My thoughts and issues with the DNA40

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
With doots on this one. I too see all the misunderstand and bull.... flying around the net, and yes, the silence on best practices from Evolv speaks volumes - they know a lot but not everything. I too think this is a 1.0 product that needs to mature...

lol as if there is a best practices for any rebuildables.

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
Also the knowledge base to be able to use the temp control and Ni200 needs to mature. Thats not going to happen if Evolv never released it. With the impending FDA regs, they may have released it earlier than they would have wanted, to get the ball rolling faster. With possibly thousands of units in the hands of vapers, the knowledge base will grow quickly. It is not for the timid or inexperienced at this stage IMO, and building coils with Ni200 requires more care and attention to detail.

Prebuilt Ni200 coils for popular clearo's will make the temp control system available to an even broader base of users. I think the benefits are a necessary step in the right direction to eventually make vaping safer, easier and more enjoyable for all users regardless of experience, which would hopefully convert more smokers to vaping. Here's hoping.

Firecrow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Accurate temperature control IS the way of the vaping future. I felt that way with the first mechanical I ever used and have been waiting for downstep regulation and temperature control to come into existence - it is an inevitable evolution of the technology. The restriction of Ni only wire will also been short lived (I believe) as the only means of it and I am sure other onshore and offshore manufacturers are working on the tech as we speak. Its an exciting time for vaping.

I don't fear a whig about FDA regulations. The entire government legal and regulation system is so antiquated and unable to keep up to tech and all you have to do is remove the nic from the equation and its a highly regulated flashlight. They won't be able to regulate s*it.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Well I have all the required parts now and am waffling on the case. I've fiddled with the case I posted earlier and it's looking like its going to be a real pain in the ..... No way to build anything inside it so I have to build it all outside and then try to cram it all down into it. Not easy. Thinking about building a dual battery rig in an Altoids can. Thoughts?

Looking for something new that I like. Watch this space for new wit, halfwit, nitwit...

KGie

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
Tampa, FL USA
Well I have all the required parts now and am waffling on the case. I've fiddled with the case I posted earlier and it's looking like its going to be a real pain in the ..... No way to build anything inside it so I have to build it all outside and then try to cram it all down into it. Not easy. Thinking about building a dual battery rig in an Altoids can. Thoughts?

Looking for something new that I like. Watch this space for new wit, halfwit, nitwit...

I ordered one of these Hana Modz Enclosures from Fasttech for $20.43. You could also try snagging some of these $5.00 DNA 30 Enclosures, but they tend to run out and restock, so you have to keep checking back. (If you do get hit the sit when they're in stock, maybe you could either PM me or grab a couple extra for me and I'll pay you for the boxes and the postage.)

Also, this thread is getting a lot more traffic and might be a better place to post these questions: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/612272-official-dna-40-introduction-180.html#post14584202. And this one: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/coil-builds/613433-dna-40-nr-nickel-builds.html.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
I ordered one of these Hana Modz Enclosures from Fasttech for $20.43. You could also try snagging some of these $5.00 DNA 30 Enclosures, but they tend to run out and restock, so you have to keep checking back. (If you do get hit the sit when they're in stock, maybe you could either PM me or grab a couple extra for me and I'll pay you for the boxes and the postage.)

Also, this thread is getting a lot more traffic and might be a better place to post these questions: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/612272-official-dna-40-introduction-180.html#post14584202. And this one: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/coil-builds/613433-dna-40-nr-nickel-builds.html.

Thanks. I've got two of the $5 hana cases. Trying to build a two battery in parallel mod.

KGie

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
Tampa, FL USA
When did you get the $5 cases? They've been out of stock on those forever.

I just got some -- they had them in stock for... oh, I don't know, maybe a few hours? I've got the page open in a browser and refresh it every morning, plus whenever I happen to see it. I happened to pass by it, refreshed it, they had them, and I ordered some. Actually there's an option on the page to receive an email when they're back in stock. After I saw they were back in stock, I looked at my email and realized they had sent me an "in-stock" update just a little before I coincidentally refreshed the page and saw they were in stock. They don't last long, that's for sure.

Best way to get all the epoxied stuff loose/removed from the box? Isopropyl alcohol? Chisel? lol

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I just got some -- they had them in stock for... oh, I don't know, maybe a few hours? I've got the page open in a browser and refresh it every morning, plus whenever I happen to see it. I happened to pass by it, refreshed it, they had them, and I ordered some. Actually there's an option on the page to receive an email when they're back in stock. After I saw they were back in stock, I looked at my email and realized they had sent me an "in-stock" update just a little before I coincidentally refreshed the page and saw they were in stock. They don't last long, that's for sure.

Best way to get all the epoxied stuff loose/removed from the box? Isopropyl alcohol? Chisel? lol

How long ago? I've been checking every day for the last week or 2. I tried calling them and just got voice mail.

If it's hot glue, Isopropyl alcohol works great.

KGie

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
Tampa, FL USA
How long ago? I've been checking every day for the last week or 2. I tried calling them and just got voice mail.

If it's hot glue, Isopropyl alcohol works great.

I ordered it Tuesday, 11/18 at 10:22 PM. I had actually gotten an email from them at 7:57, which I had thought -- up until just now -- was automatically generated in response to an auto-request to be notified, but in re-reading that email, I see that it was actually in response to a message I left via their contact tab, and I don't think their in-stock notification email was auto-generated, which I would think might lessen the chance of getting the in-stock notification email.

I ordered a couple of extras; I could send one or two to you if we can figure out a way to do it without my having to traipse to the post office or pay more than the boxes are worth to UPS. PM me in you're interested and we'll figure it out.

-Kevin

Firecrow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I picked mine up from a B&M that had them shipped a week ago. No issues thus far. Temp control is a bit of a learning curve as is nickel coils, but aside from a Russian deck fail that took me 10 minutes to sort out, its been working like a champ - none of the issues talked about here so far. The B&M also backs it up with a swap warranty, so I feel confident that I'm covered. I also have a rDNA30 as a trusty backup. With the devices they are shipping now I don't think you have anything to worry about, but if you can get it from a B&M with that kind of coverage, its good peace of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread