My take on the 510 cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
So I just got my 510 cartos in last night, and I have to say... Im impressed! I do find that on a standard 510 batt the draw is VERY airy and is kinda loud. However, once I put in on my 3.7v box mod the draw became whisper quiet and much more dense. I think I love these things! I have 2 more boxes and a regular atty on the way, but I highly doubt the regular atty will get much use unless I run out of cartos. I have heard alot of bad or at least mixed press on the 510 carto lately, and I wonder if vendor matters. Maybe they are all getting them from different distributors, but I can speak for the ones from LiteCig! THESE ROCK!
:toast::vapor:

Sly.Mind

May 18, 2010
TN
waiting on mine to come in the mail, got the 510, got a 5 pack of cartomizers, and a usb passthru... and a pcc.... btw, wtf does a cartomizer do anyways? is it just a bigger cart, is it a cart atty combo??? idk i got em for like 5$ so i figured id try em out. burned out my only atty last night on my Blu, so now im stuck w analogs.... makes ol sly kinda sad :( HURRY MAIL MAN HURRY!

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
I'm not crazy about them...almost too airy for me. Maybe its just the flavor too of the prefilled ones I have. I'm gonna refill these with another flavor and possibly get some cartos that are not prefilled and see. But a normal 510 or 901 work great for me anyhow so we'll see...

There's a slot in the bottom of the carto for a screwdriver to adjust the draw.

YKruss

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
Springfield, VA
This suggestion was already confirmed to possibly destroy the inner wire within the cartomizer, so I'd do a search on this topic before twisting away at your 510 cartos. ;-)

You are right - one of heating coil wires is connected to that end which accidently looks like adjustable screw. You turn the screw and wire could break, confirmed by Scottbee.

suddenly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2009
The Secret Garden
I have always wanted to try cartomizers but didn't want to put money into a new kit if I didn't care for them, so when they came out with the 510 cartos I had to have some.
I got mine from liquidxpress.com and they are great! I got Taboo. I use them as a dessert vape because they are so good.
The vapor is great also, maybe a bit better than my 510 with cart & e-juice. Very very happy with them and I would go back to liquid express for more.:vapor:

ricky59

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
North Carolina
I got the mega cartos from Nhaler and I'm in love with everything I got from them but not those cartos. This is my first experience with having the option for both carts and dripping and cartos. (my new Ego from Drew!) I must say having tried all three today I much prefer the plain old carts. Dripping was OK, but nowhere near as flavorful or as much vapor as the carts. The carto's were ok, but I think the mega's that he recommended are higher resistance and the vapor is just so so. Really have to draw long and hard to get a good amount of vapor.

Maybe I'll change my tune when I have to start messing with the atty or if it goes out, but so far, the plain old carts are the best.

kackourey

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Warminster Pa
I got mine going. I also put them on a multimeter that read them at 4.0? I prefer my 2.4 attys but they are very convienent and I am forcing my self to leave attys at home for the next week so when I switch I can truely tell if its a learning curve. I have to hit them much differently as it seems to almost hesitate on the startup of the carto.

ricky59

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
North Carolina
Looks like mine are going to sit in the box until I can get a true 3.7 box mod. They just taste like nothing on my ego and have very little vapor. On the other hand, dripping juice right on the atty of my ego produces amazing vapor and flavor, both on the regular atty and even more on the LR atty.

I did read a thread that tested the batteries on several models and the ego is only putting out 3.1V under load, so maybe as I said, they'll be better with a true 3.7 box.

Also, these are the mega 510 cartos. Drew at Nhaler recommends them, but they have a higher resistance atty inside and I disagree with his advice (although he is a GREAT vendor to deal with) I just think they need higher voltage to be good.

I may break down and try a different brand of carto with a lower resistance. Maybe that will change my mind.

Last edited:

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
I have to hit them much differently as it seems to almost hesitate on the startup of the carto.

I think that has a lot to do with the higher resistance. They don't heat up as much as a regular atty, so warming them a little before inhaling helps. I also find that the second vape immediately after the first is always better.

Mr. Mom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2010
ATL
There's a slot in the bottom of the carto for a screwdriver to adjust the draw.

Definitely a quick way to kill a cartomizer. If you must do this, only turn 1/8 turn in either direction otherwise you might snap the wire.

ricky,

just a thought try taking the cone off your ego see if the issue still persists, I hear that those cones are tight fitting and cut off air flow. that might be why your getting low vapor.

I modded my cone with a dremel tool for better airflow. That said, I still rarely use it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread