My Von Erl--Blu

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
Looks like Blu now owns the My von erl. Saw a space at Walgreens set for it. The space said, von erl by Blu. Interesting. If I remember correctly, the kit is going to be 19.99 and a 2 pack of Blu flavored pods will be 8.99. I also read somewhere that altria (Marlboro) bought the cync. At least Blu will have a decent product finally lol.

Reactions: stols001

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
Bump lol

I wasn't aware until yesterday. I stopped at Walgreens and noticed MVE boxes with Blu slapped on the box. I'm actually really happy about this. The MVE is, IMO, the best pod based system. Juul has become hit or miss per pod junk that's crazy overpriced and all the others I have tried give burnt hits or bad flavor. I love Blu favors and now I can get MVE pods on my way home from work too (awesomeness!) ...still just as easy to refil as well.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Bump lol

I wasn't aware until yesterday. I stopped at Walgreens and noticed MVE boxes with Blu slapped on the box. I'm actually really happy about this. The MVE is, IMO, the best pod based system. Juul has become hit or miss per pod junk that's crazy overpriced and all the others I have tried give burnt hits or bad flavor. I love Blu favors and now I can get MVE pods on my way home from work too (awesomeness!) ...still just as easy to refil as well.
Yeah. They got bought by big tobacco and suddenly they turn to crap. It’s happened before. It repetitively awes me how incompetent those folks are at the actual business of making stuff. Of course they didn’t have to do anything new except print boxes for a hundred years so one would expect a bit of ineptitude, but the manufacturing incompetence seems to have bored too cripplingly deep. It’s been over a decade and they can’t seem to get their thumb out.

• Agree

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
I don't know about any of that but I can share this bit of news ... My go to online shop for MVE pods now only has all the great and various flavors in nicotine free and saying discontinued. I would assume that now you are only able to purchase pods with Blu flavors. Though I like the flavors, I'm not thrilled. I wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to not allow us to refill ... though on the Blu website it says you can.

• Optimistic

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I don't know about any of that but I can share this bit of news ... My go to online shop for MVE pods now only has all the great and various flavors in nicotine free and saying discontinued. I would assume that now you are only able to purchase pods with Blu flavors. Though I like the flavors, I'm not thrilled. I wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to not allow us to refill ... though on the Blu website it says you can.
It’s not impossible. Iirc there’s a little rubber plug that really likes to rip in half on the bottom of each pod. You can stick a needle tip bottle through the hole and refill the pod. You don’t want to force the juice in too fast or it will come out the air holes

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018

I can confirm that the pods can be taken apart from the bottom.

Got the myblu starter kit with 5 pods for $5 plus tax shipped. It's also available for $1 with only 1 pod. The nicotine concentration wasn't well suited for me. They offer 1.2% or 2.4%. I also didn't like the taste. I took a couple puffs and and then dumped the liquid and replaced it with Mr Salt E which I enjoyed much more.

The device works okay. As a smoker who just switched to vaping, I like the ciga-like shape, of course. The draw is similar to the Juul. It is much more consistent than the Juul and the vapor production is better than the Juul also. There is some spit back with the prefilled pods as well as after I refilled them with my own liquid.

Although I was able to refill them, I didn't see it advertised as refillable on the website. Maybe I missed it. The design really isn't ideal for refilling. And the pods are a bit leaky. I only see filled pods on the website. Unless that changes, I probably wouldn't continue to use the device once my pods burn out.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I can confirm that the pods can be taken apart from the bottom.

Got the myblu starter kit with 5 pods for $5 plus tax shipped. It's also available for $1 with only 1 pod. The nicotine concentration wasn't well suited for me. They offer 1.2% or 2.4%. I also didn't like the taste. I took a couple puffs and and then dumped the liquid and replaced it with Mr Salt E which I enjoyed much more.

The device works okay. As a smoker who just switched to vaping, I like the ciga-like shape, of course. The draw is similar to the Juul. It is much more consistent than the Juul and the vapor production is better than the Juul also. There is some spit back with the prefilled pods as well as after I refilled them with my own liquid.

Although I was able to refill them, I didn't see it advertised as refillable on the website. Maybe I missed it. The design really isn't ideal for refilling. And the pods are a bit leaky. I only see filled pods on the website. Unless that changes, I probably wouldn't continue to use the device once my pods burn out.
I have been vaping for 6.5 years - was a very heavy smoker. I started out with egos and Vuse and now use a Kanger toptank mini with .3 or less nicotine and love it. I saw an ad for the Blu Pods Starter kit for $1.00 and could not resist. Thought I would try it and if it was OK I could keep it as an emergency backup.

Did not like it at all. I can see where some people may like the shape but it felt like a toy to me and I have to use all my lung power just to get a hit on it.

I was not impressed with it at all.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I have been vaping for 6.5 years - was a very heavy smoker. I started out with egos and Vuse and now use a Kanger toptank mini with .3 or less nicotine and love it. I saw an ad for the Blu Pods Starter kit for $1.00 and could not resist. Thought I would try it and if it was OK I could keep it as an emergency backup.

Did not like it at all. I can see where some people may like the shape but it felt like a toy to me and I have to use all my lung power just to get a hit on it.

I was not impressed with it at all.

I agree the myblu does have a build quality similar to a toy. None of these things are very sophisticated devices... just a battery heating up a coil... with a few basic electrical safety features built into the circuit. Personal preferences vary. Some will like restricted pulls and others won't. The pull on the MyBlu is more open than the Suorin Drop so you wouldn't like that device, but I find the restricted pull on the Drop to be very close to that of a cigarette and love it. I can appreciate that some enjoy cloud chasing but for me big clouds is not at all desirable. I also enjoy beer and I'll drink it from a bottle but I have no interest in diluting a beer in a gallon of nonalcoholic beer and then chugging it through a funnel and tube--haha. Others crave big clouds. Every one has their own preferences and reasons for vaping. My intention is to wean myself off nicotine and then quit vaping. I won't ever go back to smoking cigarettes since switching was really easy for me (even after smoking 25 years) but whether or not I can quit nicotine for good is another story. Time will tell. Others want to continue vaping.

Here's a Youtube video from a guy who prefers pod systems instead of sub ohm vaping. He compares the Smok Infinix and Suorin Drop and describes why he prefers a pod system to a box mod. His preferences are pretty close to my own. But others may prefer sub ohm vaping. Presently there are lots of choices available for every taste and I hope it continues to be that way.

Last edited:

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I agree the myblu does have a build quality similar to a toy. None of these things are very sophisticated devices... just a battery heating up a coil... with a few basic electrical safety features built into the circuit. Personal preferences vary. Some will like restricted pulls and others won't. The pull on the MyBlu is more open than the Suorin Drop so you wouldn't like that device, but I find the restricted ....

Good Video. Funny thing is I am not a cloud chaser. Even when I first started vaping I found I had to really puff hard. I finally found something good and satisfying for me. You are right - everyone has different tastes. I did puff on the blu very hard and got a decent vape but did not like the flavor or strength and the pod is leaking. I was charging it on its side so maybe that's why. I think I will attempt to refill one of them and keep it in my purse as a backup. I guess I like an airy type of vape because on my Kanger I keep the airflow almost fully open and get a decent amount of vape. Maybe I am a lazy vaper...lol.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Good Video. Funny thing is I am not a cloud chaser. Even when I first started vaping I found I had to really puff hard. I finally found something good and satisfying for me. You are right - everyone has different tastes. I did puff on the blu very hard and got a decent vape but did not like the flavor or strength and the pod is leaking. I was charging it on its side so maybe that's why. I think I will attempt to refill one of them and keep it in my purse as a backup. I guess I like an airy type of vape because on my Kanger I keep the airflow almost fully open and get a decent amount of vape. Maybe I am a lazy vaper...lol.

Haha! I think I'm also a lazy vapor since I don't want to have to mess with coils and such. Also, I hate the feel of loose cotton... gives me chills when pulling apart a cotton ball... I'm an odd one!

If you keep it in your purse, you might put it in a small zip lock bag. I don't find it necessary with other pod systems but the myblu pods leak really bad.

I found that I can open the pods up without causing any damage by using a tweezer at the little notch on the side. The cover pops off easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread