My wife still can't quit analogs....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahzh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2012
Malaysia
I've stopped analogs immediately after I've got my PV. I've asked my wife to give up analogs and just vape. I even bought her iTaste VV for a start. She enjoyed it for a while with a mix fruit ejuice, but still can't give up :( All other flavors I've bought she don't like it, its either too strong or taste like medicine for her. I seriously one her to quit analogs...any suggestions? Thanks.

Maybe she needs a good tobacoo flavor that is sweet though with added flavor notes. Lots of good flavors out there. Bobba's Bounty from avejuice.com, Sweetleaf from mtnvapor.com, Grumpy's Hooch sandsmods.com..... the list goes on but those are some of my favorites that have rave reviews. Defenitely browse the e liquids section and read some reviews on tobacco flavors. Good luck!

Kytrix

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC
It doesn't sound so much like a problem with nic strength if she just doesn't like what she's vaping because the taste is strong or disagreeable. Are you using different manufacturers and types of flavors? Or since the device is a VV, maybe try lowering the voltage? Another thing to try might be changing the PG/VG ratios.

It took me a while to find a taste I liked, and some take longer than others. Everyone has different tastes, so she shouldn't be too concerned.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Hi Shahz,
She has to want to quit really. You can try some different flavors from different vendors and see if it grows on her more. Sounds like maybe the vendors flavors aren't her thing. But... if some-one wants to quit smoking they get motivated to try different flavors - know what I mean? Maybe get a few different fruit flavors, and see if it grows on her a bit more.

opal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
ya might want to get a small bottle of unflavored juice to try.
and I agree with the rest .. first trick to quitting is wanting to

although.. I didn't know I wanted to - I knew hubby HAD to or his surgeon wouldn't remodel his stump (veteran... amputee) so I ordered gear for me also - to support him and whadddaya know.. I love vaping!

If the unflavored doesn't do the trick and she really does want to quit - get away from the fruit flavors. I have not found one I like at all.. if it were just fruits - I'd be back on the analogs immediatly. Whipped cream is my favorite

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
y
If the unflavored doesn't do the trick and she really does want to quit - get away from the fruit flavors. I have not found one I like at all.. if it were just fruits - I'd be back on the analogs immediatly. Whipped cream is my favorite

Juice taste is subjective though. The only flavor she has liked was a fruit one. Some people really like fruit flavors - so I would not say to stay away from them. If anything - try a few more.

epage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Eastern North Carolina
I agree wholeheartedly with having to want to quit... and I also agree with the statements about the flavors...

I am encouraging my gentleman friend towards vaping from analogs and the only thing that seems to have his attention thus far is Dark Horse from HHV. That and the Pirates Booty from HHV might be something your spouse would like. Only thing is, they both need a little bit of steep time to really bring out the flavor... Try picking up a couple of small bottles, one of each, and putting them up for steeping for a two weeks before introducing them to her.

Shahzh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2012
Malaysia
Thanks everyone for the replies...I still have hope for her to quit. Anyway the nicotine mg varies, the fruit flavor 12mg, RY4 18mg (too strong for her) and a few more others. Yesterday I've bought 'Jade Tiger' 6mg I like it but she doesn't.

I guess wanting to quit that makes the difference...even my kids keep asking her 'why can't you be like dad?'. Really hope she quit soon. Thanks again..appreciate it.

opal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Juice taste is subjective though. The only flavor she has liked was a fruit one. Some people really like fruit flavors - so I would not say to stay away from them. If anything - try a few more.

oops.. my bad.. I read that wrong.. I thought it was the fruity ones that tasted mediciny to her.. must still be a quart low on coffee here

Brewlady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It's really frustrating to be married to someone who has no interest in vaping. I've been vaping since August 2010, run vape meets, am on the board of CASAA, and still can't get my husband to vape. Today is his birthday, and I'm celebrating by having a vape meet at my house.:laugh: I have tried everything, and he just keeps smoking.

Don't give up, she may eventually want to try on her own, but she has to WANT to vape for it to work.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
As long as she can vape a few times a day, and replace a few cigarettes with a vape, she is on the right road.

You know, this journey is just so different for everyone. The juice thing tasted very *foreign* to me at the beginning, so much so that I honestly thought vaping was not going to be viable for me.

But, I vaped a little every day and it started to feel more comfortable, and normal.

Just encourage your wife to vape a little, each day. I have a family member who is vaping for 3 months now but still mixing it in with analogs. I don't push. It will happen. Or won't. :)

I think there is something to not wanting to be dragged into "somebody else's idea." I have a friend who, every time she has a EUREKA! experience, she wants me to do it. I can't tell you how annoying this becomes......although I know she is doing it out of love. But what floats her boat isn't what floats my boat! I'm with Bullette on this one.

(for god's sake, I jumped out of an airplane with a parachute on my back once just so I could experience something a friend INSISTED I would love. Guess what. I didn't love it at all. I don't even like amusement park rides!) So----------never again. :laugh:

Last edited:

hvac999

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2010
Charlotte, NC
When I vaped back in 2010 I thought I could not stop analogs and didn't. This time I started smoking e-cigs at EXACTLY the same time as analogs during the day, (one per hour). I also am using Smok Tech mega cartomizers, and it is working. I haven't had a cigarette in 3 days for the first time in 35 years. I also told myself I MUST stop analogs or DIE of a hideous cancer. I have lost 2 smoking friends to lung cancer.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Thanks everyone for the replies...I still have hope for her to quit. Anyway the nicotine mg varies, the fruit flavor 12mg, RY4 18mg (too strong for her) and a few more others. Yesterday I've bought 'Jade Tiger' 6mg I like it but she doesn't.

I guess wanting to quit that makes the difference...even my kids keep asking her 'why can't you be like dad?'. Really hope she quit soon. Thanks again..appreciate it.

Nagging someone about their addiction is both unkind and unproductive. Enough already from both you and the kids unless you want to make your wife feel miserable and continue to smoke.

As for the juice, try some 8 mg. samples from Vapor Beast. They only have 11 cherry-picked juices but all taste exactly as described with no nasty chemical or off tastes. The quality of the mixing is superb. Your wife might not find her all day vape there but I would be surprised if she didn't find something that she likes well enough to stick with vaping until she does find "the one".

If your wife likes fruit flavored juices I would highly recommend Virgin Vapors. The fruit flavors I've tried from there are all on the money flavor-wise. No nasty artificial, cheap candy or cough medicine taste. If your wife thinks a coffee flavor might interest her Virgin Vapor's Kona Milkshake is divine.

Also, try Ahlusion. If your wife doesn't care for something from there she can let Wlad, the owner, know when he emails for feedback. Wlad can either tweak the juice or steer your wife to another flavor she might prefer.

Alistar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Jersey
When my boyfriend started vaping he was working out of state and when he came home he brought me an e cig to get me to quit analogs. Being a stubborn woman, I didn't think I would ever truly quit, but I tried his silly little e cig.... I actually smoked both for a couple of weeks... then I began only smoking the analogs in the morning and after meals.... He then got me a vivi nova with 30 mg juice and I noticed I was only smoking analogs when I first woke up.... After about a week when I went to light an analog in the morning it actually tasted disgusting... I now only vape and I am down to 18 mg... Some people just need a little time to give up their long time friend.... In total it took me almost a month! I tried to get a co-worker to also switch, she has been smoking analogs for 30 years (twice as long as me), and she still smokes her analogs every day...... I got her the same set up as me and everything, but I don't think she actually wants to quit.... Good luck with your wife!!!

worthatry

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Charlotte
I haven't been able to quit all the way yet but have not smoked more than 8 cigarettes in a day in almost 2 weeks. Down from 1 to 1.5 PAD. The mental part is the only thing holding me back from full vaping. But try to get her to cutdown. Replace cigarettes with vaping but not all the way right away. Don't focus on the cigarettes she has but on the cigarettes she has avoided (best thing I have ever read on this forum). Tell her to enjoy that morning cig for now and then after that before she goes and smokes during the day take 3 or 4 good vapes and see if she still wants it. If 18 is too strong and 11 is too weak to fight the urges than get some 11MG juice and 18 MG juice and mix it to make around a 14 MG juice. If she starts to cut down she will feel the energy level rise and start liking the flavors of the vape better. I can't say if it works for sure as I haven't fully made the transition but I hope to get there and just the fact that I have gone some days with 2 or 3 cigs virtually pain free is amazing and gives me hope. Good luck in your journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread