need help - tight draw, warm, dense vapor, pod hunter - 7 items failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

warmtightvaporhunter

Apr 16, 2020
Did you ever say where you are located (no need to be specific... just general area) It will help us make suggestions.
I'm here in the Uk. How about you guys? Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't expect to get a lot of answers here as a newbie, but hey, I am very pleased. People here are helpful. :)

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
UK based myself @warmtightvaporhunter, found ECF to be a great forum. Everything is covered here from gear, supplies, DIY and even modding/retrofitting.

Plus there's the Rayon thread, which is a great wicking material for a lot of atomisers. As it lasts longer and has a much cleaner taste to it than cotton.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
There is nothing inherently unsafe about RTAs I managed to build them and apart from well, a TON of leakage (until rayon! YAY!) I managed not to die. I'm not what one would call gifted when it comes to objects. A relatively cheap set of tools and an ohms reader should help you out if you are worried about blowing up. I leaked all over my coilmaster ohms reader for a long time and it's pretty much designed for that I think.

Also there is nothing unsafe about a smok product unless it starts behaving in a sort of unpredictable fashion as long as you are not pushing it or its battery beyond tolerable limits, so I don't see the issue. I don't love smok but I'm the kind of gal a Smok product would take one look at and explode on the spot. They do have PRETTY low QC standards, like, IDK who is manning the post so to speak as they exit the factory he is either drunk, asleep or both but a working smok mod is not a thing of evil you just gotta kinda keep your eye on it and be good at spotting stuff.

Yes, it could blow up in your face one day. You could also be run over by a roving truck. Things happen. Nothing is 100% safe not even breathing, but you can't NOT breathe either. So these things go.

Anna

warmtightvaporhunter

Apr 16, 2020
Hi everyone, thank you for all the suggestions. I am very pleased with all the information I've been getting from this forum. Just a little update about my quest here...

I have both the zlide and zenith tank, I found that the flavors are both muted compared to Voopoo air, and Smok rkiss with DL tank, which is probably not surprising...

Is it because I am using a sub ohm device for the mtl tanks?

At the moment, I am getting by using the Voopoo air and Smok rkiss with DL tank as they got satisfying clouds... throat hit is still not there but I guess it would do for now as I have already spent more than I would have for smoking this month.

Perhaps my ultimate question now is which coil brand is best for flavor? I am thinking about purchasing an Aspire nautilus device, just to try their coils, but I'm doubting because the taste might also be muted similar to zenith and zlide tanks. Please let me know your thoughts.

PS: I'm probably not ready yet to build my own coils.

Thanks and stay safe everyone. :)

Reactions: stols001

Skwij

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Hang in there with the Zenith and Zlide. It can take a couple of tanksful to really "break in" the coils.

That said, not all Z coils are beloved by all. Which coils are you running in the tanks?

Hi everyone, thank you for all the suggestions. I am very pleased with all the information I've been getting from this forum. Just a little update about my quest here...

I have both the zlide and zenith tank, I found that the flavors are both muted compared to Voopoo air, and Smok rkiss with DL tank, which is probably not surprising...

At the moment, I am getting by using the Voopoo air and Smok rkiss with DL tank as they got satisfying clouds... throat hit is still not there but I guess it would do for now as I have already spent more than I would have for smoking this month.

Perhaps my ultimate question now is which coil brand is best for flavor? I am thinking about purchasing an Aspire nautilus device, just to try their coils, but I'm doubting because the taste might also be muted similar to zenith and zlide tanks. Please let me know your thoughts.

PS: I'm probably not ready yet to build my own coils.

Thanks and stay safe everyone. :)

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Zenith and Zlide @warmtightvaporhunter, you really only need the Zlide as that's the successor to the Zenith.

The Aspire Nautilus GT was the other option, but that's only available from certain places at the moment. I think that I remember someone saying that they got one from Canada recently.

But here's some information on the coil options for the Zlide.
Innokin Zenith Coils are called the Z Coils now! – A Better Vape Experience

z-coils-2.jpg

The Plex3D is highly regarded.

And I think that this may be the Nautilus GT type coil that may be of interest to you.
Aspire Nautilus 2S (Mesh Coil) Replacement Atomizer 0.7ohm 5pcs - $12.50 : Aspire online shopping

It's the mesh version

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
If your device has adjustable wattage then the answer is NO. There is no such thing as a "sub-ohm" device... in fact that term has become very misleading.
Keep working with the Innokin tanks... try different coils, different watts (always work up slowly) and try adjusting airflow (too open tends to reduce flavor)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I will vouch the 0.7 mesh coil by Aspire is a thing of beauty! It's the best flavor OMG and it lasts forever. I made the mistake of seeing if they would fit in my Kabuki tanks. They do.

I am stocked for life for the 1.6 regular coil, it was my favorite. Sigh. Maybe if Direct vapor has those suckers on subscription I will bite. It seems less painful that way somehow.

Blows ANY zenith mesh coil out of the water for flavor or longevity, They have a reasonably wide wattage range I think although I vape mine at puny levels but still swear by them.

Anna

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I've been following this thread and I think that a tight draw pod to get warm dense vapor might not be possible. If you're looking for a warm dense vapor, a big ol' DL hit off a low ohm mesh coil will do just that. Only thing missing with this tactic is the tight draw pod though. I've used pods and they are great for stealthy vaping because of the fact that there are no dense clouds, warm or otherwise. But that's just my thoughts on this.

warmtightvaporhunter

Apr 16, 2020
Hang in there with the Zenith and Zlide. It can take a couple of tanksful to really "break in" the coils.

That said, not all Z coils are beloved by all. Which coils are you running in the tanks?
Hi, I am running the Zlide with 0.48 ohm coil, and the Zenith at 1 ohm... both are significantly tasteless compared to the Vinci Air with 1 ohm coil, which I think I have gotten used to now...

What is a 'break in'? I'd refilled both tanks multiple times now...

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Hi, I am running the Zlide with 0.48 ohm coil, and the Zenith at 1 ohm... both are significantly tasteless compared to the Vinci Air with 1 ohm coil, which I think I have gotten used to now...

What is a 'break in'? I'd refilled both tanks multiple times now...

The most important thing to know about factory atomizers is the initial preparation. Sometimes, it's hard to get the cotton completely saturated by just dripping drops into the cotton filler. When I used factory coils I filled the rubber "condom" that the atomizer was shipped in as a reservoir for the juice. I'd fill it almost to the top and slowly push the atomizer into the condom until juice began to come out of the top of the atomizer. Let it sit for a few minutes and push the atomizer all the way in until all the juice is absorbed before vaping. It's the best way to ensure complete saturation.

• Informative
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread