The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Nausea from vaping...

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by jespeak, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jespeak

jespeak Senior Member ECF Veteran

I have only been vaping the last 2 weeks. After my first day, I woke up to having nausea. Since then, this has only happened one more time after a day of more heavy vaping than usual. The amount of nicotine in my juice is 12mg. Has this happened with anyone else?

I plan to lessen the amount of nicotine to 10 or 8mg. Does anyone have suggestions or can share a similar experience? I would truly appreciate hearing from you.

Happy Vaping,

JB:thumbs

[​IMG]

2. hrlw817

hrlw817 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 5, 2012
    St. Charles, MO
    Sounds like you are overdoing it on vaping by having too much nic in your system. I had this happen a time or two when I chain vaped 16 mg. Now I am at 8 mg and I don't get any nausea at all or headaches. So, the lower nic may help if you plan on chain vaping. You could also use your 12 mg during the day and use a lower nic level at night. That may help your nausea.

3. Rhapsodies Fire

Rhapsodies Fire ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2010
    Bow, WA, USA
    While I didn't go through a lot of nausea, there was some when I quit smoking, not when I started vaping (there was 6 months between me starting to vape and quitting smoking.) I always had luck with drinking more hydrating fluids (not alcohol, soda or coffee). The ill feeling I had only lasted for a few weeks...and I chalk it up to withdrawals from the cigarettes, not nicotine.

When I over did it on the vaping, i would also feel ill, but water tended to help that. When I was getting too much nic, I noticed a peppery flavor or aftertaste in my mouth that wasn't pleasant...that's how I know I need to dial it back a bit. I started at 12mg, then moved up to 24mg. Over time, my juices became unpleasant and I've been dialing it back over the last few years. I'm now back down at 12mg.

Hope this helps...even if just a little. Hope you feel better soon! :)

4. Yves

Yves Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 23, 2012
    Matamata, New Zealand
  5. SteveDTF

SteveDTF Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 13, 2012
    Fullerton, CA
    That happens to me too when I vape heavily on an empty stomach. A little food and water and it goes away.

6. MoGo

MoGo Full Member Verified Member

Aug 1, 2012
    East Tennessee
    I had a couple episodes of nausea in the first week or so. I've since increased my water intake and haven't had any nausea issues.

7. jespeak

The article you recommended was truly helpful. The list of symptoms switching from analog cigarettes to e-cigarettes is a wonderful article for reference. Thanks so much for your kindness!

Happy Vaping:thumbs:

8. jespeak

Thank you all for sharing suggestions. I will try various things out - I do want this to work, and will persevere to get it right!

Cheers and Happy Vaping!
    :thumbs:

[​IMG]

9. Jay99

Jay99 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2012
    United Kingdom
    It happens when you start, took me a week to get over and now chain vape 12mg all day every day with 18mg on stressful occasions

10. Tracey1

Tracey1 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2009
    Tampa, Fl
    Remember to drink extra fluids to keep yourself hydrated.

11. unloaded

unloaded Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2011
    SW. Indiana
    How much did you smoke a day? I'm asking because 12mg seems low for 2 weeks into it. I smoked a pack a day and I've been vaping 24mg for last year. I just went down to 18mg on latest order of juice. You could be having more withdrawl symptoms rather than overdose. When I get too much nic I feel real jittery and shaky also a bit nauseous. If you're feeling nauseous in the morning it's more likely lack of nic (or you are PREGO!).

12. jespeak

Thanks unloaded,

I better not be PREGO! LOL. I was also a pack a day smoker, and in the past have tried nicotine gum (3mg) which made me feel ill. Today things are better, and I make sure to drink lots of water. I am still experimenting with the amounts of nicotine and with VG or PG.

I appreciate your sense of humour!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

13. ~Sue~Feb2012

~Sue~Feb2012 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2012
    USA
    I haven't woken up with nausea, but I will say that in the past few weeks I've ordered DIY stuff, such as Capella flavors, TPA flavors, Flavour Art as well as nicotine based eliquids and SOME of these items gave me instantaneous nausea just from smelling them. (I open each bottle to look and smell inside.) Only a couple of them such as Cappuchino from TPA, 100 mg nic VG base from RTS vapes, and a Tiramasu flavor. Lordy I thought I'd vommit right on the spot after smelling the nauseous stuff.
    I have no idea why. Been vaping all kinds of different ejucies from many vendors for about 6 months. I love drinking coffee, (strong, cream, sugar,) Tiramisu deserts, etc. These particular scents (for lack of a better description) make me ill and had to throw these things away. (I tried letting them sit on the shelf but could even smell it through the closed bottles...perhaps some juice was ON the bottles? I'll never know...it doesn't matter LOL. )
    Hope your nausea stops and you figure it out :)

14. Speedjester

Speedjester Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    Boston
    Wife got nausea when she tried it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.