N or M coaxial for 901 atomzr connection ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
I've read somewhere that a coaxial connector size M or N is a match for a 901 atomizer. Havent tried it but read it here somewhere.

Size M or N Reverse polarity female coaxial.

c9617e65.jpg

this is what you want (maybe):
Pack of 4 - RP TNC Female Crimp Connector RG58 CLF200 on eBay, also Accessories Parts Components, Wireless Networking, Networking, Computing (end time 15-Apr-09 19:25:22 BST)

Just wondering if anyone has actually used the coax connector and to what success ?

Cheers guys and girls :)

ApO.

Last edited:

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK

mjp808

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Outer Richmond, Frisco, CA
FYI, while I was at Radio Shlack, I came across Part #274-1582 or #274-1583, Panel-Mount Size "M" or "N" Coaxial Power Jack. The DSE901 atomizer screws on to it perfectly.

The dif between N and M is the diameter of the center pin, which doesnt matter for this re-purpose. There is also a 3rd lead that you don't use. When you see it, you will understand. Hope this helps.

mjp808

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Outer Richmond, Frisco, CA
Haven't tried that Apostle but this connector was mentioned on another thread and is a perfect fit for the 901

Single-Hole-Fixing 2.5mm DC Socket > Maplin

Thats exactly what the Radio Shlack one looks like. If the pin doesn't come up high enough to make contact, you can build it up with solder.

Understand that as well as this works for our purposes, it's made for a very different kind of connection. Thats why that diagram above is kind of confusing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread