The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

my vaporizer gets so hot...

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by im_coryy, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. im_coryy

im_coryy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2014
    USA
  2. happydave

happydave Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    the whole thing battery and all? or just the protank 3?
    how many hits does it take before it feels hot?

3. Timactionfigures

Timactionfigures Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2014
    Boringhamton, NY, USA
    Dude! You're pushing a dual-coil setup on a tiny weak little battery! Of course it's going to get HOT! In fact I would say that it's probably not very safe to be doing that! :blink:

4. im_coryy

Apr 1, 2014
    USA
    thats my entire set up the batter and that tank. maybe 4-5 hits

5. happydave

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    the kanger evod battery has a 3 amp limit cut off. the lowest resistance for pro tank 3 heads is 1.5 ohms. so it would only pull 2.4 amps at the most (under the limit)

6. RichRod

RichRod Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2014
    South Lake Tahoe, CA
    with my stick batteries i stay with simple clearos like the Kanger T3S, still if im chain vaping it can get hot where the battery meets the clearo. buy a vv/vw for your PT's like the Vamo. wont break the bank and i can guarantee youll love it :)

7. im_coryy

Apr 1, 2014
    USA

what battery would you suggest i use?

should i get something like this...

Kanger E-vod battery 1000mAh 1PC/PACK

8. happydave

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    have you tried replacing the head?

on the center post of the battery, look for any black dots or scorch marks let us know what you find.

9. im_coryy

Apr 1, 2014
    USA
    i got the kangertech starter kit and evn with the norml head that comes with it it got kinda hot where the battery and tank meet

10. im_coryy

Apr 1, 2014
    USA
    i actually just got the protank 3 today...looking at my battery now and....everything looks normal its silver and golden no black spots

11. happydave

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    so you have tried both 1.5 and 2.5 ohm heads in the Protank 3?

the battery and clearo are going to get a bit warm, this is normal. but if its getting so hot you cant hold it after 4 hits or so it is a problem.

12. im_coryy

Apr 1, 2014
    USA
    so your saying my set up is safe?? i dont know too much about currents and electricity and that sort of thing

13. im_coryy

Apr 1, 2014
    USA
    on the box for the protank it had a 1.5 and 2.0 with a horseshoe symbol next to it. the 1.5 is marked

14. Timactionfigures

Jan 23, 2014
    Boringhamton, NY, USA
    Nah...get a VV (variable voltage) mod, or a mech that can take AW IMR (or similar) batteries. I would suggest the VV mod for safety reasons though.

15. im_coryy

Apr 1, 2014
    USA
    its warm i can hold it in my hand without it burning me or anything, the best feeling i can describe it as is maybe holding a warm cup cup of coffee

• Like Like x 1
  16. happydave

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    all e-cigs are going to get warm. its just a matter of physics.

also kanger coils are notorious for being have higher ohms than what they label them as. if you have a coil that is labeled 1.5 Ohms its probably more like 1.8 or 2.0 ohms. out of the 50 or so kanger coils i have tested none of them have been under or even at the resistance labeled on them. Kanger says they the coils can Plus or Minus .2 ohms, but of the ones i have tested they are at least .2 ohms over.

17. Timactionfigures

Jan 23, 2014
    Boringhamton, NY, USA
    While it does appear to be within tolerance, I'd still say you're pushing that little battery hard. I understand ohm's law, but there is one thing that confuses me...which is this...when I run a single coil at 1.5 ohm's on my Provari I get a lot longer battery life than if I run a dual-coil at 1.5 ohms. Even though the math works out the same (half current across each coil), it undoubtedly is drawing MORE current from the battery since it dies so much quicker. So...can someone explain that?! :confused:

18. wheelie

wheelie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2014
    Ont. Canada
    I have about the same setup as my before bed with less nicotine in it and yes the bottom of tank and top part of battery case gets hot. You are running dual burners in that. Go to a single burner and it goes away. It is totally normal and safe.

19. happydave

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    adding parallel branches reduces over all circuit resistance.

Parallel Circuits

i see this question so often, that im in the process of making thread that will explain it in terms everyone can understand.

20. Dampmaskin

Dampmaskin Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 28, 2014
    Norway
    Maybe you're increasing the voltage when running dual coils? I know I do; I find I almost have to double it to get the coils up to similar temperatures.

I think he was refering to the combined resistance of the atomizer being 1.5 Ohm, not each individual coil. I don't believe a Provari will even fire at 0.75 Ohm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.