The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

my vaporizer gets so hot...

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by im_coryy, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2014
    Georgia
    +1

To the OP... Have you thought about a VV battery like a Vision spinner or ego twist? They're the next step up. Or you could go with something like the Vamo or a similar devise. You wouldn't regret it in the long run

2. chebird

chebird Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2013
    Western Mass
    So I have a Vision Spinner 1300Mah (ego style) battery, and with that I use Toppers like an I clear 16 (dual coil, top feed) or Kanger T2's or
    any clearomizer and they work just fine, as you get going on this hobby you will discover if you like a warmer vape(top coil setup usually) or a cooler vape which you would usually get on a bottom feeder style like EVOD clearo.

3. chebird

Nov 21, 2013
    Western Mass
    Haha, Equil, you beat me to it!:laugh:

4. Dampmaskin

Dampmaskin Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 28, 2014
    Norway
    This is not correct. Neither the battery nor Ohm's law know or care about the number of resistors (coils) comprising the load circuit. The only relevant resistance value in the context of calculating the battery drain of an atomizer, is the total resistance of the atomizer.

5. Equilibrium

Mar 20, 2014
    Georgia

I thought "the over all circuit resistance" covered that?

"Total resistance"
    "Over all resistance"

That's the same, isn't it?

6. happydave

happydave Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    what not correct? looks fine to me.
    Two 3 ohm coils in a parallel circuit means over all circuit resistance is 1.5 ohms.
    adding parallel branches reduces over all circuit resistance.
    How Adding Parallel Branches Decreases Total Resistance

7. happydave

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    yes it did..

8. im_coryy

im_coryy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2014
    USA
    i wouldnt mind arent they a big pricy though? like 50-100$ eventually i want to get a behemoth of a vaporizer. the peopel who work at the store i go to have massive vaporizers that hold like an entire vial and blow so much vapor it makes clouds. i want one of those. no idea what they use but i want one.

9. im_coryy

Apr 1, 2014
    USA
    so what im gathering out of all this mumbo jumbo is that my set up is fine and safe. however ill probably want to upgrade my battery to somethign with a little more juice because as of right now my battery is rather tiny and the protank mini takes up alot of power, therefore ill just drain my battery sooner than what i would like, but my vaporizer wont blow up in my face....hopefully.

10. happydave

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    Vision spinner or ego twists are not that big. a bit bigger than your current battery but not much.
    you might look into a Provari (expensive but worth every penny). a lot of people are really liking the Vamo V3. i really like Tesla. but its 3 amp limit is kind of a deal killer these days when you can get a Vamo V3 with a higher amp limit for less money.

11. Equilibrium

Mar 20, 2014
    Georgia
    No... You can pick up a Vision spinner for $20. A Vamo will be around $50 or so BUT I would strongly look into the Itaste mvp2. I wish I would have gotten that instead of my Vamo v5

12. chebird

Nov 21, 2013
    Western Mass
    No, the one Im talking about is bit larger in width, and little longer too... well mabey close to twice as long as your 650mah but its VV, and you can find them for like $20.00-25.00, less from Fasstech if you want to wait for it in the mail... :closedeyes:

13. happydave

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    provari mini takes up a lot of power? not sure what you mean?

Also if your current rig is safe or not really depends on how hot this thing is getting.. the title said it was getting "hot" but earler you said it was pretty warm.. if its getting uncomfortable to hold after a few drags then its getting to hot. there is rubber in the coil head that might be melting a bit.... if its getting too hot...

14. chebird

Nov 21, 2013
    Western Mass
    +1 for the MVP2 rugged, versatile, 2700mah on Ebay for around $45 cant go wrong.

15. Equilibrium

Mar 20, 2014
    Georgia
    And you don't have to buy rechargeable batteries and a charger for the MVP. That cost adds up. My favorite devise is a mechanical with a RDA on top. Nzonic with a kayfun 3.1 clone. It blows everything else away!

But, a devise with a long battery life, VV/VW and an array of other features is great to have around.

16. im_coryy

Apr 1, 2014
    USA
    so those are probably what i should be looking for as it would be the next step.

ive noticed that with this new found hobby you buy a starter kit, then you begin to buy parts...then after awhile those parts build vaporizers and youve got a few vaporizers to use throughtout the day

17. Equilibrium

Mar 20, 2014
    Georgia
    The starters are just that... Bottom of the barrel, starter kits. Everything else is up. I found that it starts with the battery and then I ran into RDA's

18. im_coryy

Apr 1, 2014
    USA
    so my next purchase should probably be a battery, im should be looking at buying an ego twist, vision spinner or something else? im using a kangertech or at least thats what the store carries (i prefer to purchase at the store cause i dont want to wait for the mail...aint nobody got time for that. or is it cheaper online?) i believe what im using has a 510 thread? so id like to make sure everything is compatable, would the batteries listed about or otherwise mentioned in this thread be compatable with a 510 thread? they should just make universal threading..just my 2 cents

19. chebird

Nov 21, 2013
    Western Mass
    Can any of you guys see my banner? dont know why its not showing up.

20. im_coryy

Apr 1, 2014
    USA
    also thank you everyone for the help and your replies. its nice to know ill be alive to vape tomorrow because my new protank mini 3 wont be killing me any time soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.