My timing, as always..., impeccable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oktayne the Red

Oct 4, 2019
Greetings folks, from sunny-ish south FL. Guess I'm a little late to this party. It got me off cigs, so there's that, and what a cool rabbithole.

I'm just sad it took me this long. vaping is so much more than just a smoking alternative, and I'm gutted that as soon as I get in to it, they want to take it away. Hard for me to stockpile, due to unemployment, but I'm doing the best I can. I'm still holding a sliver of hope that our government, and other related agencies, will get their collective heads out of their, well, you know. But that BT money, it's soooo shiny!

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
Hello and welcome.

I feel for you, and for the many smokers who may well have even less chance to explore vaping to quit smoking.

What are you using now?

If you do have any chance at stockpiling, I'm sure many here can point you to the good deals on nicotine base in your region, and a rebuildable RTA/rda or two if you don't have any.

• Agree
Reactions: Possum64

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Welcome. You're late but not too late.

Maybe you've already figured this out, but nicotine is the key item to stockpile. The hardware is likely to be around for a while, at least until next spring. Nicotine might be available too, but it could disappear any time, maybe without much notice. You will probably be able to get mods and tanks from China even if it got the chop locally. Nic is the one thing that you can't do without. Even if you don't use it right away just having it in the freezer gets you set up, and it doesn't take much. I've got 5 liters and it should last the rest of my life, that would set you back not much more than $200 at the moment.

Good luck.

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
mjHJuAF.png

• Love
Reactions: Sloth Tonight

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Welcome to the f
Greetings folks, from sunny-ish south FL. Guess I'm a little late to this party. It got me off cigs, so there's that, and what a cool rabbithole.

I'm just sad it took me this long. Vaping is so much more than just a smoking alternative, and I'm gutted that as soon as I get in to it, they want to take it away. Hard for me to stockpile, due to unemployment, but I'm doing the best I can. I'm still holding a sliver of hope that our government, and other related agencies, will get their collective heads out of their, well, you know. But that BT money, it's soooo shiny!

Welcome to the forum! I have a feeling that forums will become more important In the near future, and this one IMO is the best and most well balanced one.

As far as your timing, at least you discovered it before they're taking it away. I've been vaping for several years now, and I've seen attempt after attempt to ban/regulate it. I keep saying I do not want to sound like one of those guys with tin foil hats screaming "conspiracy", but the evidence is just overwhelming. It seems like Big tobacco companies have put a smear campaign on this entire industry. It seems they want to regulate anything that big tobacco does not make. Odd how the anti-smoking campaigns are helping the tobacco companies in the long run.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

I'm just sad it took me this long. Vaping is so much more than just a smoking alternative, and I'm gutted that as soon as I get in to it, they want to take it away. Hard for me to stockpile, due to unemployment, but I'm doing the best I can. I'm still holding a sliver of hope that our government, and other related agencies, will get their collective heads out of their, well, you know. But that BT money, it's soooo shiny!
Welcome and glad you joined.
I hear you, I thought the same exact thing about starting vaping earlier. Good luck with the job hunt, got my fingers crossed for you, you will find something so hang in there and keep trying.

Oktayne the Red

Oct 4, 2019
Yeah, hardware. I've haven't gotten into the rebuildables yet, but I've been checking out the DIY juice. That's almost another hobby in and of itself, right down my alley. I like mixing stuff in search of the perfect flavor.

So how this stared was a FB post on my GF's feed- "free vape stuff". Long story short, a bag of stuff, a couple of cheaper vapes, and 36 bottles of juice. Some almost gone, some still sealed, mostly half-bottles. Still, a LOT of $ in juice. Some i like, some is gonna sit here until i got nothing else. My 2 favorites of the bunch came from Expect Resistance, Blvk Acai and Pure Imagination, but I can't find them anywhere. Seems like maybe out of business? Lots of out of date info when googled.

I got a couple Geekvape mods. Seems they have good rep for not a lot of $. Coils are a bit cheaper, but I still need to check out the RTA stuff. I'm having issues with understanding all the different coil types.

Reactions: DeloresRose

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yeah, hardware. I've haven't gotten into the rebuildables yet, but I've been checking out the DIY juice. That's almost another hobby in and of itself, right down my alley. I like mixing stuff in search of the perfect flavor.

So how this stared was a FB post on my GF's feed- "free vape stuff". Long story short, a bag of stuff, a couple of cheaper vapes, and 36 bottles of juice. Some almost gone, some still sealed, mostly half-bottles. Still, a LOT of $ in juice. Some i like, some is gonna sit here until i got nothing else. My 2 favorites of the bunch came from Expect Resistance, Blvk Acai and Pure Imagination, but I can't find them anywhere. Seems like maybe out of business? Lots of out of date info when googled.

I got a couple Geekvape mods. Seems they have good rep for not a lot of $. Coils are a bit cheaper, but I still need to check out the RTA stuff. I'm having issues with understanding all the different coil types.
Howdy and welcome :)

Will this be the end? Hard to know.

There has been round after round of attacks on vaping for many years ever since it came out. This is by no means the first one though it is the first one where multiple government entities have gotten involved. We shall see what we shall see.

One of the most interesting bits is which entities. Looked at as a whole internationally it seems to be a very directed attack orchestrated by the same group that has always orchestrated such attacks: the cigarette company(s). Whether there is even really more than one is something of a question. Altria (who used to be named British tobacco hence the term “BT”) at one point owned or controlled all of them. They have been joined by a few pharmaceutical companies who make competing smoking cessation products as well as some anti tobacco activism groups that seem to have been very carefully misinformed about what is actually going on. It’s a powerful group. I personally suspect that the cigarette companies find the concept of the anti tobacco groups being manipulated into actually fighting for them instead of against them to be highly humorous.

There’s been a flurry of false and misleading evidence and media articles produced, many using stuff that was already debunked in earlier attacks, which is more or less par for the course.

True information has in the past found a way of leaking out eventually though. These things seem to start off with an avalanche of false statements that are slowly proved to be such. What is different this time is a bunch of governments got pushed into acting on those false statements before they were able to be proved false.

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Welcome to the ecf community.
As mentioned you have time to collect gear but high concentrate nic maybe not. All other diy supplies will still be readily available so no need to worry about vg, pg, flavors, etc.. Buy what nic you can when you can.Sign up for newsletters from sites like Nicotine River and Heartlandvapes, Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers, and Liquid Barn. Before ordering ask if anyone has a code for whichever site you use.

Oktayne the Red

Oct 4, 2019
Learn something new everyday. The whole British Tobacco thing. I assumed it was Big Tobacco. Either works I'm sure. And both evil. Maybe add Big Turd?

So, some questions about the forum. First, where's the legend for all the different "like" symbols? I figured a few out obviously on my own.

Should I just start asking random questions here or do start threads elsewhere?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Learn something new everyday. The whole British Tobacco thing. I assumed it was Big Tobacco. Either works I'm sure. And both evil. Maybe add Big Turd?

So, some questions about the forum. First, where's the legend for all the different "like" symbols? I figured a few out obviously on my own.

It's your thread, ask away.
If you hover over the emojis the legend will show.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio

You can start asking here. Well do our best to catch you up to speed. I agree with everyone that diy is the best way forward- even if there were no bans, you’ll save a ton in the long run. And it’s not all that complicated. I’ve made my own juice for almost 6 years.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada

Hover for the like descriptions. Note that likes (and disagrees) aren't set in stone, so if you click on the wrong thing you can fix it by clicking 'Undo Rating" at the end of the row.

As others have said, asking starter questions here is fine. If you prefer, you can also look around the forum and post in a topic-specific location. You might be interested in some of these:

Oktayne the Red

Oct 4, 2019
I guess my biggie question at this point is coils. What is a clearomizer? How do I vape, or what tank do I need, for nic salt with my sub-ohm mods? I don't vape the salt much, but I like it around because sometimes I just like a cig, addiction or no. The sub-ohm tobacco flavor doesn't always cut it.

Anyone have a recommendation for a good ole turkish "Camel straights" juice?

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I guess my biggie question at this point is coils. What is a clearomizer? How do I vape, or what tank do I need, for nic salt with my sub-ohm mods? I don't vape the salt much, but I like it around because sometimes I just like a cig, addiction or no. The sub-ohm tobacco flavor doesn't always cut it.

Anyone have a recommendation for a good ole turkish "Camel straights" juice?

A clearomizer used to be a disposable tank with a coil built in. Not sure if that description has changed over the years. Not the most practical thing, now.

An atomizer is whatever tank or atty you put your juice in. There are some that take premade coils, and some you build your own coils for - RBAs

If you can tell us what you’re vaping now, it’ll give us an idea of what to recommend.

You can use salts in any atty. it’s more about how much nic is better with which style of atty.

I use mostly freebase nic at 6 mg/ml in my sub ohm RBAs that run between .3 and .5 ohms. Those are DL, all of them.
I could use 6 mg salt in those, but salt is more expensive and there aren’t any benefits to it at this low a level.

I used 25mg/ml salts in a pod to get a quick nic blast. And I’m using 12mg salts in a Zlide tank/ drop in coils at .48 - technically sub ohm, but as it’s mtl it’s not too much nic for me.

Your mods are going to be rated for x amount of power. Some at rated 80w, maybe 100 or 200 watts. The lower the ohms of your coils, the higher the watts they’ll need.

I have a lot of 80 watt mods that I can run with a .25 ohm coil because the mods are regulated and I can vape lower wattage - mine is set at 35. Others would run that coil a lot higher, and they’d want a more powerful mod to fire it. Conversely I have 200w mods I can use with higher ohms, and just get crazy long battery life.

Hope this makes sense!

• Winner
Reactions: Blitzdonlife

Oktayne the Red

Oct 4, 2019
It seems like there are a lot of terms that used interchangeably for some stuff. I'm using 2 Aegis Solos and a Mini (just arrived). All the Cerebus tank. Now, I buy a pack of what they call coils, but they would be more properly called atomizers, right? (Some places do.) The coil is technically just the mesh or coil of wire that heats? Am I to understand coil + deck = atomizer?

I am cursed to try and be too technical about this stuff.

I'm wanting to use 1 of them for salt for a little while. The coils, or atomizers, or "little things I have to replace and will never have enough of", or whatever you'd like to call them are .2 ohm I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread