My Von Erl--Blu

Status
Not open for further replies.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I wanted to update smoked25years and others. I still feel that the Blue Pod feels like a toy but it is a useful vape -- especially for folks that are just transitioning from analogs to e-cigarettes. I could see a newbie having 2 or more and even having these units tucked away in different places. Knowing me, I would lose the blu because it is fairly small so if I was using this system regularly I would absolutely have a few.

My main complaint was that I had to suck way hard to get any vapor. That is true but once you do it produces a decent amount of vapor. I think even when I smoked analogs I did not like such a tight draw so that is why I have joked that I am now a lazy vaper. For my current setup I just have to draw lightly and I get a great flavor-filled vape.

I choked almost each time I drew hard on the blu and am not crazy about the Gold Leaf flavor.

When I first quit, I started with store-bought stuff and I think my experience would have much better back then if there were products like these.

Still not for me as an everyday vape but I could see using it in certain circumstances.

So I do not want to turn anyone off to it

Last edited:

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Always good to hear lots of experiences and opinions. Although we have different preferences on the draw, our opinions are similar. I also dumped the liquid. And I would not use the myblu as an every day vape. It may suit others. The current deals for new customers give smokers a chance to try vaping for $1. Maybe that will get more folks off of cigarettes since there's not much investment. Personally, I prefer the Juul but it is more expensive to try. And unfortunately they don't offer pods with lower concentrations of nicotine. If they offered 2.5%, I'd probably still be using the Juul. But they don't and I now how 12 pod devices and boxes full of liquids with different flavors and concentrations of nicotine --haha! My current go to devices are the Suorin Drop and Smok Infinix. I use 25 mg/ml salts in the Drop. And I use lower concentrations of free base nicotine in the Infinix to wean myself off.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
For $1 it was hard to resist. Received delivery today, so far so good. I am not sure if it's me pulling to hard as I am used to V2 but some liquid drops get to my mouth every third pull.

Had that happen a couple of times with the Myblu. I also assumed that I was pulling to hard and a lighter draw seem to minimize it. You might need to take the pod out and blow into it to clear the chimney if it's gunked up. On the Juul, there are cotton strips that absorb any spit back but other manufacturers haven't copied that feature.

Anast

Apr 23, 2018
Had that happen a couple of times with the Myblu. I also assumed that I was pulling to hard and a lighter draw seem to minimize it. You might need to take the pod out and blow into it to clear the chimney if it's gunked up. On the Juul, there are cotton strips that absorb any spit back but other manufacturers haven't copied that feature.

Worked well. I've lost a little bit of liquid but experience is much better now. Thank you smoked25years

APA1

Apr 12, 2018
Can't go wrong with the price. I didn't enjoy the one I had. Too much spit back. The pod wouldn't securely snap back into place. A little loose. Maybe I got a bad one.
Either way, for the price it can't hurt to have one of these as a backup if you have an issue with your main device.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I could see them being useful as backups or a stealth vape. I imagine their shelf life is not that great, though in terms of how long the device would last, especially if the battery sits a long time.

I also consider almost any vape product better than smoking but some of them not as much.

I wonder why they're being offered at such a steep discount, but then, I wonder that a lot, sometimes, about vaping stuff and etc. Maybe they want to match the Juul in terms of popularity as far as gas station cigalikes? Last I heard, the Juul was far and away selling more units.

I will say, if those were my only option, I'd probably select the Juul, seems a lot of folks are making that choice lately.

Anna

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
I have one. The good thing about it, is if you register the battery, there is a life time warranty on the battery. You can also get different flavors on the website than you can at retail. I like the classic tobacco, not sure why they replaced that with the gold leaf.

Last edited:
I could see them being useful as backups or a stealth vape. I imagine their shelf life is not that great, though in terms of how long the device would last, especially if the battery sits a long time.

I also consider almost any vape product better than smoking but some of them not as much.

I wonder why they're being offered at such a steep discount, but then, I wonder that a lot, sometimes, about vaping stuff and etc. Maybe they want to match the Juul in terms of popularity as far as gas station cigalikes? Last I heard, the Juul was far and away selling more units.

I will say, if those were my only option, I'd probably select the Juul, seems a lot of folks are making that choice lately.

Anna
Truth is. I've tried the JUUL and the Bo.
Finding I like them, but the pods just dont hold up to refilling...
Seeking the magical ones that will, if they exist, and for a buck... yeh, can't really go wrong, lol.
That said, I wish I could get the same kind of mtl hit on my squonks, with 50mg, but I realistically don't think that's at all possible... and is most likely extraordinarily dangerous.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
I received my $1 MyBlu today. Let it charge and threw the included Gold Leaf pod on it. I've gotta say that for $1, it's very good. I even like the flavor. The battery won't tolerate long hard draws, but it's pretty sweet for something that feels like a small magic marker!
Charles

Recieved mine today, and I like.
Not fond of the gold leaf flavor (that got dumped right quick).
Refilling is both possible and relatively easy. Rewicking should be a breeze as well...
Then there's flavor... refilled mine with some salt bae green apple 50mg. The flavor is phenomenal for a pod system. Blows my bo out of the water, and juul doesnt taste this good either.
Color me converted. This is what I wanted out of an ecig all along. Flavor. Size. Convenience. Nice smooth throat hit despite extremely high nic.
Only downsides are leaky pod issues, although I've yet to experience them, occasional spitting, and battery life could be better.
Go figure big tobacco bought the rights to a decent system. And letting them out of the gate at $1 each is a pretty smart move.
Strongly recommend, 8/10.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
My Blu starter kits are 1.00 plus tax at retail now in stores that have them.

I just hit up my local Walgreens and they are marked $19.99. Maybe they ring up at $1.00? I figured that since they weren't marketing the promotion, my store isn't participating.

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
The my Blu isn't a bad product in my opinion, its not amazing or anything but it's relatively well built for something you can pick up at just about any gas station. Although these devices are so small and lite I feel like that gives them an advantage of being less easily broken in a fall than heavier devices. I personally use one of these at work because I don't really care if it goes flying down a roof or I drop it off a ladder or something of that nature. Ive actually had this happen already a couple times without indecent. If it comes down to the worst I can just pick up another one after work and ill be good for the next day.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I use a mod but did get the $1 offer - I pried the bottom off and filled it with my own juice which was easy and vaped on it to test it out. Then I charged it. It's been sitting for a few weeks. I had to go out for a few and grabbed my cell phone and put this in the cell phone pouch. It fit and is still going so it is great for a backup. Mine gives off a decent amount of vapor so although it is stealh-y in size, I do not think I could vape on it in public without anyone noticing.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread