My Von Erl--Blu

Status
Not open for further replies.

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Port Huron, MI, USA
Store by my house (and the website) has these for a dollar per starter kit. I have about 5 of them right now lol. Been buying them and handing them out to friends also. (I also owned the von erl). Not bad at all imo use it for work and does what i need it to do. Refill pods usually 3 or 4 times with nic salt. My favorite pod system besides the boulder (which i quit using because getting pods is a pain compared to being able to stop in just about any store in my city and find plenty of blu pods).

For me I guess what makes it a win is it works semi decent, dirt cheap, and I can get pods in most gas stations and stores around my house and work. Plus the von erl pods were half off when this started to arrive on shelfs friend of mine and I went and bought a bunch of the cuttwood pods for 4 bucks a box :).

Always will prefer my big vape at home but on the go and at work thing is a champ.

Reactions: stols001

VladK16

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Toledo, OH USA
I did a rewick with one of these Blu pods. Very simple to do, and the flavor and vapor production improved. I did a simple dry burn of the coil by putting the pod back in the enclosure without the wick and did about 5 pulls on it. Although I do prefer the Boulder Rock over the Blu, the Blu is easier to rebuild (yes, you can rebuild the Rocks but it is a PITA), plus I picked up 10 of the kits from the local store so I'm set up for awhile with the Blus.

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
I know this thread is a bit old, but I just tried this device for the first time, and wow.

I successfully quit smoking with vaping for over 4 years, but never truly found a device that was perfect for me. I went through the usual cigalike, ego, box mod progression until I settled on the eRoll as the closest to what I was looking for. But that device had issues like all the others I tried and the parts became really hard to find, and eventually I was smoking again instead of fooling with any of it.

I randomly saw the My Blu in a smoke shop, for $1 and noticed it looked exactly like the My Von Erl that I’ve seen around and reminded me of the Juul which is obviously so popular, and thought, why not.

I haven’t had a cigarette in two days, and this device is close to perfect for me. The size/shape/weight of it really works for me, the hit is great and not too much for a tootle puffer like me, while being really satisfying, and the Gold Leaf that comes with the kit tastes like a great 555 from the old days to me. Two batteries and pods last me all day, and the best part is at $1, I of course went and bought several backups.

The only downside I can find is a little juice in the mouth sometimes, and of course the pods could add up. But if I can refill them a couple times each (looking forward to finding a great RY4 again), it doesn’t seem too bad. And yeah, this might start the old shinyitis up and I may end up trying a bunch of pod mods, but hey, I’m happily vaping again and that’s what matters.

Never thought I’d have Blu to thank for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread