vape like 3 times max a day usually only at night 2 hours apart from each season
i dont HAVE to vape before work and i dont go for vaping breaks in between....
when i was on 3MG i was vaping once in 2 hours minimum up to 4-5 hours max
now i just go through full days without vaping and when i do vape i dont even vape that much to compensate
thats not a bad thing im telling you here its just strange and i wanted to see if anyone has ever experienced such thing.
my next step obviously is cutting down as low as i can go cause im a bit afraid of just saying goodbye to vaping and nicotine at this point and when i feel comfortable quitting for good i will sure do it
maybe even keep vaping 0MG nicotine since i dont mind cause the only thing i care about is the nicotine addiction

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Everyone handles vaping and nicotine differently. I can go longer without vaping than I could when I was smoking.

The eating thing has me stumped honestly. I don't quite know what to make of that. But if you are vaping (however) and you are not feeling the desire to smoke, I don't really see a huge problem. Etc.

You seem to be vaping little enough that you may not need nic but I might keep a setup around in case and etc.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Baditude

UrNsFace

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2017
Everyone handles vaping and nicotine differently. I can go longer without vaping than I could when I was smoking.

The eating thing has me stumped honestly. I don't quite know what to make of that. But if you are vaping (however) and you are not feeling the desire to smoke, I don't really see a huge problem. Etc.

You seem to be vaping little enough that you may not need nic but I might keep a setup around in case and etc.

Anna
"im hungry (for nicotine) but i dont have the desire to eat (to consume it)"
hope that clears what i was trying to say

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
its just strange and i wanted to see if anyone has ever experienced such thing.
Most of us here are a bit older (like at least two to three times your age) and smoked for longer than you've been alive. Nicotine has a stronger hold on us than it does on you.

In my case, I smoked for 36 years, and a lot more than a half a pack a day. If I reduce my nic level, I just end up vaping more.

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
Does the hunger sensation happen directly after or shortly after you vape? I get a somewhat similar sensation after a decent vape session on occasion. From what I can tell it has something to do with excess mucus draining into the stomach, which I assume is a product of the high VG juices I typically use.

UrNsFace

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2017
Most of us here are a bit older (like at least two to three times your age) and smoked for longer than you've been alive. Nicotine has a stronger hold on us than it does on you.

In my case, I smoked for 36 years, and a lot more than a half a pack a day. If I reduce my nic level, I just end up vaping more.
as my father is still a smoker and i know many long time smoker i really think that the psychological addiction gets worse with years but the physical addiction to the substance is equal to even younger smokers....
i wasnt able to go cold turkey and believe me i i have been trying for 75% of the time i was smoking total and that is what funny about it....
if i wasnt able and what you say is right just a bit i cant imagine what is quitting after 20+ years
and yea when i started vaping and lowered my nicotine income i used to vape more the point is i always struggled with the psychological addiction - (not going to vaping breaks at work, at school, first thing in the morning etc).
i am not telling i lived my life happily for the past 6 months of vaping, everyday there were cravings to vaping more then i did and at the beginning i even thought about smoking, what im trying to say after that huge suffer i only vaped lower nic strength for few days and i experience between slight cravings to none and thats what strange

UrNsFace

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2017
Does the hunger sensation happen directly after or shortly after you vape? I get a somewhat similar sensation after a decent vape session on occasion. From what I can tell it has something to do with excess mucus draining into the stomach, which I assume is a product of the high VG juices I typically use.
its not hunger to food but nicotine iwill edit my post so it will be alot clearer

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
The hunger he’s talking about is just a metaphor. It sounds to me like you’re pretty done with the nic addiction. You might just go with zero nic for a few vaping sessions and see how it works. I’ve always known that the smoking was a two-fold problem for me: hand to mouth and nicotine. I’m way, way down on my nic, but I still enjoy vaping as much as ever just because I like having it to puff on. I CAN go for hours and hours without vaping if I need to without going crazy (unlike when I was smoking, for sure!). But when I’m in a position to vape, I like it.

Edit to add: after vaping for over 8 years, the psychological part of it - - the first cig of the morning, after meals, smoke breaks at work.....all of that went away sooooo long ago. I’m no longer on the “I need one every 20 minutes and I’m gonna be stewing over it (to some degree) until I get one” mindset anymore. I never have a craving for vaping these days, really, but I ALWAYS have my PV at hand, and vape whenever I want to....even if I have to be a little stealthy about it. After so long, vaping has taken on a life (with me) of its own which really has little connection to my past smoking. It totally replaced smoking, and for ME there’s no fear of going back to smoking. They are two completely different things.

Last edited:

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
I used to be addicted to both the nicotine and the act of smoking.
I now realize that I'm more addicted to the act of vaping than I am to the nicotine.
I don't feel cravings even remotely like I did when I was smoking.
I could probably walk away from it without any adverse effects, but I continue to do it because I enjoy it.

UrNsFace

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2017
The hunger he’s talking about is just a metaphor. It sounds to me like you’re pretty done with the nic addiction. You might just go with zero nic for a few vaping sessions and see how it works. I’ve always known that the smoking was a two-fold problem for me: hand to mouth and nicotine. I’m way, way down on my nic, but I still enjoy vaping as much as ever just because I like having it to puff on. I CAN go for hours and hours without vaping if I need to without going crazy (unlike when I was smoking, for sure!). But when I’m in a position to vape, I like it.
just for example now, its 2 am where i live and i woke up at 2pm and i still havent vaped.... i do think about vaping as if i think about should i eat chocolate or not...
i think what im gonna do is vape only before i go to sleep
cause since ever i thought that going out on a smoke break is a ......ed habit and that is why i wanted to quit now and not 20 years from now...
still im a bit nervous about the option to cut all my nicotine consumption cause i remember the days trying to quit analogs cold turkey those days literally give me nightmares, sometimes i actually dream i smoked a cigarette and freak out about it when i wake up even that i dont want to anymore.... XD

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I used to be addicted to both the nicotine and the act of smoking.
I now realize that I'm more addicted to the act of vaping than I am to the nicotine.
I don't feel cravings even remotely like I did when I was smoking.
I could probably walk away from it without any adverse effects, but I continue to do it because I enjoy it.
Exactly how it is with me! And by your join date it looks like you’ve been vaping for years, too (like me.) It has definitely “evolved” for me.

The first few years, smoking and vaping (as a substitute) were intertwined. Then my body began telling me to lower the nic, so I did. Over and over. Not because I was worried at ALL about nic. I never believed it was the nic that was hurting me and I still don’t. I would still be vaping the nic I started on if I still liked it. When I lowered my nic it was because it gave me hiccups and heartburn.

Once my mind separated smoking from vaping, I knew I’d never be a smoker again. I hated being a smoker (but I loved smoking!!) so once I actually became a vaper, it changed that identity I hated. I don’t ever intend to fight myself over vaping. I’m good with doing it the rest of my life if I want to and if I still enjoy it. Period.

Last edited:

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
Exactly how it is with me! And by your join date it looks like you’ve been vaping for years, too (like me.) it has definitely “evolved” for me.

The first few years, smoking and vaping (as a substitute) were intertwined. Then my body began telling me to lower the nic, so I did. Over and over. Not because I was worried at ALL about nic. I never believed it was the nic that was hurting me and I still don’t. I would still be vaping the nic I started on if I still liked it. When I lowered my nic it was because it gave me hiccups and heartburn.

Once my mind separated smoking from vaping, I knew I’d never be a smoker again. I hated being a smoker (but I loved smoking!!) so once I actually became a vaper, it changed that identity I hated. I don’t ever intend to fight myself over vaping. I’m good with doing it the rest of my life if I want to and if I still enjoy it. Period.

Oh yeah, started in late 2009 while on military bases.
My story is almost identical.

Except that if I over do nic, I get hiccups but not the heartburn. ;)

UrNsFace

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2017
Exactly how it is with me! And by your join date it looks like you’ve been vaping for years, too (like me.) it has definitely “evolved” for me.

that feels to me like im you like from few years ago
the only thing diffrent is i ALWAYS from the start struggled to always vape less or vape less strong e liquid
and always it was my body telling me that this e liquid is too strong for you now

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Another interesting thing that may or may not be off-topic, but I’ve been here a long time (since 2010) and I know of quite a few long-term vapers who, around their 8th/9th year have just become kinda done with it all and have walked away from vaping. They all said that there was no threat (for them) of going back to smoking. A few have said they thought they’d hang onto at least one PV just in case. I can totally understand their positions. I am SURE I could walk away from vaping without going back to smoking. Like I said, in my mind they are two entirely different activities. And the part of vaping I think I’d find the most difficult to give up would be the vaping culture. We’ve come so far since back in 2009-10, and I’ve felt a part of it. I like being a part of it. (I like this forum, for one big thing. It’s my social life. Sad but true. LOL)

Last edited:

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
Another interesting thing that may or may not be off-topic, but I’ve been here a long time (since 2010) and I know of quite a few long-term vapers who, around their 8th/9th year have just become kinda done with it all and have walked away from vaping. They all said that there was no threat (for them) of going back to smoking. A few have said they thought they’d hang onto at least one PV just in case. I can totally understand their positions. I am SURE I could walk away from vaping without going back to smoking. Like I said, I’m my mind they are two entirely different activities. And the part of vaping I think I’d find the most difficult to give up would be the vaping culture. We’ve come so far since back in 2009-10, and I’ve felt a part of it. I like being a part of it. (I like this forum, for one big thing. It’s my social life. Sad but true. LOL)

You're about to hit year 8.........
Can I come pick through your mods? :w00t:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread