My theory on draw tightness and vapor production

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny bobcat

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Colorado
This idea came to me last night, and i'm not sure whether or not this has already been addressed or even if anyone cares. Nonetheless here's my :2c:

Ever since i have started vaping, I've noticed a direct correlation between how tight the draw is and how much vapor is produced. I for one have often wondered why this is, but now I finally understand. when the draw is tight, you are putting a slight vacuum inside of the atomizer, and at lower air pressures, the boiling point of liquids can be considerably lower. Thus the increase in vapor production. This effect of course ceases to be of value at a certain point though, because you simply can't draw enough of the vape into your mouth as you need. It's quite simple but, if you're at all as bored as always seem to be, at least somewhat interesting.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... When the draw is tight, you are putting a slight vacuum inside of the atomizer, and at lower air pressures, the boiling point of liquids can be considerably lower. Thus the increase in vapor production.

As you mentioned, the vacuum created is "Slight". That lower pressure is going to reduce the boiling point by an Extremely small amount. You might not even be able to measure it with house hold tools.

neo122112

Jul 7, 2010
Ohio
the pressure variance is too small to effect the boiling point that drastically. the draw varies from atty to atty sometimes because of use or manufacturing differences. maybe you get more vapor from a tight draw because there isnt as much air in the mix and you're allowing the liquid to totally vaporize. i think the riva cone is there to warm the air around the atty before it enters, creating a warmer, tighter, more satisfying vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread