Nautilus 2 S users. Please Reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashif

May 26, 2019
First of, which is more good for MTL. Nautilus 2 or Nautilus 2S. I read leaking problems with Nautilus 2 so how is it compared to the newer S version?

Secondly, can you vape freebase juice in it with the 1.8 MTL coil or do you need nic salts for this coil head?

I am concerned because with pod devices which run on say 12 watts we need more nicotine strength because the watts are not enough for juice to heat up and produce required intake so we use salts to get more nicotine.

With the 1.8 coil, the suggested watts are like 10 to 12 watts which are like what we get in pod devices. I use only freebase juices so concerned that if I will get proper nicotine from my 6 mg 50/50 PG VG freebase juice with 1.8 or 0.7 coils. Or will I need salts for the 1.8 and freebase for 0.7 or 0.4 coils.

Please reply. Thanks.

Reactions: stols001

kashif

May 26, 2019
The 2s is a fantastic tank that doesn't leak. The top fill is spot on too. Nic salts are not needed for any of the coils. If it doesn't get you the hit you want just go up to 10 or 12 mg.

Thanks a lot. What nicotine strength you use with which coil? Do you get your nicotine intake satisfied?

Also can I vape MTL with the 0.4 OHM coil? Or do I strictly need 1.8 for the MTL? Please reply. Thanks.

kashif

May 26, 2019
You can do what you want with any of the coils. I preferred the 0.7 ohm coil at around 20 watts but the 1.8 was ok too at around 12-14 watts iirc. I never did try the 0.4 coil although one came in the box with the tank.

Thanks. One last question please. With the 0.7 coil at 20 watts do you get good flavour and vapor? Do you use the MTL drip tip or the DL drip tip and what nicotine strength you use for 0.7 coil?

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
I am concerned because with pod devices which run on say 12 watts we need more nicotine strength because the watts are not enough for juice to heat up and produce required intake so we use salts to get more nicotine.

Just thought I'd comment on this part of your opening post, if you don't mind. It's entirely possible to make yourself sick with too much nicotine, vaping at 12 watts with fairly low nic strength. I'm sitting here with a 1.5 ohm coil at 11.3 watts, vaping 3mg juice. If I hammer it my heart gets going like a rabbit in a snare.

The Nautilus s2 is a great tank for mtl and is able to run pretty airy when wide open. One point though, the coils work very well. They re great. But I was not impressed by coil life and got sick of spending money on them. Also there's a fair few duds and fakes around.

My advice for what it's worth is to consider the Innoken Zenith or Zlide tanks. Now I haven't used them but they are well regarded and the coils are getting great reviews. Read about them here on this Forum. Nautilus s2 great tank, great coils when they work but not good longevity.

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
Thanks. One last question please. With the 0.7 coil at 20 watts do you get good flavour and vapor? Do you use the MTL drip tip or the DL drip tip and what nicotine strength you use for 0.7 coil?

The 0.7 coils work great. Great flavour. Strength of juice and drip tips is all personal choice. I was using 6mg at that time, with any Nautilus coil.

kashif

May 26, 2019
The 0.7 coils work great. Great flavour. Strength of juice and drip tips is all personal choice. I was using 6mg at that time, with any Nautilus coil.

Thanks dear. I hope I can get access to 0.7 coils. I myself was thinking to use 0.7 BVC as its not very low or high. Its like the middle range. All BVC coils are compatible with Nautilus 2 S right?

Also do you have some info about the coil material? I searched and didn't find anything. I hope these coils are not ceramic.

Yes I said last question before but again these questions came to my mind :)

• Agree
Reactions: Fidola13

kashif

May 26, 2019
Just thought I'd comment on this part of your opening post, if you don't mind. It's entirely possible to make yourself sick with too much nicotine, vaping at 12 watts with fairly low nic strength. I'm sitting here with a 1.5 ohm coil at 11.3 watts, vaping 3mg juice. If I hammer it my heart gets going like a rabbit in a snare.

The Nautilus s2 is a great tank for mtl and is able to run pretty airy when wide open. One point though, the coils work very well. They re great. But I was not impressed by coil life and got sick of spending money on them. Also there's a fair few duds and fakes around.

My advice for what it's worth is to consider the Innoken Zenith or Zlide tanks. Now I haven't used them but they are well regarded and the coils are getting great reviews. Read about them here on this Forum. Nautilus s2 great tank, great coils when they work but not good longevity.

Thank you so much dear. Usually how long the coils last? I understand it depends on personal use but can you please tell me usually how long your coils last please?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I just reviewed this tank and I plain love the vapor. The new 0.7 MESH coils are astonishingly good. I vape them low power with the long driptip but I am very MTL. I can get a LOT of vapor if I crank up the wattage.

Unlike some other MTL mesh coils on the market, these don't mute flavor after a few days. You will have to experiment to find the right coil for YOU but you don't need nic salts. It really depends on your preference, but I have found I can vape at the recommended settings or below it (I like cool vape) but really you'll have to try it and see. It's also a very beautifully designed tank with great innovative top fill system.

The only thing I don't love about this tank are the coil changes, but these coils last fairly long provided you aren't chain vaping or like, using a coil killer juice. Lots of airflow options. It's a good choice. Almost everything that needed to be fixed in the N2 tank is fixed in this tank. It's great

Anna

Reactions: Jingles

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Do yourself a favor, stop listening to people that say you 'must' or it is 'better' to use nic salts in a Mtl style 'tank'.
It simply is not true.

Stop worrying about the resistance / Ω of the coil inside the replaceable head.
Resistance / Ω is a measure of impedance relating to the flow of electricity.
It is not a measure or description of an inhalation method - Dtl/Mtl.

The major difference between Dtl and Mtl replaceable atomizer coil heads is the inside diameter of the air pathway through the center of the coil that allows air to flow in through the air inlets into the air chamber in base, up through coil, into chimney/air tube to drip tip, and the size of the wicking holes in the body of the head.
You can see these, look down from on top at the head, the little hole in the center is where the air flow mixes with vapor & comes up through chimney & drip tip & what you inhale (larger diameter air hole = more air flow Dtl, smaller = less airflow Mtl). Look at the wicking hole size differences in the body of the head, (smaller Mtl, larger Dtl).
Always throughly prime new/unused heads before use.
With any replaceable head always start off at a low power setting (lower than recommended or printed on the body of the head) and gradually increase power taking a vape or three on each setting until you find the vape quality you want.
Your personal 'sweet spot'.

Stop worrying about the watts.
Stop trying to compare or relate a pod setup to mod & tank setup.
There just isn't an accurate comparison between the power & resistance used in different setups.
A pod setup and a mod & tank setup are entirely different methods of vaping. They are not comparable, 16w / .7Ω pod will not translate to 16w / .7Ω mod & tank setup.
The mod & tank setup up is much more efficient, much more adjustable to suit each individuals preferences, has consistent & accurate power regulation.

The whole point in owning & using a variable output power device/'mod' is to be able to raise or lower power going to the delivery device to find your own personal 'sweet spot' using an endless variety of delivery devices, resistance ranges, pg/vg ratio & flavorings.
How hot, warm, cool the vapor is, is dictated by your power & airflow settings.
Not enough of something gradually turn up the power, too hot, too harsh, slightly dry or burnt taste, turn it down.
Too little airflow open airflow control, too much airflow close down airflow. The airflow also acts as the coil's cooling system, more airflow = cooler, less airflow= warmer.

--- --- ---

Both the nautilus2 & the nautilus 2sS are fine Mtl 'tanks'.
I didn't have leaking problems from either, the occasional slight leak is common for any tank. Think about it, a liquid reservoir that has holes in the top and bottom, one to allow air in, one to allow airflow through, not uncommon to have an occasional seep or leak.
Aspire nautilus tanks use aspire nautilus BVC coil heads, aspire does make bvc heads that do not fit nautilus they are for other tanks/non nautilus. The box of heads will be labeled Nautilus.

I've always had very good longevity from nautilus 1.8Ω BVC heads, to the point I'd say the longest lasting of any Ive used to date.
But, I use clear, non sweet, 50/50 liquids between 10 -14w, and always start off new heads at 8.5w & gradually increase power over the first full tank of liquid.
By the time the first tank full is empty I am usually around 10w, during the second tank full I use anywhere between 10 - 14w depending on what I want/feel like, how cool or warm, slight adjustments in wattage also brings out different nuances in the taste / varies the flavor produced.

A 5 pack box lasts me a long time, 120ml ~ 140ish ml each head.
But, if you like sweet liquids or flavorings that are the goopy gunky type, or your liquids are colored or dark, you will not get anywhere near the head life.

When the nautilus came out I was still using 24 mg/ml nic in other 'tank' type delivery devices. I had to drop down to 18 mg/ml nic when using the nautilus. A more efficient delivery device than what I was using.
Over time I've reduced down to 3mg/ml, still using mostly Mtl tanks with resistances ranging from 1.8Ω to .5Ω.

kashif

May 26, 2019
I just reviewed this tank and I plain love the vapor. The new 0.7 MESH coils are astonishingly good. I vape them low power with the long driptip but I am very MTL. I can get a LOT of vapor if I crank up the wattage.

Unlike some other MTL mesh coils on the market, these don't mute flavor after a few days. You will have to experiment to find the right coil for YOU but you don't need nic salts. It really depends on your preference, but I have found I can vape at the recommended settings or below it (I like cool vape) but really you'll have to try it and see. It's also a very beautifully designed tank with great innovative top fill system.

The only thing I don't love about this tank are the coil changes, but these coils last fairly long provided you aren't chain vaping or like, using a coil killer juice. Lots of airflow options. It's a good choice. Almost everything that needed to be fixed in the N2 tank is fixed in this tank. It's great

Anna

Thank you so much Anna. I ordered this tank. Its so nice to know that I can vape MTL with the 0.7 coil and that the flavour is good. You answered all my questions in this reply about vaping with the MTL drip tip and the 0.7 coil. I need one advice from you that the tank comes with the 1.8 and 0.4 coils only. Shall I order 0.7 coils in advance or first try the 1.8 or 0 4 coils? I searched about coils and really most interested in the 0.7 coil which is unfortunately not included with the tank.

