Something strange....

Status
Not open for further replies.

marader78

Apr 1, 2011
Somerset , MA
Hey guys im new to vaping.Bought a 510 from Drew over at Nhaler 'bout 3 weeks ago, im loving it so far...but something strange happened yesterday.I read from someone on this site, to blow out your attys at night, so maybe to prolong their life...i have not did this once since vaping , but decided to last night, when i did , a small green speckle ended up in the small wet spot from the e-juice...My question is, could it be possible this was mold???...Im no chemist so i dont know if thats possible...BTW it was from an atty i switched out a while ago...so it was not an atty i had been puffing on all day...so maybe mold could have formed over a certain period of time...Also im using Drew's 555 menthol and NUport , so maybe it could have been a menthol crystal, which is what im thinking it was.Just thought i would bring thiis up....

KeithB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
Annapolis, MD
It's not green, but all my gear gets flecks of tobacco stuck to it because I keep my PV in the same pockets I kept my smokes in. The e-juice is rather sticky and leaks do happen. So far I've been pretty good about not getting stuff in my atty, just in the threads, but my new drip tip has a good sized hole, so it could happen.

brandon555

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2010
Wisconsin
bumped... for atty cleaning tips...

Don't clean them. Just blow them out or let them sit upside down at night to drain. I usually blow them out a few times a day. It keeps gunk.from building up on the coil.

Cleaning is only necessary when you get a considerable drop in performance. Blowing them out usually prevents this. However when your atty gets old and tired a soak in Everclear or high proof vodka should do the trick.

Dry burns are also good for old gunked up attys as well. I rinse with water, blow water out, dry burn until the coil glows nice and orange. Then it should be ready to go.

Pure VG liquid will clog an atty quicker. A 70/30 PG/VG mix shouldn't have any problems though.

slumdog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
South Florida & NYC The Village
yep thats exactly how..... pop off the cart or the drip tip and peep in the atty untill it glows orange, let off b4 it gets white hot or you could pop your atty.once it gets orange pulse for a few seconds, like 15 or 20, by pushing the button and let off then push etc.....try not to leave attys too wet with water because we all know what wet metal does when air gets to it .....so get it as dry as possable b4 letting it air dry cuz nobody wants to vape rust.......

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
bumped... for atty cleaning tips...

I use white vinegar as the acid will get the coils clean. I let them soak over night. Rinse in really hot water. Let dry 24 hours, then dry burn to get the remaining vinegar taste out. You should get a good glow of orange. If it should still remain, go to wal-mart, in the pharmacy bandaide isle and get a bottle of pg (or unflavored vg if you already have it). Drip 2 drops onto the atty and vape it off without inhaling. Both vg/pg will remove the vinegar taste if it remains stuck.

Or buy an ultra sonic jewelry cleaner. They do wonders with just plain water.

Either way works and that's what I do to clean mine. Rubbing alcohol doesn't cut it for me. Coils still look nasty from what I can see of them.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Boo is his name. That was the actual picture that the local newspaper displayed when he went up for adoption. He's just as yappy now as he was when he was little. He's part Maine Coone. He's now 8 months old and is bigger than my 3 year old tom but he's a big baby. I just hope the other part is teacup chihuahua or I'm in for a 35lb lap cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread