The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

My Very First "From Scratch" DiD Clone Setup - A Show'n'Tell Thread

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by tygertyger, Dec 21, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. recidivus

recidivus Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 20, 2012
    Canada
    Juggy sells 32Kanthal and SS mesh (#400 is out of stock tho) also.

2. struckus

struckus Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    sweet thanks did not know that..still need 400 though..JR does free shipping on mesh n wire so it's no biggy when he reopens..

3. Starrlamia

Starrlamia Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 25, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Nice job tyger! I am jealous, I tried twice today to make a coil and failed Haha, I'll get there.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

4. tygertyger

tygertyger Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oh don't feel bad starrla.... the other night I popped three in a row before I made a winner lol.... you'll get it

5. gmypc

gmypc Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 16, 2012
    GTA, ON
    Tyger, your coils are beautiful!!

I thought I was doing alright but this is straight out of the box for the zap at 3.8v

zap.jpg

Perfection...

(Well, almost - the bottom coil needs a bit of poking but I am not worthy!!!)

Also, seems like they are going 'chicy' on their kanthal wire - it came in a thread spool

6. Crusnik W03

Crusnik W03 Senior Member Verified Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    I ordered the stand alone and it states on the description that it's full stainless steel unit! Did you get in touch with Adam or Tom about this? I hope I'm not in for a bad surprise when I pick up tomorrow :blink:

7. tygertyger

Well perhaps the latest ones are SS. I hope you're happy with what you get. I'm not totally dissatisfied, I just would have preferred stainless steel.

8. Crusnik W03

Crusnik W03 Senior Member Verified Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Well it is the same as you got, black drip tip and an allen key in a little sealed green bag. I noticed that the air hole is perfectly aligned with the wick out of the box. I don't think it's stainless but for the price it's not a biggy... but not cool either.

9. tygertyger

Well, the hole and wick aligning is a nice thing for you. Mine isn't, but I just leave it a little loose. The seal keeps it snug enough that it's workable for me. My advice is don't go by the photos, read the descriptions very very carefully, and if there is the slightest doubt, email for clarification. Hope you really enjoy the vape! I was underwhelmed by the "factory setup" (short wick!) but now that I have started from scratch and have a good coil going, I'm lovin' the vape. It's a great atomizer to start with.

10. praetor91313

praetor91313 Full Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Hi! I just ordered mine from canvape and it should be arriving next week.

One question: when you get a short, what happens and how do I know it shorted? I'm a bit scared coz I'll be using it on my Vamo and hopefully the short-circuit protection works coz I wouldn't want it exploding in my face! :oops:

11. BrianCig

BrianCig Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 30, 2012
    Canada
    Don't worry it won't explode. I also have a vamo and the same Did clone as tyger has. If you have a short the Vamo simply won't fire.

12. praetor91313

praetor91313 Full Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
  13. DuaneNeveu

DuaneNeveu Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    That's awesome Tyger.

I've tried 3 or 4 times but haven't gotten away from a hot top coil yet, although I'm using the drill bit method.

I think I'll try with a paper clip next and wrap my coil directly onto the wick. I'm not sure when I'll try again, because after my last attempt I decided to rifle everything into a box until I calmed down...it's been three days so far and let's just say that I won't be trying again today. We'll see about tomorrow...

14. fourtytwo

fourtytwo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Toronto
    I find it is much easier to wrap an even coil on the SS wick before inserting into the device.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.