I also like cool vape. Maybe sometimes a little warm but very little warm. With the Skrr setup its painfully hot and I vape on like 20 or 30 watts only and hence not getting the flavour.

I will update my experience with this new tank. May I know what is your YouTube channel name as you mentioned you reviewed this tank.

Do yourself a favor, stop listening to people that say you 'must' or it is 'better' to use nic salts in a Mtl style 'tank'.
It simply is not true.

Stop worrying about the resistance / Ω of the coil inside the replaceable head.
Resistance / Ω is a measure of impedance relating to the flow of electricity.
It is not a measure or description of an inhalation method - Dtl/Mtl.

The major difference between Dtl and Mtl replaceable atomizer coil heads is the inside diameter of the air pathway through the center of the coil that allows air to flow in through the air inlets into the air chamber in base, up through coil, into chimney/air tube to drip tip, and the size of the wicking holes in the body of the head.
You can see these, look down from on top at the head, the little hole in the center is where the air flow mixes with vapor & comes up through chimney & drip tip & what you inhale (larger diameter air hole = more air flow Dtl, smaller = less airflow Mtl). Look at the wicking hole size differences in the body of the head, (smaller Mtl, larger Dtl).
Always throughly prime new/unused heads before use.
With any replaceable head always start off at a low power setting (lower than recommended or printed on the body of the head) and gradually increase power taking a vape or three on each setting until you find the vape quality you want.
Your personal 'sweet spot'.

Stop worrying about the watts.
Stop trying to compare or relate a pod setup to mod & tank setup.
There just isn't an accurate comparison between the power & resistance used in different setups.
A pod setup and a mod & tank setup are entirely different methods of vaping. They are not comparable, 16w / .7Ω pod will not translate to 16w / .7Ω mod & tank setup.
The mod & tank setup up is much more efficient, much more adjustable to suit each individuals preferences, has consistent & accurate power regulation.

The whole point in owning & using a variable output power device/'mod' is to be able to raise or lower power going to the delivery device to find your own personal 'sweet spot' using an endless variety of delivery devices, resistance ranges, pg/vg ratio & flavorings.
How hot, warm, cool the vapor is, is dictated by your power & airflow settings.
Not enough of something gradually turn up the power, too hot, too harsh, slightly dry or burnt taste, turn it down.
Too little airflow open airflow control, too much airflow close down airflow. The airflow also acts as the coil's cooling system, more airflow = cooler, less airflow= warmer.

--- --- ---

Both the nautilus2 & the nautilus 2sS are fine Mtl 'tanks'.
I didn't have leaking problems from either, the occasional slight leak is common for any tank. Think about it, a liquid reservoir that has holes in the top and bottom, one to allow air in, one to allow airflow through, not uncommon to have an occasional seep or leak.
Aspire nautilus tanks use aspire nautilus BVC coil heads, aspire does make bvc heads that do not fit nautilus they are for other tanks/non nautilus. The box of heads will be labeled Nautilus.

I've always had very good longevity from nautilus 1.8Ω BVC heads, to the point I'd say the longest lasting of any Ive used to date.
But, I use clear, non sweet, 50/50 liquids between 10 -14w, and always start off new heads at 8.5w & gradually increase power over the first full tank of liquid.
By the time the first tank full is empty I am usually around 10w, during the second tank full I use anywhere between 10 - 14w depending on what I want/feel like, how cool or warm, slight adjustments in wattage also brings out different nuances in the taste / varies the flavor produced.

A 5 pack box lasts me a long time, 120ml ~ 140ish ml each head.
But, if you like sweet liquids or flavorings that are the goopy gunky type, or your liquids are colored or dark, you will not get anywhere near the head life.

When the nautilus came out I was still using 24 mg/ml nic in other 'tank' type delivery devices. I had to drop down to 18 mg/ml nic when using the nautilus. A more efficient delivery device than what I was using.
Over time I've reduced down to 3mg/ml, still using mostly Mtl tanks with resistances ranging from 1.8Ω to .5Ω.

Thanks a lot Elvis for the detailed reply. I understood so many things like priming a coil before use, start at low watts than recommended. No need to worry about watts and find my own sweet spot between the recommended range. About my ejuice, its 50/50 pg vg tobacco flavour with no sweetness to it. If I hate anything its the sweet juices. I tried a couple at vape shops and never liked them. I don't have a sweet tooth. Just hate sweet vapors and thats why having a hard time finding tobacco flavour which doesn't have any sweetness to it on the exhale. But the juice is very dark in color. I have yet to try other flavours which I have. They are clear looking but not sure if they have sweetness to them. I will check. But if a coil lasts a week its enough for me. I don't chain vape.

I love the fact that you cleared the most important question which never got answered before is that vaping on a pod with same watts and coil is different than vaping on a mod with atomizer having same watts and same ohm coil. This question was bothering me since forever that why I needed a mod anyway if I had to vape on same watts which my pod system has. I can't thank you enough bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread