• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

My Very First "From Scratch" DiD Clone Setup - A Show'n'Tell Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmypc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
GTA, ON
Tyger, your coils are beautiful!!

I thought I was doing alright but this is straight out of the box for the zap at 3.8v

zap.jpg

Perfection...

(Well, almost - the bottom coil needs a bit of poking but I am not worthy!!!)

Also, seems like they are going 'chicy' on their kanthal wire - it came in a thread spool

Crusnik W03

Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Toronto, ON, Canada
uh? come with? nothing came with my DiD from Canvape..... and beware.... the picture shows a nice steel driptip on a stainless steel finish clone, but mine arrived with a black delrin tip on a chrome DiD. Mine was the standalone though. The kit pictures mesh and wire but I don't know if it includes both tanks or not. Best to send an email and be very very specific with your questions. The kit is cute, but I wouldn't pay an extra $10 for a pretty tin, and some mesh and wire. Just sayin'...

I ordered the stand alone and it states on the description that it's full stainless steel unit! Did you get in touch with Adam or Tom about this? I hope I'm not in for a bad surprise when I pick up tomorrow :blink:

Last edited:

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
I ordered the stand alone and it states on the description that it's full stainless steel unit! Did you get in touch with Adam or Tom about this? I hope I'm not in for a bad surprise when I pick up tomorrow :blink:

Well perhaps the latest ones are SS. I hope you're happy with what you get. I'm not totally dissatisfied, I just would have preferred stainless steel.

Crusnik W03

Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Toronto, ON, Canada
Well perhaps the latest ones are SS. I hope you're happy with what you get. I'm not totally dissatisfied, I just would have preferred stainless steel.

Well it is the same as you got, black drip tip and an allen key in a little sealed green bag. I noticed that the air hole is perfectly aligned with the wick out of the box. I don't think it's stainless but for the price it's not a biggy... but not cool either.

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
Well, the hole and wick aligning is a nice thing for you. Mine isn't, but I just leave it a little loose. The seal keeps it snug enough that it's workable for me. My advice is don't go by the photos, read the descriptions very very carefully, and if there is the slightest doubt, email for clarification. Hope you really enjoy the vape! I was underwhelmed by the "factory setup" (short wick!) but now that I have started from scratch and have a good coil going, I'm lovin' the vape. It's a great atomizer to start with.

BrianCig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2012
Canada
Hi! I just ordered mine from canvape and it should be arriving next week.

One question: when you get a short, what happens and how do I know it shorted? I'm a bit scared coz I'll be using it on my Vamo and hopefully the short-circuit protection works coz I wouldn't want it exploding in my face! :oops:

Don't worry it won't explode. I also have a vamo and the same Did clone as tyger has. If you have a short the Vamo simply won't fire.

DuaneNeveu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
That's awesome Tyger.

I've tried 3 or 4 times but haven't gotten away from a hot top coil yet, although I'm using the drill bit method.

I think I'll try with a paper clip next and wrap my coil directly onto the wick. I'm not sure when I'll try again, because after my last attempt I decided to rifle everything into a box until I calmed down...it's been three days so far and let's just say that I won't be trying again today. We'll see about tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread