Status
Not open for further replies.

Equilibrium

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2014
Georgia
Jesse, welcome to ECF, please start your own thread, if you have unrelated questions, we are trying to work out other problems here thanks.

+1

To the OP... Have you thought about a VV battery like a Vision spinner or ego twist? They're the next step up. Or you could go with something like the Vamo or a similar devise. You wouldn't regret it in the long run

chebird

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Western Mass
so what would be recommended? something similar to the kangertech 1000mah? the whole voltage and ohm is way over my head. i guess i should research a little more.

So I have a Vision Spinner 1300Mah (ego style) battery, and with that I use Toppers like an I clear 16 (dual coil, top feed) or Kanger T2's or
any clearomizer and they work just fine, as you get going on this hobby you will discover if you like a warmer vape(top coil setup usually) or a cooler vape which you would usually get on a bottom feeder style like EVOD clearo.

Dampmaskin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
Norway
www.steam-engine.org
if you have a single 1.5 ohm coil at 4.2 volts it will pull 2.8 amps from the battery.
if you have a duel coil with an over all circuit resistance of 1.5 ohms (Two 3 ohm coils) it will 2.8 amps from the battery.

This is not correct. Neither the battery nor Ohm's law know or care about the number of resistors (coils) comprising the load circuit. The only relevant resistance value in the context of calculating the battery drain of an atomizer, is the total resistance of the atomizer.

Last edited:

Equilibrium

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2014
Georgia
This is not correct. Neither the battery nor Ohm's law know or care about the number of coils comprising the resistor element. The only relevant resistance value in the context of calculating the battery drain of an atomizer, is the total resistance of the atomizer.

I thought "the over all circuit resistance" covered that?

"Total resistance"
"Over all resistance"

That's the same, isn't it?

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
This is not correct. Neither the battery nor Ohm's law knows or cares about the number of coils comprising the resistor element. The only relevant resistance value in the context of calculating the battery drain of an atomizer, is the total resistance of the atomizer.

what not correct? looks fine to me.
Two 3 ohm coils in a parallel circuit means over all circuit resistance is 1.5 ohms.
adding parallel branches reduces over all circuit resistance.
How Adding Parallel Branches Decreases Total Resistance

im_coryy

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
USA
+1

To the OP... Have you thought about a VV battery like a Vision spinner or ego twist? They're the next step up. Or you could go with something like the Vamo or a similar devise. You wouldn't regret it in the long run

i wouldnt mind arent they a big pricy though? like 50-100$ eventually i want to get a behemoth of a vaporizer. the peopel who work at the store i go to have massive vaporizers that hold like an entire vial and blow so much vapor it makes clouds. i want one of those. no idea what they use but i want one.

im_coryy

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
USA
so what im gathering out of all this mumbo jumbo is that my set up is fine and safe. however ill probably want to upgrade my battery to somethign with a little more juice because as of right now my battery is rather tiny and the protank mini takes up alot of power, therefore ill just drain my battery sooner than what i would like, but my vaporizer wont blow up in my face....hopefully.

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
Vision spinner or ego twists are not that big. a bit bigger than your current battery but not much.
you might look into a Provari (expensive but worth every penny). a lot of people are really liking the Vamo V3. i really like Tesla. but its 3 amp limit is kind of a deal killer these days when you can get a Vamo V3 with a higher amp limit for less money.

chebird

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Western Mass
i wouldnt mind arent they a big pricy though? like 50-100$ eventually i want to get a behemoth of a vaporizer. the peopel who work at the store i go to have massive vaporizers that hold like an entire vial and blow so much vapor it makes clouds. i want one of those. no idea what they use but i want one.

No, the one Im talking about is bit larger in width, and little longer too... well mabey close to twice as long as your 650mah but its VV, and you can find them for like $20.00-25.00, less from Fasstech if you want to wait for it in the mail... :closedeyes:

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
so what im gathering out of all this mumbo jumbo is that my set up is fine and safe. however ill probably want to upgrade my battery to somethign with a little more juice because as of right now my battery is rather tiny and the protank mini takes up alot of power, therefore ill just drain my battery sooner than what i would like, but my vaporizer wont blow up in my face....hopefully.

provari mini takes up a lot of power? not sure what you mean?

Also if your current rig is safe or not really depends on how hot this thing is getting.. the title said it was getting "hot" but earler you said it was pretty warm.. if its getting uncomfortable to hold after a few drags then its getting to hot. there is rubber in the coil head that might be melting a bit.... if its getting too hot...

Equilibrium

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2014
Georgia
And you don't have to buy rechargeable batteries and a charger for the MVP. That cost adds up. My favorite devise is a mechanical with a RDA on top. Nzonic with a kayfun 3.1 clone. It blows everything else away!

But, a devise with a long battery life, VV/VW and an array of other features is great to have around.

im_coryy

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
USA
Vision spinner or ego twists are not that big. a bit bigger than your current battery but not much.
you might look into a Provari (expensive but worth every penny). a lot of people are really liking the Vamo V3. i really like Tesla. but its 3 amp limit is kind of a deal killer these days when you can get a Vamo V3 with a higher amp limit for less money.

so those are probably what i should be looking for as it would be the next step.

ive noticed that with this new found hobby you buy a starter kit, then you begin to buy parts...then after awhile those parts build vaporizers and youve got a few vaporizers to use throughtout the day

im_coryy

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
USA
so my next purchase should probably be a battery, im should be looking at buying an ego twist, vision spinner or something else? im using a kangertech or at least thats what the store carries (i prefer to purchase at the store cause i dont want to wait for the mail...aint nobody got time for that. or is it cheaper online?) i believe what im using has a 510 thread? so id like to make sure everything is compatable, would the batteries listed about or otherwise mentioned in this thread be compatable with a 510 thread? they should just make universal threading..just my 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread