my vaporizer gets so hot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
Dude! You're pushing a dual-coil setup on a tiny weak little battery! Of course it's going to get HOT! In fact I would say that it's probably not very safe to be doing that! :blink:

the kanger evod battery has a 3 amp limit cut off. the lowest resistance for pro tank 3 heads is 1.5 ohms. so it would only pull 2.4 amps at the most (under the limit)

Last edited:

im_coryy

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
USA
so you have tried both 1.5 and 2.5 ohm heads in the Protank 3?

the battery and clearo are going to get a bit warm, this is normal. but if its getting so hot you cant hold it after 4 hits or so it is a problem.

its warm i can hold it in my hand without it burning me or anything, the best feeling i can describe it as is maybe holding a warm cup cup of coffee

Reactions: W!llem

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
its warm i can hold it in my hand without it burning me or anything, the best feeling i can describe it as is maybe holding a warm cup cup of coffee

all e-cigs are going to get warm. its just a matter of physics.

also kanger coils are notorious for being have higher ohms than what they label them as. if you have a coil that is labeled 1.5 Ohms its probably more like 1.8 or 2.0 ohms. out of the 50 or so kanger coils i have tested none of them have been under or even at the resistance labeled on them. Kanger says they the coils can Plus or Minus .2 ohms, but of the ones i have tested they are at least .2 ohms over.

Timactionfigures

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Boringhamton, NY, USA
so your saying my set up is safe?? i dont know too much about currents and electricity and that sort of thing

While it does appear to be within tolerance, I'd still say you're pushing that little battery hard. I understand ohm's law, but there is one thing that confuses me...which is this...when I run a single coil at 1.5 ohm's on my Provari I get a lot longer battery life than if I run a dual-coil at 1.5 ohms. Even though the math works out the same (half current across each coil), it undoubtedly is drawing MORE current from the battery since it dies so much quicker. So...can someone explain that?! :confused:

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
While it does appear to be within tolerance, I'd still say you're pushing that little battery hard. I understand ohm's law, but there is one thing that confuses me...which is this...when I run a single coil at 1.5 ohm's on my Provari I get a lot longer battery life than if I run a dual-coil at 1.5 ohms. Even though the math works out the same (half current across each coil), it undoubtedly is drawing MORE current from the battery since it dies so much quicker. So...can someone explain that?! :confused:

adding parallel branches reduces over all circuit resistance.

Parallel Circuits

i see this question so often, that im in the process of making thread that will explain it in terms everyone can understand.

Dampmaskin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
Norway
www.steam-engine.org
when I run a single coil at 1.5 ohm's on my Provari I get a lot longer battery life than if I run a dual-coil at 1.5 ohms. Even though the math works out the same (half current across each coil), it undoubtedly is drawing MORE current from the battery since it dies so much quicker. So...can someone explain that?! :confused:

Maybe you're increasing the voltage when running dual coils? I know I do; I find I almost have to double it to get the coils up to similar temperatures.

adding parallel branches reduces over all circuit resistance.

I think he was refering to the combined resistance of the atomizer being 1.5 Ohm, not each individual coil. I don't believe a Provari will even fire at 0.75 Ohm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread