My wife still can't quit analogs....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
vaping ecigs is really considered Tobacco Harm Reduction (THR) meaning that we still get our nicotine for those who need it while cutting down on cigarettes. So if she wants to continue to smoke cigarettes while vaping, that is good.

Some people quit cigarettes when they first vape, others may take a while longer to figure out vaping is a much better experience for them. But the key is for them to find what works better for themselves as far as setup and juices to try. So my question to you is: Is she the one making the decisions of which juice to get, or are you making that decision for her?

I suggest you nor the children pressure her, nor compare her to you or anyone else. And definitely don't try to instill guilt to force her to vape. Instead of approaching it from "show me you love me by quitting smoking" to "we love you no matter what you decide." Believe it or not, it makes a difference.

lilac7779

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2011
East Tennessee
Thats the truth of it right there.... unless a person actively WANTS to quit smoking, its near impossible for them to do it.
They need to WANT to do it, for themselves, and not for anybody else....
Otherwise, they're destined to fail. The willpower has to come from wanting it for themselves.

I think you nailed it. I had always planned to die a smoker. I was convinced I couldn't quit. My Dr. showed me my chest x-ray and told me I HAD to quit. I got motivated real quick. I gave the disposable Blu a try and actually liked them, if it wasn't for those pathetic little batteries

I haven't had a cigarette in 13 months. I hope your wife can find a way to quit. I feel if she just had the right liquid, she could do it. Vaping is much more fun than smoking ever was. Good luck to you and her.

Alistar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Jersey
Also try to get her involved when you are picking your juices, if something sounds good to her then get a 10ml bottle of it so she can try it! Also my boyfriend got me a fancy pretty battery that I liked carrying around more than an analog!

5970.jpg

it's so super cute!!!! but also let her look at some batteries and pick a few out so they match her style!!

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Odd... I was just on a thread discussing Vaping Vamps and checked out their kits. You might want to take a look as they come with 5 prefilled cartos in different flavors. They tested around 100 flavors and found these 5 preferred by most gals. She might pick up on a more feminine look and feel as well as a more cigarette size one with their setup also. Does she have smallish hands? Couldn't hurt if that's what's needed for the transition. A clue might be if she has a cell phone, does she use a feminine-looking case with it?

PS: also just a thought... have you been to youtube and watched some of the female reviewers? or had her watch some? Many use the smaller setups.

Last edited:

Pentarth

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2012
Michigan
After helping 16 people so far get Lavatubes and begin vaping 2 have not quit smoking and both of them were bought by their significant other to get them to quit. They didn't WANT to stop smoking so vaping didn't work for them.
Secondly getting the right juice for your own needs/tastes is the hardest part of all. I got lucky in that the first juice I ever tried turned out to be my second favorite Volcano ecigs Tobacco Pure, it's a light tobacco flavor that leaves an ever so slight sweet aftertaste. I love it and used it for a LOOONNNG time before I finally got my first Pluid order (my new fav). My wife is still trying to find "her" fav juice and it's been 4 months and she still can't find one she really likes.
Just keep buying samples sized flavors till you find one for her that does the trick.

Cease

Dec 19, 2012
lovin the vape
Whatever you do, don't ridicule or guilt her about smoking ... unless you fancy arguing and resentments?

I think Alistar's suggestion about trying to get her involved when selecting juices is fantastic. Maybe have her pick a new juice for you both to try together? Shoot for a bonding experience. ;)

Dripping. Have you considered offering her a taste?

Alistar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Jersey
Whatever you do, don't ridicule or guilt her about smoking ... unless you fancy arguing and resentments?

I think Alistar's suggestion about trying to get her involved when selecting juices is fantastic. Maybe have her pick a new juice for you both to try together? Shoot for a bonding experience. ;)

Dripping. Have you considered offering her a taste?

that's how I got started! It is definitely a great bonding experience for my man and I!

TigerLadyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
Garland, TX
When I began vaping, (with an Njoy), I did not do so in order to quit smoking. Quitting smoking was not even on my agenda! I only wanted to have an alternative to use, instead of smoking, for the times that I was unable to smoke. I was a 2 to 3 PAD smoker and had smoked for 33 years. Once I started vaping, I was shocked to find out how dramatically, and immediately, my cigarette consumption decreased. It took me about 3 months to actually stop smoking any cigarettes at all. It also took my using Kgo and stardusts to do it - and a wide variety of juices. And had anyone 'pestered' me about quitting, I likely would have dotted them in the eye - as well as stubbornly clung to my cigarettes. It was just a matter of time, having a better delivery system available, and lots of juice selections in my arsenal that, eventually, just made vaping more pleasurable than smoking - to me.

My advice? Encourage her without harping on it.. make sure she has lots of choices in delivery systems and juices available to her. And get her some pretty gear to use. NEVER underestimate the power of 'sparkle' to us females..

~Tiger

Cease

Dec 19, 2012
lovin the vape
that's how I got started! It is definitely a great bonding experience for my man and I!

You know what?

I've only been vaping for two weeks, but I am quickly discovering that my smoker friends and family are curious about my devices and juices. Whip out the atty and a clean drip tip: let 'em taste for themselves. Nevermind that the technique alleviates my slight germophobia. =0

Gonna stockpile a few driptips and keep them close, methinks.

I'm already stalking my maillady like mad, poor woman.>.<

Shahzh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2012
Malaysia
Thanks again to everyone for sharing your experience and tips. Actually I never pressured her to quit smoking accept twice my eldest daughter just make a remark for her to quit. When I first got my first PV she asked if I could get one for her to try (her comment on the Lavatube is that it's big), so I showed her the iTaste VV, she likes it and I bought it. Even every now and then when I vape I offered her to try mine.

My next trip to see our local supplier for the ejuice will definitely invite her and let her decide on the flavour. I have to be patience in the mean time to see the outcome. I will let her read this thread so that she can pick up some tips for her too. ECF :thumbs:

Oooh one more thing, I managed to get a friend to quit analogs and start vaping. I borrowed him my Lavatube until his PV comes in.

Last edited:

epage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Eastern North Carolina
**SNIP**
Whip out the atty and a clean drip tip: let 'em taste for themselves. Nevermind that the technique alleviates my slight germophobia. =0
Gonna stockpile a few driptips and keep them close, methinks.

Other places likely have them, but you can get (very inexpensive, too) "friend tips" from E C Blend so that you can let friends sample your juice and avoid the germies :D

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
I know its not right thread to asking this but the now I think I am not allowed to post any other section instead of newbies zone. can anyone told me that is there any side effects of using the e-cigarettes? Thanks
Hi Brendon
Welcome to ECF
You can start a brand new thread here in the New Members section & post your question. You will surely get lots more responses that way.
Good luck.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Thanks again to everyone for sharing your experience and tips. Actually I never pressured her to quit smoking accept twice my eldest daughter just make a remark for her to quit. When I first got my first PV she asked if I could get one for her to try (her comment on the Lavatube is that it's big), so I showed her the iTaste VV, she likes it and I bought it. Even every now and then when I vape I offered her to try mine.

My next trip to see our local supplier for the ejuice will definitely invite her and let her decide on the flavour. I have to be patience in the mean time to see the outcome. I will let her read this thread so that she can pick up some tips for her too. ECF :thumbs:

Oooh one more thing, I managed to get a friend to quit analogs and start vaping. I borrowed him my Lavatube until his PV comes in.

Great news on your friend! And I think letting her pick her own flavors is a very good idea. And maybe she can get some new drip tips as well - a bit of bling.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Nope. Anybody want me to do something or not do something, I will rebel! I feel guilt & shame. I hide & withdraw from everyone.

Hardest lesson in life: focus on my own behavior & let others focus on their's. Works better that way.

Old Cowdog wisdom. Take it or leave it.

Not just Cowdog wisdom. Same here. Let her pick some flavors. I have two of the itaste VV's and really like em. If she like coffee let her pick some. I just want to welcome you to ECF and good luck. My mom-in-law won't stop no matter what. She has 3 different PV's and Clearos that I gave her and she just won't try. Anyway, I just want to wish you luck.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Nagging someone about their addiction is both unkind and unproductive. Enough already from both you and the kids unless you want to make your wife feel miserable and continue to smoke.

Perspicacious insight, indeed. A good time to teach children that everyone is good at different things, mom doesn't have to be like Dad, etc. We all all have assets and deficits...just not the same ones. ;)

RAWR does wonderful fruit juices. Everyone says so, there's even a topic about it, i think RAWR does good work or something.

Ahlusions not taking orders from new customers right now, til after the new year.

mitzeli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
louisiana
When I started vaping I had no intention of quitting smoking. I just wanted something for when I couldn't smoke. Within a few days I realized that I had forgot to smoke. Go figure 37 years of smoking and I just forgot to. For some people it is harder and they use WTA juices. Hopefully she will find something she likes as much as you like yours. Happy Vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread