The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

My Version of the NicoStik... Manual 510!!!

Discussion in 'Battery Mods' started by MrKrinkle, Jun 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MrKrinkle

MrKrinkle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Well here it is my 1st Battery Mod for the Manual 510... its 3"x2"x1" Has a primary power switch with LED to let you know its on and a Manual Switch for when you want to Vape... It uses 1 Protected Rechargable 3.6v 14500 AA size for power and it works great...

IMG00048.jpg IMG00049.jpg IMG00050.jpg

2. effigi

effigi Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 1, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nice. Does the light stay on then it is switched on? How much better vapor does this produce compared to the reg batteries?

3. Sun Vaporer

Sun Vaporer Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2009
    Florida
    Nice looking unit Mr. Krinkle--I like the LED Switch as an addition. The 14500 really is a great battery. Good Job!!--------------Sun

4. MrKrinkle

Feb 13, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Yes its a low voltage LED in the switch so it doesnt draw a lot of power and stays lit to make sure you know its on and ready to go... the purpose of the double switch is mostly so I can throw it around stuff it a bag or pocket and keep it from vaping on its own... more of a safety switch than anything... and because I use a single 3.6 volt battery the Vapor production is same it was built for longer battery life not more power...

5. surbitonPete

surbitonPete Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2009
    North Yorkshire UK
    Mrkrinkle you could at least have stopped vaping for a while before you took those photo's, we can hardly see through the fog! lol.......just kidding ...it looks great.

6. MrKrinkle

Feb 13, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    TY Sun appreciate the thumbs up....

7. MrKrinkle

Feb 13, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Im sorry... but but I just finished building it... I couldnt help myself...
    but actually its just the best photo quality I can get from a 1yr old Blackberry Curve...

8. Paradiso

Paradiso Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 19, 2009
    MA - USA
    I just got my 510 today and I'm planning on doing this tonight. Did you use a 401 atomizer for the connector? (Its a perfect fit)

9. MrKrinkle

Feb 13, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    No Sir I just gutted a dead battery from the 510... after 3 months I finally had a battery die on me so I said what the hell waste not want not and poof the lil black box o vape was made...

10. Cellmeister

Cellmeister Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 3, 2009
    Beantown, USA
    Nice Job Mrkrinkle.

Looks Very Clean & Also A Solid Build With The Heavy Duty Switches.

~Keep Vapin~!

11. MrKrinkle

Feb 13, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Thank You Sir... yes this ones a tank I can drop this one and itll survive I didnt post a pic of it without the atty & cart but without them hooked in everything is flush and nothing can fall off... the box itself is very thick all switches are solid and snug fit all wire connections are soldered and heat shrink protected so no chance for shorts and what not no loose conections here...

12. SmokinScott

SmokinScott Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 21, 2009
    Acton MA, USA
    Great job!

Do you have a wireing diagram?

13. TBDesigns

TBDesigns Full Member

Jun 10, 2009
  14. need_2quit

need_2quit Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2009
    usa
    where do you guys get those cool little mod boxes? my husband doesn't vape but will make me a mod if I get him the parts.

radio shack?

you guys are very inventive. I'm a packrat, so when parts die, I want to recycle them to keep them going :)

15. FRESH x913x

FRESH x913x Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 28, 2009
    Canon city, CO
    looks awesome! i really like that box, care to share where you got it?

need_2quit radio shack has everything to build a box but the trustfire batteries. make sure you get the momentary switch like the one in the picture. the little switches suck and give me nothing but problems

16. four2109

four2109 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2009
    S. Indiana
    Nice. Looks rugged. So, how long do those batteries last?

17. Bigbob

Bigbob Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2009
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Very nice!! The shape, from a distance kind of reminds me of an older cell phone, just add a belt clip. I'll have to rummage and see if I have one to use as a case...

18. magscredit

magscredit Full Member

19. paise

paise Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 9, 2009
    That's nice. I want one of those Cigarette Boxes that recharges the battery sticks for the Janty Dura-C but the downside is that the review I heard said one has to unscrew the battery when it's charged or it will run down the battery within the pack.

Now please tell me what ..... engineer was unable to come up with a way to switch off the battery section that was at a full charge, leave the battery stick still charging on, then flip it off when it's fully charged so one doesn't open their pack to learn that not only is their pack lost its charge but both batteries or how ever many it holds have lost all their charge too? I just wonder about some of those engineers sometimes. It seems that the average Joe with some commonsense (you are in that group of people) can come up with a perfectly working product without a 4-year degree in master engineering yet those working to design these packs can't do the same thing you did using spare parts and a little know-how. Maybe they need you to go teach a few classes for them so they can learn to think in that manner.

Kudos for the mod!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.