My Vape Tastes Like...Gravy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Sorry, but I will go against the majority advice and say that it MAY be the ejuice.

I've received flavorings that literally "went bad" in 10 days. And I just bought it! (these are subtleties you figure out once you start DIYing for yourself).

You don't know how long a super large bottle of flavoring has been opened, that is being mixed into ejuice, even if the ejuice itself is freshly made. It also depends on how many times the flavoring and other stuff has been opened and closed (exposed to air and light).

Your comment "took a few hits without hitting the fire button and it tasted fine" leads me to believe that when heated, SOMETHING in the eliquid is not taking to heat very well.

Sometimes that is because of too much sweetner added to the ejuice so when heated it tastes awful because it is actually "burning" even without high heat. sometimes it's because there's too much VG and your coils aren't handling very well once button is pressed. Other times, it's just old flavoring. Or even old nicotine. And yeah, sometimes it's your coil or actual device, but not always.

Just wanna put this out there.

Have yu tested with different eliquids?

Yeah, what she said (Racehorse)........... very logical advice.

Reactions: xxxibkrby

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I kind of figured that when she said "new juice" she meant she refilled the tank with her regular juice.

Either way, I think given she can't get the tank off her mod, there's something else going on. Especially given the spill situation. The OP could certainly TRY a different juice, but her tank (at the very least) isn't functioning correctly, and if juice HAS gotten down into the mod through the firing pin, it probably needs to be looked at. It's concievable the mod's okay but it could certainly be toast. This is a case where having someone slightly knowledgeable might be of help.

OP I wouldn't try to vape with any juice until you figure out what's going on with your mod, and that it isn't fried. Good luck. You may end up lucky, or with a brand new mod. Fingers crossed. :)

Anna

Reactions: xxxibkrby

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2014
    Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
    Sorry, but I will go against the majority advice and say that it MAY be the ejuice.

I've received flavorings that literally "went bad" in 10 days. And I just bought it! (these are subtleties you figure out once you start DIYing for yourself).

You don't know how long a super large bottle of flavoring has been opened, that is being mixed into ejuice, even if the ejuice itself is freshly made. It also depends on how many times the flavoring and other stuff has been opened and closed (exposed to air and light).

Your comment "took a few hits without hitting the fire button and it tasted fine" leads me to believe that when heated, SOMETHING in the eliquid is not taking to heat very well.

Sometimes that is because of too much sweetner added to the ejuice so when heated it tastes awful because it is actually "burning" even without high heat. sometimes it's because there's too much VG and your coils aren't handling very well once button is pressed. Other times, it's just old flavoring. Or even old nicotine. And yeah, sometimes it's your coil or actual device, but not always.

Just wanna put this out there.

Have yu tested with different eliquids?
    Solid point. Not too common, but it can happen. Still, in this case, I'd bet on the gunk we can see in photo 2.

xxxibkrby

Jul 12, 2017
    ohio
    HEY didn't get to updating my vape status till now...
    I ended up having someone manage to take off the rest of the tank from the battery.. so I cleaned everything up and then took all the parts to a vape shop and one of the workers ended up breaking something else on the tank so they gave me a different one and some coils for free!!! :)
    Thank you everyone for all the help and the welcomes!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread