N_E_Ts flavorless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ags79

Jun 18, 2018
A week ago I got in about 17 different pipe tobacco nets from NETs. They were mixed about a week ago at 100%vg 9mg nic. I know nets take longer to mature as well as being 100% vg, but everyone ive tried to test has like no flavor at all. When I order from heathers heavenly vapes, even though its a really new batch there is still a distinct flavor to them. All im getting from the NETs is a really harsh tobacco throat hit with no distinct flavoring. Are NETs different somehow where they have to steep a really long time to even taste it? Im surprised because they all are really dark in color.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
What brand/brands of NETs are you trying?

NETs are different than synthetic flavor concentrates. Often, one of the more glaring differences is the amount required in a mix. As an example; NET.com suggests an average usage of 25% (or even more) for many of their extracts.

What ratios did you mix yours at?

Also, you are correct, in that tobaccos do take a fair amount of aging (a month is not at all uncommon). If you are being stingy with the amount you are using it will take even longer. And, as VG is a poor flavor carrier (and you are using 100%VG); that is going to add even more time for the flavors to fully develop.

Be patient, try to shake a couple of times a week, keep them in a dark place... and wait. If you want to sample vape a bit each week; there is no harm done.:)

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
So from net.com? I also been vaping heathers nets fir a long time and last year ordered a few from net.com and absolutely hated them. They all just tasted like a dirty ash tray. I also tried them in various stages of time and it didn't help. I wound up tossing
A week ago I got in about 17 different pipe tobacco nets from NETs. They were mixed about a week ago at 100%vg 9mg nic. I know nets take longer to mature as well as being 100% vg, but everyone ive tried to test has like no flavor at all. When I order from heathers heavenly vapes, even though its a really new batch there is still a distinct flavor to them. All im getting from the NETs is a really harsh tobacco throat hit with no distinct flavoring. Are NETs different somehow where they have to steep a really long time to even taste it? Im surprised because they all are really dark in color.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
100 VG, as mentioned, is definitely not the best carrier for flavor. Tie that with a NET and it could take 2-3 months of steeping just to notice a change. If NET's are your thing, I am not sure why you are going 100 VG unless you are cloud chasing... If that's the case, you are losing some of the nuances that a good NET has to offer. The higher temps/watts have a way of twisting the flavor of a good NET. Heather's you can get away with it because it's kind of an artsy NET with flavors in the forefront.. If these juices are from NET.com there have been discussions in the NET thread about quality.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Very true and agree about 100 vg with nets. Hell, nets already have a gunk factor, pair that with 100vg and much worse. I prefer 60vg with nets but perhaps the OP is pg sensitive ?
100 VG, as mentioned, is definitely not the best carrier for flavor. Tie that with a NET and it could take 2-3 months of steeping just to notice a change. If NET's are your thing, I am not sure why you are going 100 VG unless you are cloud chasing... If that's the case, you are losing some of the nuances that a good NET has to offer. The higher temps/watts have a way of twisting the flavor of a good NET. Heather's you can get away with it because it's kind of an artsy NET with flavors in the forefront.. If these juices are from NET.com there have been discussions in the NET thread about quality.

ags79

Jun 18, 2018
So from net.com? I also been vaping heathers nets fir a long time and last year ordered a few from net.com and absolutely hated them. They all just tasted like a dirty ash tray. I also tried them in various stages of time and it didn't help. I wound up tossing

yes from NETS.com the flavor is practically non existant. Compared to HHV at the same 100VG HHV is extreamly more flavorful and I just wish there was a way to make these 17 juices I ordered from NETS.com to taste better. The ones from NETS.com are way darker and thicker.

Wish it was vapors tounge, but its not

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
yes from NETS.com the flavor is practically non existant. Compared to HHV at the same 100VG HHV is extreamly more flavorful and I just wish there was a way to make these 17 juices I ordered from NETS.com to taste better. The ones from NETS.com are way darker and thicker.

Could be they need a longer steep. It wasn't that mine had no flavor, it's just like they all tasted dirty and all were almost exactly the same and I even gave them 3 months before I chucked them out..yes mine were also extremely dark as well. Like you, I love heathers, especially DF and net.com wasn't even close. I have tried black note , and although they were very clean and pretty good, the flavor just wasn't there. Good-e juice isn't to bad, vita Bella is a good one, but besides that I haven't tried any other nets. I never ordered 100 vg because I rather a bit more flavor, so 70 vg is as high as I go with 60 being my fav....

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014

If you like HHV and favor some of the NET's in that category you might be disappointed with your NET.com order. In my opinion, they are the more authentic, for lack of a better word, NET's out there. I use to order quite a bit from NET.com and I did like some of the juices, but they grew tiresome rather quick for me. There's only so much Cavendish or Burley I can take.

A good vendor that also does NET's is Goodejuice. The price is pretty cheap and you can try 10ml bottles. Steeping is good for these as well, however they're pretty good out of the mailbox too. One of their top ones is Patriot, it's not harsh or robust like some of the other NET's. The only downside is that they are all 50/50 blend and do better at much lower watts. A nice 1.2 - 1.8 ohm coil at about 10-12 watts is the better road to take with these particular NET's. Outside of Patriot tobacco, the others are pretty authentic in their flavor. I use to like the Arcadian tobacco as well.

ags79

Jun 18, 2018
Could be they need a longer steep. It wasn't that mine had no flavor, it's just like they all tasted dirty and all were almost exactly the same and I even gave them 3 months before I chucked them out..yes mine were also extremely dark as well. Like you, I love heathers, especially DF and net.com wasn't even close. I have tried black note , and although they were very clean and pretty good, the flavor just wasn't there. Good-e juice isn't to bad, vita Bella is a good one, but besides that I haven't tried any other nets. I never ordered 100 vg because I rather a bit more flavor, so 70 vg is as high as I go with 60 being my fav....

What is Dark Fire suposed to taste like, like whats its flavor profile, i have some thats a few weeks old but not getting much taste from it

ags79

Jun 18, 2018
hmm i wonder if thats part of the problem. Im using .15 coil at 70w Have a link to a device like what your describing? Tried putting mine at 10w no vapor comes out at all
If you like HHV and favor some of the NET's in that category you might be disappointed with your NET.com order. In my opinion, they are the more authentic, for lack of a better word, NET's out there. I use to order quite a bit from NET.com and I did like some of the juices, but they grew tiresome rather quick for me. There's only so much Cavendish or Burley I can take.

A good vendor that also does NET's is Goodejuice. The price is pretty cheap and you can try 10ml bottles. Steeping is good for these as well, however they're pretty good out of the mailbox too. One of their top ones is Patriot, it's not harsh or robust like some of the other NET's. The only downside is that they are all 50/50 blend and do better at much lower watts. A nice 1.2 - 1.8 ohm coil at about 10-12 watts is the better road to take with these particular NET's. Outside of Patriot tobacco, the others are pretty authentic in their flavor. I use to like the Arcadian tobacco as well.

• Useful

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Of course you can't run a 70W device at 10W. That's part of vaping at 10w, way different setup. Actually I find pure NETs to taste most right at even lower power, with that milkshake through a straw type tight airtflow. But even then, the flavor can vary greatly. I did get a great experience once with a RDA ~15W with a NET.com juice, but it was more a case of startling realism than being entirely pleasant. I did find their flavoring a bit on the low side, and liked my reorder with added extract more, but never ordered again. These days I'm sure I could taste it plenty though. There was a definite difference between their different flavors, but also a sort of family resemblance. I also think it's the kind of flavor that's transferred much better by PG.

The one NET I've tried that's really different is Goodejuice. There is some question if it's 100% NET, no one's been able to figure out Patriot. Maybe just a different process or using a flavored tobacco of some kind. Patriot is one of the best but multiply what I said about hardware dependence. Intense and delicious in a rebuilt EVOD at 5.2W. Their Fire Cured and Perique are best used as concentrated flavors, I'm not kidding. The Organic is more their normal NET, still plenty of taste. GJ4 is maple syrup but intriguing after a long steep. Didn't like the Wrangler.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    You mean dragons fire? Oh man its really flavorful imo but it's hard to describe. .I taste maybe sweet tobacco, maybe a smidge of dark chocolate and something like honey or butterscotch? It's like bobas bounty, no one really knows, and everyone taste something different. ...I agree now about your wattage and drop ins, I think 70 watts dtl might mute the juice, but I can't say for sure. In all the years I have been vaping , 99 percent of the people that vape nets vapes mtl at much lower wattages, I really haven't seen to many dtl at higher power talking about their nets....Personally I use nets in rebuildable mtl rta's at 23 watts
    What is Dark Fire suposed to taste like, like whats its flavor profile, i have some thats a few weeks old but not getting much taste from it

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread