Nautilus 2 S users. Please Reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um, since it comes with those two coils maybe try them and see? I liked the 1.8 coil in the tank just fine. I prefer the 0.7 mesh coil, but frankly it's just a great coil. But you may as well try out the others first, I mean, they will die and etc. After you install the second one, order a box of the 0.7 mesh, decide what you like (which may be more than one thing BTW) and go from there.

Makes sense to me, IDK. I'm afraid I really can't advise you on coils everyone likes different things. I like the tank in general and the mesh coil the most. But that may not be your preference, etc.

With that said a box of coils is not that expensive and you know you are gonna try them anyway.... So... order them sooner if you want.

I can't promise you will love them just because I do.

Anna

kashif

May 26, 2019
Um, since it comes with those two coils maybe try them and see? I liked the 1.8 coil in the tank just fine. I prefer the 0.7 mesh coil, but frankly it's just a great coil. But you may as well try out the others first, I mean, they will die and etc. After you install the second one, order a box of the 0.7 mesh, decide what you like (which may be more than one thing BTW) and go from there.

Makes sense to me, IDK. I'm afraid I really can't advise you on coils everyone likes different things. I like the TANK in general and the mesh coil the most. But that may not be your preference, etc.

With that said a box of coils is not that expensive and you know you are gonna try them anyway.... So... order them sooner if you want.

I can't promise you will love them just because I do.

Anna

Thank you so much Ma'am. I ordered the 0.7 because almost everyone is saying that they are the best mesh coils for MTL in market. I also believe I will love them because they will give me more vapor than the 1.8 coil. I kind of love a good vapor production apart from the good taste. I will actually try them first then the 1.8 or 0.4.

One question, what strength nicotine juice you vape with this tank?

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
What strength / mg/ml Nic a person uses is usually related to their smoking habits and their personal preferences.
Even when using a Mtl inhale, when using a sub ohm coil head the chances are good you'll want to use a lower mg/ml nic than you would with an above ohm coil head.

How many Cigs per day were/are you smoking?

1.8Ω
Rough estimates. Individual preference, whatever works best to help keep you from smoking.
2 packs + / 40 ~ 50 cigs around 24 mg/ml
1.5 packs / 30 cigs. ~ 16 - 18 mg/ml
1 pack / 20 cigs ~ 12 - 16 mg/ml
10 cigs ~ 6 - 10 mg/ml
0 - 10 cigs - 0 - 3 mg/ml

Using .7Ω coil head, good chance you'll want to reduce nic - for a heavy smoker 18mg/ml, for a light smoker around 3 - 6 mg/ml.

.4Ω coil head, most likely reduce nic by around half of that used with a 1.8Ω coil head.

Clouds are produced by Vg, higher % Vg = more clouds, even when using Mtl.
Vg is smoother, responsible for cloud production, has a sweet taste by itself.
Pg carries flavors better, allows the nic throat hit to come through, can add to TH/harshness at higher powers & lower resistances.

All semi decent Mtl 'tanks' will produce more voluminous & denser clouds than smoking even when using 50/50, no matter the Ω coil used.

Hope you understand, many of your questions are of things we all had to figure out on our own, what works best for us.
Everything to do with vaping are matters of personal preferences. Trying all sorts of different 'things' / experimentation to find what works best for each individual is normal.
What works best for 1000 others may be so so or not work at all for you.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You can't tie nic into a specific tank, sorry. It's correct that it's an individual thing. I use 19 mg/ml in all my tanks, but they're all really set up as more or less MTL tanks.

The only time I went higher was when I was dealing with a really annoying relapse that I could not seem to end. I went up to about 30 in a few tanks then.. It helped.

However, (unless you were using a DL setup before) why not just use your usual juices? The 0.7 mesh coil doesn't turn the tank into a sub0hming machine the tank is not made for that.

Why not just start out at your usual strength and see if you need more/less. that is what I would do personally.

Of course, I also believe in the motto.... Laziness is he mother of simplicity.

Anna

kashif

May 26, 2019
What strength / mg/ml Nic a person uses is usually related to their smoking habits and their personal preferences.
Even when using a Mtl inhale, when using a sub ohm coil head the chances are good you'll want to use a lower mg/ml nic than you would with an above ohm coil head.

How many Cigs per day were/are you smoking?

1.8Ω
Rough estimates. Individual preference, whatever works best to help keep you from smoking.
2 packs + / 40 ~ 50 cigs around 24 mg/ml
1.5 packs / 30 cigs. ~ 16 - 18 mg/ml
1 pack / 20 cigs ~ 12 - 16 mg/ml
10 cigs ~ 6 - 10 mg/ml
0 - 10 cigs - 0 - 3 mg/ml

Using .7Ω coil head, good chance you'll want to reduce nic - for a heavy smoker 18mg/ml, for a light smoker around 3 - 6 mg/ml.

.4Ω coil head, most likely reduce nic by around half of that used with a 1.8Ω coil head.

Clouds are produced by Vg, higher % Vg = more clouds, even when using Mtl.
Vg is smoother, responsible for cloud production, has a sweet taste by itself.
Pg carries flavors better, allows the nic throat hit to come through, can add to TH/harshness at higher powers & lower resistances.

All semi decent Mtl 'tanks' will produce more voluminous & denser clouds than smoking even when using 50/50, no matter the Ω coil used.

Hope you understand, many of your questions are of things we all had to figure out on our own, what works best for us.
Everything to do with vaping are matters of personal preferences. Trying all sorts of different 'things' / experimentation to find what works best for each individual is normal.
What works best for 1000 others may be so so or not work at all for you.

Thanks a lot. Very very helpful. Thank you for the detailed explanation.

You can't tie nic into a specific tank, sorry. It's correct that it's an individual thing. I use 19 mg/ml in all my tanks, but they're all really set up as more or less MTL tanks.

The only time I went higher was when I was dealing with a really annoying relapse that I could not seem to end. I went up to about 30 in a few tanks then.. It helped.

However, (unless you were using a DL setup before) why not just use your usual juices? The 0.7 mesh coil doesn't turn the tank into a sub0hming machine the tank is not made for that.

Why not just start out at your usual strength and see if you need more/less. that is what I would do personally.

Of course, I also believe in the motto.... Laziness is he mother of simplicity.

Anna

Sorry to hear that you had some family issues and yes I just asked for a reference like usually what strength people vape with MTL setups. I usually only vape 6 mg.

kashif

May 26, 2019
My tank arrived. I removed the stock 1.8 coil it came with. Put inisde the 0.7 coil after priming it and letting it stayed for like 30 minutes. Took few puffs at 5 watts. Then after a while at 7 watts and so on and finally vaped at 18 watts. Not much vapor which was expected with this kind of tank and my 50/50 VG PG juice.

However the flavour is a bit muted and not as I expected. Since I didn't use my skrr tank good so I am not very familiar with flavours. I guess the flavour will improve when the tank is like half empty or when I use the first tank. I read many people experience flavour gets better after the first time so I am hopeful but I like the tank. Nice build and convenient. I bought the non TPD version. Filling with this tank is very easy and the included drip tip has a nice restricted air flow. Mimics like pulling puff from a cig which I love so much.

• Optimistic

kashif

May 26, 2019
The coil will improve a bit with use yes. Nice tanks aren't they and the top fill design just works. The wheel has been invented so there's no real need for designers to still come up with rubbish top fill designs.

Yeah love the tank. Wish it could hold more juice but I see with 18 to 20 watts the juice stays for some good time. Easy to fill and I love the build quality of it.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I find the mesh coil and I must say, it only improves after the break in period. It's the best mesh coil ever.

Still very happy with the tank too. It does require a bit of refilling depending on coil and wattage, but they did make it a super easy fill.

No complaints. Not even about the coil change (if I am using the mesh coils, LOL. I am willing to exert a bit of effort.)

Anna

Reactions: kashif

kashif

May 26, 2019
I find the mesh coil and I must say, it only improves after the break in period. It's the best mesh coil ever.

Still very happy with the tank too. It does require a bit of refilling depending on coil and wattage, but they did make it a super easy fill.

No complaints. Not even about the coil change (if I am using the mesh coils, LOL. I am willing to exert a bit of effort.)

Anna

Yes its very simple to use. Easy top filling and the best thing about this tank is no leaking. Also it looks good sitting on a mod. I love its air flow adjustment as well. The tiny holes are very easy to track of if you accidentally spinned it and need to reverse the desired settings. I find the air flow at just two holes open more good and tight. Still not satisfied with the flavour. I will try a new coil as all coils in a a packing are sometimes not always perfect.

I don't want to open another topic because other members will kill me lol as they have answered it several times but I want to ask something.

Can I just dip the whole coil inside the juice and let it bath in it for some time and then just blow air inisde the coil from mouth to expell juice which is gathered in the middle of the coil. People do this but is it ok to do or not? At least I will have peace of mind that the cotton is saturated fully. Your opinion please.

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
My first mesh coil was a dud. Second is in and working. I'm not immediately impressed but maybe it'll get better. I'm finding flavour is muted, almost diluted. The coil seems to burn hot at 20w where I ran the cotton 0.7 coils and is harsh on my throat. Below 20w I get an over saturated vape which I cant stand. Flavour sickly sweet. So far I'm not liking them.

• Optimistic

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I find 20 watts too hot for that coil. I vape it at about 14 watts. It also has a break in period.

Are you sure you got the mesh coil and not the regular 0.7 coil. I hate to ask questions like these, but the mesh coil has been proving hard to find. There are regular 0/7 coils. Yours should have been blue on the bottom where you insert it. Sorry if I'm asking dumb questions here. I think Aspire is about to do a big release on it.

That coil requires a break in period of 1-2 tanks. I liked mine out of the gate, but I like it WAY more now.

Best of luck, play around with airflow and wattage and I hope you wind up liking it. BTW, "Recommended wattages" printed on the coil are JUST that, suggestions about how to vape something based on the manufacturer's idea of what is "best." You can go below (I usually, almost always do. AND it lengthens my coil life. Heck you can go above if it floats your boat (that may shorten coil life) but you can do it.

I hope it starts to work out better for you!

Anna

Reactions: greek mule

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
They are Nautilus mesh coils 0.7 ohm with the blue band. With airflow wide open and 18w plus, I am starting to taste my diy the way it should. Also with airflow wide open they lose that harshness. Also I can get a 3mm coil rod down the middle with room to spare so no narrow bore like the cotton coils. From all this I conclude, maybe wrongly, they were designed for dtl vapers. Which defeats the purpose of the tank for me, at least.

At lower watts I can use the tightest hole for mtl but my juice tastes like crap. I'm back on my trusty Berserker. My Golden Rollie diy using flavour Art concentrate tastes the way I mixed it to taste. Ah well.

• Optimistic

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think most slightly sub0hm mesh coil makers kind of assume you aren't going to vape it with the airflow almost closed. I kind of thought those sub0hm mesh coils were designed with the airier airflow in mind. I could be insane, but it has never once occurred to me to vape a sub0hm 0.7 coil as a tight MTL. They're designed to increase the capacities of the tank, I think, and while they're not like vaping a 0.05 coil at 100 watts they are designed to be vaped differently than the 1.8 coil. That is why they exist. To increase the capabilities of the tank.

I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune however :(

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: greek mule
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread