My Version of the NicoStik... Manual 510!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Well here it is my 1st Battery mod for the Manual 510... its 3"x2"x1" Has a primary power switch with LED to let you know its on and a Manual Switch for when you want to vape... It uses 1 Protected Rechargable 3.6v 14500 AA size for power and it works great...

IMG00048.jpg IMG00049.jpg IMG00050.jpg

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Nice. Does the light stay on then it is switched on? How much better vapor does this produce compared to the reg batteries?

Yes its a low voltage LED in the switch so it doesnt draw a lot of power and stays lit to make sure you know its on and ready to go... the purpose of the double switch is mostly so I can throw it around stuff it a bag or pocket and keep it from vaping on its own... more of a safety switch than anything... and because I use a single 3.6 volt battery the Vapor production is same it was built for longer battery life not more power...

Last edited:

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Mrkrinkle you could at least have stopped vaping for a while before you took those photo's, we can hardly see through the fog! lol.......just kidding ...it looks great.

Im sorry... but but I just finished building it... I couldnt help myself...
but actually its just the best photo quality I can get from a 1yr old Blackberry Curve...

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
I just got my 510 today and I'm planning on doing this tonight. Did you use a 401 atomizer for the connector? (Its a perfect fit)

No Sir I just gutted a dead battery from the 510... after 3 months I finally had a battery die on me so I said what the hell waste not want not and poof the lil black box o vape was made...

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Nice Job Mrkrinkle.

Looks Very Clean & Also A Solid Build With The Heavy Duty Switches.

~Keep Vapin~!

Thank You Sir... yes this ones a tank I can drop this one and itll survive I didnt post a pic of it without the atty & cart but without them hooked in everything is flush and nothing can fall off... the box itself is very thick all switches are solid and snug fit all wire connections are soldered and heat shrink protected so no chance for shorts and what not no loose conections here...

paise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
That's nice. I want one of those Cigarette Boxes that recharges the battery sticks for the Janty Dura-C but the downside is that the review I heard said one has to unscrew the battery when it's charged or it will run down the battery within the pack.

Now please tell me what ..... engineer was unable to come up with a way to switch off the battery section that was at a full charge, leave the battery stick still charging on, then flip it off when it's fully charged so one doesn't open their pack to learn that not only is their pack lost its charge but both batteries or how ever many it holds have lost all their charge too? I just wonder about some of those engineers sometimes. It seems that the average Joe with some commonsense (you are in that group of people) can come up with a perfectly working product without a 4-year degree in master engineering yet those working to design these packs can't do the same thing you did using spare parts and a little know-how. Maybe they need you to go teach a few classes for them so they can learn to think in that manner.

Kudos for the mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread