Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
Going back on topic again. (had to quit flirting first)

I don't know the differences in the various kayfun models yet and not sure how to compare that to a Sophia.

The regular kayfun is larger, has side fill port and adjustable air control. The KFL has a bottom fill port and no adjustable airflow control, the KFL+ has the bottom fill AND airflow control. The Lites are both smaller than the original kayfun (hence "Lite"). The Russian and Russian 91%...well, technically clones, but of equal (some say better) build quality. From what I understand, the Russian folks that originally designed the Kayfun had a falling out. The guy that owned the rights went to Germany and started building Kayfuns, his disgruntled partner took the design to Kebo and they put out the Russian. Here's a link to a pbusardo video where he reviews the KFL and the Russian 91% side by side. The KFL+ came out after that, I think.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
samwise;

best to start your own thread for the most feedback. it's bad forum etiquette to hog up someone elses thread.

as to your question. build another one exact same specs, maybe one less wrap. this time bring the coil as close to the lid as possible and square it up right behind the air hole. trim a little length off the legs of your cotton and thin it out a bit. you'll have much better results.

SamNapolitanke

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
Tempe, AZ
samwise;

best to start your own thread for the most feedback. it's bad forum etiquette to hog up someone elses thread.

as to your question. build another one exact same specs, maybe one less wrap. this time bring the coil as close to the lid as possible and square it up right behind the air hole. trim a little length off the legs of your cotton and thin it out a bit. you'll have much better results.

Thank you, and noted about the thread. Sorry OP.
Thanks for the advice!

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I've tried searching, with no luck.

How does a Sophia compare to a typical genesis? Currently using a Steamboy, 2ohm/30awg/8wrap micro coil, cotton u-wick now. When moving to RDA and RB I found I needed to move from 24mg down to 12mg, and now 6mg nic. Will I get similar vapor volume (a lot),throat hit (very little), and taste(great)? Or will the Sophia tend to be more subdued, like a typical carto/clearo?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Southern Tina

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
FL
We are too much alike when it comes to some things. :)

Well, you are a whole lot prettier so that's a difference :2cool:. All the women I know in real life are tom boys and I am starting to suspect you are one those those too. I have really liked our short messages. We will have to do longer ones sometime.

Do like horses, climbing rocks, getting dusty on the trail?

:p

I didn't see this until now. Lol. Also, not gonna get off topic.

I haven't been able to find a Sophia either. I'm still looking though. I would love to compare it myself.

Last edited:

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Last edited:

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I love my KFL+ It is a real quality piece I use it on a Provari with a beauty ring nice slick look
I use 28 gauge Kanthol 10 wraps around a small screw driver = 1.8 Ohms I use organic cotton for a wick
I find it pretty easy to rebuild The coil lasts for a long time and I change the cotton evey week
I have never had any flooding or leaking problems at all! the centre section of the tank is Plastic
The tank hold 4.5 mils of juice last me all day
I have never tried a Carto but every other tank I tried( PT 1/2 & mini Aspire nautilus Iclear 30s) the KFL+ blows them away with better flavour and vapour
The hard part is finding one in stock some were
they are in stock here for 120 dollars Canadian so with the exchange would be cheaper in US funds and they do ship to the US :) DashVapes - Rebuildables & Mods - SvoeMesto Kayfun Lite Plus

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I would say it is beginner friendly :) here,s a video were he does 2 styles of micro coils cotton builds on a KFL+ I do the first example :)
Chimney Micro Coil Build In A Kayfun Lite - YouTube

Thank you for the information! Would the KFL+ be the best one to buy for a beginner and are there good recommendations of videos or blogs to learn how to build (I will look into that on my own too)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I am still waffling between a Sophia and a Kayfun.

Someone one is sending me an AGA T2 they never bothered to use. I am going to learn enough trying this out to make a better decision between the two? Will the AGA T2 be enough of an example to tell me if I should stay with my carto tanks or move to RBA's? Does anyone use both daily?

Carto tanks have worked out so well for me that I thought I would never look at RBA's but the feed back on the RBA's have made me have to give them a try.

MrOcelot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2013
New Glarus,WI,USA
Will it tell me enough to know if I want to pursue RBA's?

Maybe? Genny styles are not as easy to set up as a jay fun style, but that is a good genny so you will know if you like genny style for sure. If you can suspects fully build a genny you are golden for other attys.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Maybe? Genny styles are not as easy to set up as a jay fun style, but that is a good genny so you will know if you like genny style for sure. If you can suspects fully build a genny you are golden for other attys.

I am going to guess I will not stick with the Genny.

I am trying to decide if I want to stick with carto tanks or move to RBA's.

Carto tanks have really been working out well for me. Good enough that I have not even thought about a clearo for a long time.

Last edited:

MrOcelot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2013
New Glarus,WI,USA
I am going to guess I will not stick with the Genny.

I am trying to decide if I want to stick with carto tanks or move to RBA's.

Carto tanks have really been working out well for me. Good enough that I have not even thought about a clearo for a long time.

I use carto tanks and rbas. Cartos are for work and out of the house when I need the dependability and no fuss. Rbas/rdas at home or for short stints out of the house. There is room for both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread