The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Nautilus or Kayfun Clone

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by RoxyFoxyQS, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. RoxyFoxyQS

RoxyFoxyQS Full Member Verified Member

So I want to get a new topper for my provari mini. Currently i have 2 carto tanks, 2 protanks, 3 evod tanks.

Should I get an Aspire Nautilus or a Kayfun clone? I think they are relatively within the same price range. I have yet to buy a clone of anything and not quite sure where to start with that.

Am I going to be disappointed with a clone?

Comments, thoughts, suggestions welcomed :)

Links to clones you approve of would help me too

Thanks!

2. dooglez

dooglez Full Member

Nov 10, 2013
    akron
  3. zanedog

zanedog Moved On

Jan 28, 2014
    Alberta
    I'd go kayfun clone.

4. RoxyFoxyQS

Ok. That's what I was thinking too :)

Is there a specific clone that is better than others?

Where should I order from?

5. p.opus

p.opus Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Coral Springs FL
    HCIGAR Kayfun 3.1 | Luxor Vapes

Great Price, Fast Shipping, Quality product.

It is based on the Kayfun 3.1 ES instead of the KayFun Light so it has airflow control and adjustable 510 connector. I realize Some KFL and KFL+ clones have this, but the 3.1 ES had both out of the box, so there. I believe the 3.1's are a little "larger". Not that I care..

The side fill can be a real pain in the ... if you don't have the right bottle, but I top fill because it's easier and have never had a leak or flooding problem.

I like the Matte finish over the polished, but everyone has their preference.

These things are great. You just need to wash them real well before first use or you'll get a nice taste of machine oil.

6. RRaider

RRaider Full Member Verified Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Texas
    I have both and much prefer my Kayfun to the Nautilus. The Nautilus replacement coils are not cheap and in my experience many of them are bad straight out of the box. The Kayfun will only cost you some Kanthal, cotton balls, and a little time and give much better results. I bought the Blackbox Kayfun off Ebay but from what I've read there are others that are cheaper and just as good.

7. RoxyFoxyQS

Just placed my order with Luxor vapes :)

8. p.opus

Aug 24, 2010
    Coral Springs FL
    Great, now just pick up some Kanthal wire and some cotton or silica and you are good to go. One thing that's cool is that the one you ordered has a precoiled wick included so you can just attach it to the screws the start vaping. But I never tried theirs, I just dove in and tried a coil myself. The first time is pretty challenging but soon you'll be down to replacing wick and coil in less than 5 minutes.

And they last a real long time.

9. RoxyFoxyQS

What gauge wire do you suggest? I have some 32 that I've used to rebuild protank heads. I have a provari mini so can't go below 1.2 ohms.

10. darkgear

darkgear Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Real KFL or the Nautilus. Skip the clone.

[​IMG]

11. p.opus

Aug 24, 2010
    Coral Springs FL
    32 will work just fine. That's what I use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.