The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

my vaporizer gets so hot...

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by im_coryy, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. im_coryy

im_coryy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2014
    USA
    nope cant see anything. ive noticed playing with your profile on this site is rather confsing

2. Robino1

Robino1 Resting in Peace ECF Veteran

3. chebird

chebird Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2013
    Western Mass
    Yes they are universal, they are 510/ego threading, you will be able to screw on just about anything. Talk to your store clerck he can show you everything, or he should be able to, and yes online is almost always cheaper, but I personally have NO good vape shop anywhere near me! the one that is a 1/2 drive from me is ridiculous expensive for what they have to offer:glare:

4. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2014
    Georgia
    I've never owned an ego twist, so I can't say for sure, but my vision spinner and my Vamo v5 accept both ego and 510 threading. I know the Itaste mvp2 does as well. My Nzonic mechanical only accepts 510, but they sell adapters for just about everything.

5. I just recently got a vamo v5 from a guy on ebay for like 60 bucks and that was with 2 batteries and a charger and free shipping and he answered a ton of questions for me before i ordered. It takes standard 510 threaded tanks like my protank 3 and evod tanks. I upgraded from a evod battery because i was just not satisfied anymore with the vapor production and knew something had to be done and it had to be my set up and it was. My advice to you would be to look at youtube at reviews of the vamo v5 or other devices and go from there. Had i known about the vamo 3 months ago when i started vaping i would have got it then and saved me some money.

6. edyle

edyle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Get anywhere from 2.0 to 2.5 ohm coils.
    But I'm not so sure what coil ohms are available for the miniprotank3.

As for a battery, you might want to pick up an mvp2; best bang for the buck in ecig batteries.

7. edyle

The miniprotanks use the eGo thread; they don't have the inherent difficulties that the 510 thread has; the 510 thread is really a cigalike size threading.

Instead of the twist or spinner, I'd recommend an itaste vv v3; it is a passthrough battery with VW.
    There is also an ego mega v3 or something but so far I haven't heard good reports about it.

The itaste vv v3 is like the kid brother to the mvp2; if you get an mvp2 you will be a happy camper and can focus your attention on what goes on top - which is the harder part really.

8. Equilibrium

Mar 20, 2014
    Georgia
    As stated above... Get the mvp2

9. edyle

You evod tanks use the eGo thread; your protank3 uses the 510 thread.

10. edyle

Actually that part you quoted was correct.

11. Dampmaskin

Dampmaskin Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 28, 2014
    Norway
    Oh. I could swear I read something completely different from what I quoted. My reading comprehension crapped out on me, it seems. Sorry.

12. Danieldaniel

Danieldaniel Full Member

Apr 5, 2014
    Raleigh
    Mine does as well, sometimes

13. im_coryy

im_coryy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2014
    USA
    i looked at the MVP2 and its ugly as .......its a box lol. are there any good batteries that keep the cylinder shape?

14. Equilibrium

Mar 20, 2014
    Georgia
    I thought the same thing too.

Have you seen it.... Held it in your hand, in person?

I didn't appreciate it's quality and potential until I did.

15. Equilibrium

Mar 20, 2014
    Georgia
    I wish a company would make a "tube" shaped mod with ALL the benefits of the APV2

16. edyle

Well the vv v3 is long like an ego battery but it is square crosssection so it wont roll off a table;

for a round VW passthrough, there's the eGo Mega V3:

[​IMG]

17. Equilibrium

Mar 20, 2014
    Georgia
    I'll make ya a deal on a Vamo v5..... Brand new, not a scratch on it!
    I really want a MVP2

18. Thank you guys for the help!

19. Help I have a rainbow vision spinner and my spinner at the bottom that controls the voltage is loosey goosey. Is there a way to fix this problem?

20. EBates

EBates Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 4, 2013
    Texas
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.