Nautilus or Kayfun Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoxyFoxyQS

Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
Mill Valley, CA, SF Bay Area
So I want to get a new topper for my provari mini. Currently i have 2 carto tanks, 2 protanks, 3 evod tanks.

Should I get an Aspire nautilus or a Kayfun clone? I think they are relatively within the same price range. I have yet to buy a clone of anything and not quite sure where to start with that.

Am I going to be disappointed with a clone?

Comments, thoughts, suggestions welcomed :)

Links to clones you approve of would help me too

Thanks!

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
HCIGAR Kayfun 3.1 | Luxor Vapes

Great Price, Fast Shipping, Quality product.

It is based on the Kayfun 3.1 ES instead of the KayFun Light so it has airflow control and adjustable 510 connector. I realize Some KFL and KFL+ clones have this, but the 3.1 ES had both out of the box, so there. I believe the 3.1's are a little "larger". Not that I care..

The side fill can be a real pain in the ... if you don't have the right bottle, but I top fill because it's easier and have never had a leak or flooding problem.

I like the Matte finish over the polished, but everyone has their preference.

These things are great. You just need to wash them real well before first use or you'll get a nice taste of machine oil.

Last edited:

RRaider

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2010
Texas
I have both and much prefer my Kayfun to the Nautilus. The Nautilus replacement coils are not cheap and in my experience many of them are bad straight out of the box. The Kayfun will only cost you some Kanthal, cotton balls, and a little time and give much better results. I bought the Blackbox Kayfun off Ebay but from what I've read there are others that are cheaper and just as good.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
Just placed my order with Luxor vapes :)

Great, now just pick up some Kanthal wire and some cotton or silica and you are good to go. One thing that's cool is that the one you ordered has a precoiled wick included so you can just attach it to the screws the start vaping. But I never tried theirs, I just dove in and tried a coil myself. The first time is pretty challenging but soon you'll be down to replacing wick and coil in less than 5 minutes.

And they last a real long time.

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea
Real KFL or the Nautilus. Skip the clone.

30voigp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread