My timing, as always..., impeccable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

casuald00d

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2018
the states of unitedness
oh man, i was just talking about this the other day with my friend- what about all the ppl that just started vaping? they finally switched from cigs and the first thing that happens is the gov wants to ban flavored e-cigs. what a bummer!

i'll probably drive to FL in the winter at some point so let me know if you need some extra juice and i'll try to bring some with me! i'm around $500 into stockpiling currently and plan on spending another $1500 or so in the coming days so HOPEFULLY i'll have some to spare but we'll see lol!

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Well, I've arrived a little bit on the late side as well. I started vaping in 2009 and was just getting into the DIY when I ended up losing my entire vape collection in 2013. I started smoking again and it was all very depressing and then this weird panic hit and I snapped out of it. Hopefully I snapped out in time to build up my stockpile. I am starting with the nic and then I am going to worry about the hardware.

I am a little bit confused about what is going to be banned, Flavors, nicotine, hardware? All of the above? Or juices containing flavors? Dunno, but I am going to prepare for the worst case scenario and then hope it doesn't happen. I want other people to be able to make the switch too.
Hey I just figured out that we are pretty close to neighbors I'm actually in Melbourne Florida so 45 minutes to the east of you. When the apocalypse comes it might be useful to know somebody close by who might know somebody if you know what I mean LOL

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Some people swear by cleaning drop-in coils, but most find it doesn't work very well. You can get a bit more time out of them, but not enough to be worth the effort. I get much better results from putting my time and effort into an RTA (and you can clean RTA coils effectively when you rewick them - it's the wicking in the drop-ins that's next to impossible to clean well).

As for switching flavours without switching the coil, I find unflavoured juice useful. Vaping 1/2 a tank of unflavoured between incompatible flavours usually flushes out the coil well enough.
I agree (with both statements)

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I used to be a frequent visitor to Melbourne in the days of my youth when I would drive all over the state to fish. Probably haven't seen Melbourne in 15 years, I bet lots has changed.
A lot has changed and then a lot has not changed ( thinking about it I feel like that's the only two options but I think you know what I mean). I've been here for 32 years roughly.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I like the unflavored juice idea. Seems like a good deal. It really takes half a tank to clear a flavor?
Just dump what's left in the tank (save it in a container) and use about 1/4 tank unflavored, vape some until most old flavor is gone, dump that, add new flavor, and so on. Works great and all the juice you dump (in same container) becomes a "mutt mix". Sometimes it's great, sometimes not. I have discovered great combinations this way. BTW, some flavors (like chai tea) never go away. For really strong bold flavors I just use a RDA (drip, vape a few puffs, re-wick and try next flavor) but to really see how they will taste in a tank, the other method works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread