Nanny Google

Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksva

Feb 18, 2018
I realize I am probably late to the discussion in this but....today, on day 622 of not smoking I tried googling to find my faforite brand of mod and found absolutely nothing vape related at all. These over blown knee-jerk bans around all thing vape with no good science to back it up will cost way more lives when people have no choice but to quit (when they couldn't before) or go back to the death merchant products available everywhere.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I realize I am probably late to the discussion in this but....today, on day 622 of not smoking I tried googling to find my faforite brand of mod and found absolutely nothing vape related at all. These over blown knee-jerk bans around all thing vape with no good science to back it up will cost way more lives when people have no choice but to quit (when they couldn't before) or go back to the death merchant products available everywhere.
vape - Google Search
online vape supplies - Google Search

It doesn't seem to be a problem.

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
What state are you in? Wonder if that matters?

Reactions: stols001

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
What mod are you searching for? Are they still in production/buisness?

Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
What state are you in? Wonder if that matters?

States lack any ability to alter what you see online or track your behavior (without say a warrant to access your search history for a criminal investigation with reasonable cause to believe you are or have committed a criminal act).

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
States lack any ability to alter what you see online or track your behavior (without say a warrant to access your search history for a criminal investigation with reasonable cause to believe you are or have committed a criminal act).
You are being tracked and monitored and potentially manipulated, who has access to this data is unknown.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
eventually Google will restrict info given to you due to the vast history it accumilated on you over the years...

such as... hey google tell me about sunflowers, gives you all sorts of links to see. and then, Hey Google tell me where to buy high voltage transformers... Google checks history and sees you spent way too much on high voltage stuff and denies you access ( no person in their right mind needs that much HiVolt stuff) ;)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I believe @JCinFLA but then she's a nice person who like, just finds deals. I have considered duck duck go but I think google gets weird with you on the political stuff, actually. The husband and I did some comparative google searching and mine was a lot less weird. To be fair, I also think it may be adaptive to a degree and just give you what you want. Or not.

I know nothing about computers actually other than some day (Terminator has taught me this) there will be a Great War but we will have a Leader who Arnie hates, at first, but them comes to love very very much.

I'm not even getting INTO Kianu. He was the one dark spot in the Matrix Movies, instead of being called "The One" he should have been called, "The doofus."

Guess we shall see,

Anan

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Personally I have never used Google. I used Yahoo since before Google existed and still do. Although Yahoo isn't much better in terms of tracking searches, but I do take a lot of preventative measures to restrict and obfuscate what they can track about me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread